Wednesday, March 13, 2024

myasperations 3-13-24

     This is my second card for the Time Out Challenge photo inspiration. The cute little tree frog is from a Beccy’s Place digi set that includes three inspirational sentiments. For this card, I paired the little cutie with foliage patterned paper and a computer-generated sentiment that always makes me smile.  (An exciting note- Beccy Muir, artist/owner of Beccy’s Place, is holding a retirement sale of several digi sets for 50% off (meaning that this set is just $1.95 US!). Besides this set, I have several others, so I’ll be posting cards made with them between now and March 31st. Check the sale listing out HERE!)
    I'm entering this card into several other challenges including the Lift Challenge (my lattice fence looks a bit different than the inspiration card, because I quickly realized that he couldn't "squeeze" through the spaces in the lattice of my originally planned fence. So, the size and spacing of the fence planks had to be changed!) and two Spring themed challenges (I wasn't quite sure when frogs show up... so googled it and learned that the do "pop up" literally, in the Spring!) 
 
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Frog and Oleander)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Foliage Paper- Hobby Lobby

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Time Out Challenge- #258 Photo Inspiration (Tree Frog)    
Lift Challenge- Elevator Challenge #186   (lattice/fence card)\
The Four Seasons Challenge- Anything Spring (March 2024)   
Double D’s Challenge- First Signs of Spring 
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge: March-Green  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #639-640
Beccy’s Place Challenge- March    Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Paper Funday- #63 Anything Goes      
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #667 (Optional twist- monochrome 
  
 My final card for the Time Out Challenge features a cute digi named “Skippers Pocket.” (I love the name Skipper for a frog!) After coloring the digi with alcohol markers, I used gel pens to add the look of “embroidery floss” to the flowers on the pocket and stitching to the pocket and background frame. I also added silver brads to the pocket and a scrap of doily to dress it up a bit!
Supplies: 

·   Digi- “Skippers Pocket” from Imagine That! (company no longer in business, and I miss Kris, a lot!)  

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white and pastel gel pens

·   Sentiments “Hoppy Birthday” &“Hop Hop Hooray” - Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Frog Hop)

·   Patterned paper, dragonfly brad, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Time Out Challenge- #258 Photo Inspiration (Tree Frog)   (I also posted this card to Pinterest) 
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- AG
Outlawz ChallengeMarch 2024 Linky
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge-A Bit of Green
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (MarchDollywood Frogs and Fireflies
Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge- Anything Goes
Di’s Digi Stamps- For a Child or With a Child  
The Paper Shelter- Spring Colours

12 comments:

  1. Aaahh, I love frogs, and especially teeny tree frogs. Beautiful floral paper and such a sweet little froggy smile. Thanks for sharing this with us at The Paper Shelter!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, I never thought I would say that a frog is cute but these froggies are adorable. Great cards, Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge and please share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such wonderful cards with great ideas, you are so creative Kathy. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card, Kathy. I really love how this cute frog is peeking out. Thank you so much for joining us at Time Out. Hugsxx Deepti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is so cute, Kathy. I love the frog peeping through the fence. Thanks for sharing at the Double D, "Signs of Spring" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, your card is so very cute. And that sentiment is hysterical! I love it. I can laugh because I'm someone who is approaching old myself! And the frog is adorable. I also like the texture of the lattice fence. As guest designer over at Word Art Wednesday I just wanted to pop over and say Hi and to thank you for sharing your talents with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards Kathy, love the froggy theme! Well done on figuring out the lattice issue... I think the way you've spaced the palings looks fantastic, much more decorative than consistent squares. You've used the image in a very clever way too, well done!
    The little frog peeking out of the pocket is adorable! It reminds me of something my sister would have done as a child... she absolutely loved all types of animals and had no fear of anything. Even now she is surrounded by them on her hobby farm. Great cards Kathy!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love frogs too, how lovely to see this one peeping out. Love the paper you used en matching envelope! Thanks for joining us at the Liftchallenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great sketch and adorable little frog! Love the scene!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Four Seasons challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy what fun your frog is! I love that you Googled when they appear-totally something I would do too! Thanks for sharing your card with us at The Paper Shelter!
    -Tia (Design Team "A")

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this curious frog! Thank you for joining us at the lift challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two great, fun cards - love them both!

    Thanks for joining us at the Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!