Friday, July 14, 2023

myasperations 7-14-23

My friends over at wecraftcards Forum are providing Christmas in July challenges all month. This one didn’t have a title, but I will call it “Embellished and Non-Trad!” The challenge required the following: Item- Christmas stocking, Colors- red, pink, and teal, PLUS- ribbon, glitter, and one additional texture. I struggled for a bit, pulling every Christmas stocking in my many collections (stamps-wood and clear-mount, digi images, stickers, and scrapping items) and studying them for inspiration. This sweet digi from Conie Fong was my top pick, so I started creatin’! After some planning and experimenting, I did finally get it done with all the requirements. I actually have several textures including the furry stocking cuff and smooth plastic of the inside sentiment.
PS- This sweet digi from Conie Fong is available for just $1.50, and the set also includes two different pine-bough digis!
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Conie Fong Digital Stamp (Christmas Stocking

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment-“Happy Holidays” from my scrapbook stash

·   Inside Sentiment- “Merry Christmas” upcycled from a Plastic Straight Head Floral Pick 

·   Polar White Flower Soft-  a few pinches add furry texture to the stocking. 

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
We Craft Cards- Christmas in July (Embellished & Non-Trad)
Conie Fong Art & Design Group [FB]- Monthly Challenge- June/July
Christmas Craft Creations challenge- Anything Goes     
{BYSHC} Challenge FB Christmas in July
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)
Outlawz Challenge- July 2023 Linky

I wanted to make another card for the Scribbles “Mustaches” Challenge. Their free mustache paper offered as part of the challenge provides a perfect backdrop for the mustache-inspired sentiment from Jan’s Digi Stamps. I decided I wanted the mustache to look like it’s been through the windy days we’ve been having here in Wisconsin… so added some scruffiness with a fine-line black permanent marker. However, the original digi is very well-groomed! (Actually, this set is a great addition to any collection that needs more masculine images. And, it is a deal at just $2.00. I added a WM image to show you what is included. Yep… a deal!)

Supplies: 
·   Sentiment (with digi) from Jans Digi Stamps Set (Mustaches)

·   Mustache digi shaded and “fluffed” with a Sharpie Black Permanent Fine-Line Marker

·   Sharpie Black Permanent Fine-Line Marker

·   Pioneer Clear Photo corners- available from several sources

·   Gold photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 Photo Mounting Corners)

·   Sheer black dotted Swiss ribbon- JoAnne’s

·   6x6 Mustache patterned paper- a freebie from Scribble Doodle Designs (found HERE)  

·   Other patterned papers and blue cardstock from my stash.

Entered into:  
Scribbles Designs Challenge- #121 Moustaches      
Jan’s Digi Stamps- July 2023 Anything Goes    
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #603-604 Anything Goes  
Patties Challenge- Anything Goes (July #208)
Paper Funday- #55 Anything Goes     
        Since I’m a DT for Sheepski (one of the sponsors), please don’t include me in the draw for their prize!

When I first started using digis, I purchased and won, many wonderful digis and sentiments from Bugaboo Stamps. Sadly, the business closed in July 2021, and I miss being inspired by artist/owner Jodie Mackrell and her talented DT! I wanted to make a beachy card, and this fun digi grabbed my interest.  The Passion for Markers Shape Card Challenge encouraged me to pull out a t-shirt template that I created a few years ago. I provided pics of past cards I’ve posted featuring it (HERE) and (HERE) and added the template to this post. Enjoy!)
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge (I’ve used all of the designated colors), and Outlawz Sunday: "Bed in Summer" poetry (I remember whining about having to go to bed in the summer while the sun was out. It seemed like such a waste of valuable outside play time!)
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Bugaboo (Flamingo Lifesaver) Company no longer in business

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Inside Sentiment- freebie from Desert Diva (Friends Forever)  

·   Inside Sentiment- Sticker from my scrapbook stash

·   T-Shirt Template- made by ME!

·  Yellow vellum, patterned paper, and cardstock from my stash.

Entered into:  
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #697 Shape Cards
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- Bed in Summer 
Inspiration Station- Challenge #51 July (Photo)
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge- July  
Double D’s Challenge- The Great Outdoors   
Di’s Digi Stamps- Summer Sun

9 comments:

  1. So cute! Thanks so much for joining us this month at The Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge!

    lovies, =o) kel
    TOL Tuesday Color DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh My, how fun is that Mustache card, and the sentiment is so fun! Thanks for inspiring us with your lovely card at the Paper Funday Challenge. We appreciate your support.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and thanks for sharing your fun T-shirt shaped card with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge also. I do miss Bugaboo, may Jodi's images will live on forever!
      Donna xx

      Delete
  3. LOVE your T-shirt template card ... how creative! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Such a sweet card, thanks you for joining the outlawz Colour challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH! Kathy, what marvellous and fun cards, love the T shirt card, thanks for the measurements.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the Must -Dash card! And your Summer card for Outlawz Songs and Rhymes is brilliant! Happy Crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card! Thanks for playing at Christmas Craft Creations

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!