Saturday, March 30, 2024

myasperations 3-30-24

     A friend's daughter graduates high school this May, and I offered to help her create a photo display board to share at her graduation party. If she gets her favorite photos printed off a few weeks before the event, we’ll get that done. If not, my real gift to her is a few dozen grad cards for friends, plus thank you cards (because I know that her mom requires that she sends them!) Here are pics of the first two cards I’ve made for her packet. I used her school colors- burgundy and gold, and I decorated both cards with the same inside sentiment and embelllies, so just included one pic of that!)  The digis are freebies from Dearie Dolls (where I printed off my first digis about 7 years ago. Now I use digis 90-95% of the time!)
     I’m entering this card into several challenges including Time Out: Striped (I found a pack of pre-printed YAY cards many years ago. They were in the New Year's clearance section, but the front was easily cut to fit on the front of a white A2 card. Sparkly die-cut stars add some fun bling!)

Supplies: 

·   Digis- Dearie Dolls Freebies Digital Stamps (Graduation)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment- on front of preprinted cards (from local thrift store)

·   Inside Sentiment- Desert Diva Freebie (You did it Congratulation-graduation)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #641-642
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #668
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #12 AG                                          
Paper Funday- #63 Anything Goes
Time Out Challenge- #260 Striped  

     We had a blizzard this week, hopefully, the last of the season. I made a few fun tropics-themed cards in defiance of the snow. This is the first one.

       I’m entering my card into several challenges including Park Hopping-My Happy Place (This is one of my favorite challenges… as it has introduced me to many new amusement parks. This card was inspired by Tropic Falls located in Alabama),  Outlawz- Tuesday Challenge: TicTacToe (my card reflects the three items in the diagonal from lower left- trees [palm vs blooming], tropical bird, and teacup includes colors that remind me of the ocean, and clamshell abalone!), and the Allsorts Challenge: AG (I seldom make “Keep It Simple” cards, but since this required no coloring, and very little cutting, it kinda fits that category!)
Supplies: 

·   Toucan and Parrot Stickers- Hobby Lobby

·   Upcycled Calendar page

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (MarchTropic Falls in Alabama          
Outlawz- Tuesday Color Challenge- TicTacToe 
Outlawz ChallengeMarch 2024 Linky
Allsorts Challenge- Week 773/4 Keep It Simple  (Option AG)

     My final card for this post is for the Butterfly Challenge, one of my favs! The challenge sponsor, Mrs. A, incorporates a letter/sentiment as one of the themes and includes six colors from which to choose. The current challenge has a technique I haven’t used in some time, Decoupage (3D).  A framed digi from Bugaboo Stamps, allowed me to easily print off extra copies of the floral sections, color,  fussy-cut, and then decoupage them!
     My card features all of the Colors- Dusky Pink, Dark Green, Daffodil, Delft Blue, and a few touches of Damson (plum) and Dairy Cream, plus all of the themes: Decoupage (flowers), Die Cuts (circles around “hello”), Diamonds (gems), and Butterflies.  The digi included one pretty butterfly, but I printed off two extras so the card fits into the Passion for Markers Challenge.) 
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Bugaboo Digital Stamp ) Company no longer in business

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment-hand written

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #732: Use 3 of Anything 
Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge- Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge-Anything Goes
We Love Stamping-Feminine  

12 comments:

  1. A gorgeous set of projects Kathy! Your 3D card is fantastic! I never would have thought to use an image that way. Love your colours, butterflies and frame. Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always a lovely display Kathy, the sD frame is beautiful, many thanks for sharing it with us at We Love Stamping challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh Kathy, your card is so cute!! Thanks for joining the Outlawz Tue. color challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous set of cards and I love how you've decoupaged the butterflies and flowers - such a great technique! Love your choice of colours too! Thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a beautiful card and lovely colouring …. Love the design and the butterflies…. A perfect gift too

    Thanks so much for joining us on the Passion for markers challenge…. 💗

    Love and crafty hugs from

    Wendy (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your card and clever interpretation of our board! Thanks for sharing with us at the Outlawz Colour Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  7. The way you have decoupaged the image is perfect. just right in every way. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The way you have decoupaged the image is perfect. just right in every way. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden with me. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful set of cards. Love them all. Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, and I hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such wonderful creations, all so beautiful!
    Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful 'D' design - really pretty.

    Thanks for joining us at the Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lots of great cards! Your Grad cards are beautiful and perfect for our Stripe theme. Thanks so much for joining us at Time Out:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!