Tuesday, July 4, 2023

myasperations 7-4-23

Today the USA is celebrating Independence Day… and as soon as I get this post finished, I’ll be heading outside. We live a few blocks from a park where the city shares a wonderful fireworks display. So, we will soon be sitting on our patio, drinking a cold beer as the sky above us explodes with bangs, whizzes, pops, and fountains of sparkly magic!
I made this card for my sweet hubby. I thought that he’d enjoy the ever-present/often snarky humor of Stella, a Bugaboo Stamps character. (And the card did make him laugh!)
I’m entering this card into several other challenges, including Park Hopping-My Happy Place (my card features lots of fireworks… which are a trademark of Disneyland. I didn’t realize that they created a tribute in the sky to Mickey Mouse above Cinderella's castle.. but found a photo on the web that proves it!)
 
Supplies: 

·   Digi and Sentiments- Bugaboo-Statue of Liberty (Company no longer in business)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Stickles- Diamonds

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Cupcake Inspirations- #572 Inspiration Challenge  Patriotic
Outlawz Challenge- Laughter  
Time Out Challenge- #241 “Funny”  
Di’s Digi Stamps- Make it Funny
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (July

I’ve been a DT member for the challenge at QKR Stampede for several years. However, the challenge is being stopped indefinitely after the sponsor, StampOnIt sold their inventory to a new company. Sadly, the sale fell through. When/if a buyer is found and the challenge is back up, I’ll be back to sharing my DT cards. Until then, I’ll continue to use their digis… as they are wonderful!  Actually, two of the cards on this post are from Eureka Stamps.
      The first card features a cute summer digi named “Beach Girl.”  I had fun creating a touch of realism to the image by coloring the floaty so that you can see the little bathing beauty's silhouette through it. It took a little time and planning but I love the effect. The background scene is made with an upcycled calendar page (cloudy sky) plus scraps of paper (patterned paper in ocean shades, plus parchment cardstock for the beach) torn into strips to create the scene. The sentiments are computer-generated.
Supplies: 

·   Digi and Sentiments- Eureka Digital Stamp (Currently Not Available)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Beach Toys- From my scrapbook stash

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes
Inspiration Station- Challenge #51 July 
The Sisterhood of Crafters- Beach 
Allsorts Challenge- Week 735: AG  (Option-Summertime)
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Water)
Outlawz Challenge- July 2023 Linky

This Easter card features sentiments from Eureka Stamps. The floral cross image was stamped on vellum with clear pigment ink and ultrafine black embossing powder. (It is a rubber stamp that I removed from the wood years ago so I can’t check the name, but think it's Embossing Arts.) I colored the vellum on the backside, the finished the card with sentiments, a butterfly, patterned paper, and a sparkly crown. (Note- I don’t usually make Easter cards this time of the year, but I’m working on card assortments to give as wedding gifts in the next few months so watch for all sorts of holiday cards to be showing up in the coming weeks!)
(I added the sweet little butterfly to this card for two reasons- first, I like to add them to Easter cards to represent new life/resurrection! Also, adding the butterfly allows me to enter this card into the Butterfly Challenge, one of my favs! Right now sponsor, Mrs. A, is offering a few changes for the summer. We can use any colors, themes, folds, etc. that we desire. The only requirement is that our card must feature a butterfly!)

Supplies: 

·   Digi- Floral Easter Cross (company out of business)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sentiments- Eureka Digital Stamp (Currently Not Available)

·   Butterfly and Crown Stickers- Hobby Lobby

·   Silver photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 Photo Mounting Corners)

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into: 

18 comments:

  1. A fun summery card, many thanks for sharing at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun and fabulous beach scene, thanks for sharing at Allsorts this week.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your Statue of Liberty Stella and the sentiment definitely made me chuckle! Thanks for taking some Time Out to share this funny card with us at Time Out Challenges! Can't wait to see you in the gallery again soon!
    Hugs, Kate (DT Time Out Challenges)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulously fun cards, you always have such a beautiful variety, your little beach girl is sweet and I would love to be at the beach today with our 90 hot and humid temps!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Sisterhood!
    Diane TSH DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {The Sisterhood}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} Coming July 7th

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful cross Kathy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Triple B challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    Co-Owner
    Triple B
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    More challenge fun beginning July 7th … check it out … SIMPLY CLEAN & SIMPLE

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMgosh I like Stella, been a minute for sure, love the sentiment as well, very fun card, thanks for playing our challenge Cupcake Inspirations Challenge. Have a crafty Day! Leanne DT Member/CIC

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stella in her glory, full of fun and cuteness. Thanks for joining us at Outlawz Twisted Thursday. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs, Berni DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous cards. Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you so much for entering the Twisted Thursdays challenge at https://theoutlawzchallenges-thursday.blogspot.com/ last month. Looking forward to seeing you again in our next twisted Challenge.

    Happy crafting,

    Angela

    The Outlawz Challenges

    Twisted Thursdays DT



    https://outlawzchallenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Outlawz Monday Greetings. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable little girl at the beach! Thanks for inspiring us at The Inspiration Station Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute project!!! I love the colors you used. Great design. Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is adorable. I love the layers. The dies you used are perfect!!! Thank you for playing with us this week at Cupcake Inspirations Challenge!!

    Nora
    DT Member
    Cupcake Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! Kathy, what deliciously fabulous cards, so different, but nonetheless beautiful. I can see why hubby laughed too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another great design - she really looks like she's having fun!

    Thanks for joining us at the Outlawz Festive Friday Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sweet creations!! Thanks so much for participating in our LIL PATCH OF CRAFTY FRIENDS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  17. Another collection of super cards. The easter card is lovely. Such beautiful colours. Thankyou for coming and playing in the butterfly garden. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I apologize for my late comments. I must say, this card is absolutely fantastic! There's something about it that instantly brings to mind the iconic Miss Piggy Fountain at Hollywood Studios. Perhaps it's the exuberant and glamorous vibe that both the card and the fountain exude. The way the colors and elements come together truly captures that whimsical and larger-than-life essence.Thank you for playing with us at Park Hopping My Happy Place. Cheers, Makira

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!