Tuesday, March 5, 2024

myasperations 3-5-24

     This card features and cute little tree frog from a Beccy’s Place digi set that also includes three inspirational sentiments. For this card, I paired the little cutie with a jungle-ish looking paper and a computer-generated sentiment that always makes me smile
     (An exciting note- Beccy Muir, artist/owner of Beccy’s Place, is holding a retirement sale of several digi sets for 50% off (meaning that this set is just $1.95 US!). Besides this set, I have several others, so I’ll be posting cards made with them between now and March 31st. Check the sale listing out HERE!)
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Frog and Oleander)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Foliage Paper- Hobby Lobby

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Time Out Challenge- #258 Photo Inspiration (Tree Frog)   
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #729: Colours of Spring
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge: March-Green  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #637-638
Beccy’s Place Challenge- March   
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
      
    Last week I posted a front-n-back cat image from “Art Impressions.” This week I’m posting another pair of AI cat stamps, that again  provide a glimpse of  both sides of the little feline. I thought the computer-generated sentiment worked perfectly with the cat image. So fun! (You can see an adorable Spring/Easter card made with this set on my blog HERE. It’s one of my favorite kitty cards!)
Supplies: 

·   Images- Art Impressions Clear Stamp Set– (Mini Cat Spinner Set) Sadly, this set is retired but I see it on Ebay occasionally!

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into: 
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- AG
Outlawz ChallengeMarch 2024 Linky
Show Us Your Pussycats Challenge- Furry Thing Goes-#98 March  
 
    The son of a dear friend from high school was recently married and since I know he loves Halloween, I just had to make a card featuring one of my favorite Frank & Bride digi images for the happy couple. (Several years ago I used this fun Dr Digi image on a Valentines Day, I mean a “Valensteins Day” card! You can see and read about it on my blog HERE.)
    I’m entering my card into several challenges including Outlawz Festive Friday: Fancy Fold and Crafty Cats: More Than One Fold (I made a tri-fold card, so ghoulish newlyweds fill the center card panel, yet peek out of circle frame on the card front), Park Hopping: My Happy Place (I have one Halloween theme park on my bucket list-Hersheypark Halloween. Two words-Free Chocolate!), Papercraft Challenges: Carneval (I did a bit of research and found that Frankenstein was a hit at carnival sideshows back in the 193o’s. You can read about it HERE.)  

Supplies: 

·   Digi- Dr Digi (Made for Each Other)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   “ZAP” embellishment on inside sentiment is from a Dr Digi set  (Comic Sentiments).

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Fancy Fold)
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #666 (Optional twist- More Than One Fold 
        Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun!
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (March
Papercraft Challenges- Challenge #103-Carneval
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge-Anything Goes

12 comments:

  1. Fun card! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! What amazing and fun cards, all so different, but with so much humour, love them x

    ReplyDelete
  3. a lovely card with Beckys image and super colours, thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz challenge, Tilly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Frogs love to hide and you've given him a lovely garden in which to do so, Kathy. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards Kathy, well done! I love how you've placed the little frog in all that foliage, he looks right at home tucked in there. Great sentiment too, I'm sure that will give someone a chuckle.
    The kitty card is adorable... the front and back image is so much fun, and you've used it perfectly! Love the cheeky sentiment. Your final card in the post is so unique! I love the idea of creating a wedding card that suits the couple. Awesome!
    Thank you for the little plug too, I appreciate you sharing the link.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an unique image, I love it! Might have to go and pick it up!! The jungle paper provides a fun background and I love your sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. 🖤🧟‍♂️💀👻🖤 I have been following Universal's Epic Universe build and their Dark Universe land (aka vintage monster land) and this card is the perfect representation of it. One of my favorite combinations, creepy and cute! 🖤🖤🖤 Thank you for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. 🎨🎢🌟 Cheers, Makira

    PS. If you want to enter your other cards we'd love to have them:
    Flower & Garden Festival - Epcot
    The Secrect Lives of Cats (oopss... I mean Pets 😁)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous colouring of that pretty image, Kathy and that leaf paper is the perfect background too...
    Thanks for playing along with us at Passion for Markers this week, Lisa. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome creations!! Thanks so much for participating in our COLORFUL OPTIONS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous card Kathy. The image is fab and your colouring is perfect. The sentiments are so much fun.Thank you for sharing with us at Passion for Markers this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  11. A lovely card with lovely colors and design. Thanks for playing with us over at PFM.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun card, thanks for joining us at The Outlawz, Festive Fridays

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!