Thursday, July 20, 2023

myasperations 7-20-23

This month’s Sheepski Designs FB Challenge theme is “Anything You Want and I used a beautiful digi from Andrea’s artwork named “Bubble Dreams.” Even though I’m um… well over six decades… old, bubbles still fascinate me! For this card, I printed off the lovely bubble blower and lightly traced the bubbles onto vellum. (If you want to add bubbles to the inside sentiment, trace some additional bubbles onto the vellum.) Using a photo of bubbles I found on the web as my guide, I used a white gel pen to carefully draw over the pencil-marked outlines, added highlights to the bubbles, and set the vellum aside to dry. I colored and fussy cut the lovely bubble blower and adhered her to the card front. Lastly, I carefully cut around the vellum bubbles, positioned them on the card front (and base for the inside sentiment made with a scrap of the calendar), and used a small amount of adhesive to hold them in place. The adhesive might change the translucency a bit, but it just makes them look more realistic!  Add sentiments and you are done!  (One added note- Did you know that blowing bubbles is even more magical if you try it outside in below-freezing temperatures? Well, they are! They quickly start to freeze before they hit the ground, and then roll gently like a small but translucent grape! My staff and I all tried it one cold winter day several years ago and it was an amazing team-building activity!)  
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Inspiration Station: July (inspiration photo includes water rippling like it would in a pool, lake, or ocean and a beach ball. My card features an ocean, and I remember chasing bubbles like others chance a beach ball), the Tuesday Outlawz Color Challenge (my card includes three of the five colors, as required- blue, gold and tan), The Paper Shelter: A Well-Earned Break (blowing bubbles can be as relaxing to me as coloring. Ahh… heaven!), and Sheepski Designs: Celebrations (as busy as my days at the office often become, I feel like celebrating whenever I find a bit of time to do some self-care like taking a walk, enjoying a healthy snack, or even sitting on the patio and blowing bubbles!) 
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Sheepski Designs (Bubble Dreams)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Upcycled Calendar page- Sunset

·   Front Sentiment-“Thinking of You” from my stash of freebies (contact me and I’ll find its source)

·   Inside Sentiment- We Are 3 Digital Sentiments (Magical Sparkle)

·   Scraps of vellum and all other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
The Paper Shelter- #563 A Well-Earned Break
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge- July 
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Summer Fun)
Outlawz Challenge- July 2023 Linky
Papercraft Challenges- Challenge #96 Summer Fun
Sheepski Designs- Monthly Challenge Blog-Celebrations
      Since I’m a DT for Sheepski’s FB Challenge, please don’t include me in the draw for the prize!

Let’s Craft and Create Challenge- #197 July AG  

Since I love Christmas and baked goods, I just had to add this adorable digi from All Dressed Up to my collection. I used some patterned paper from Hobby Lobby, and fussy-cut a flurry of sweet little ginger cookies to embellish the card, inside and out. Two wonderful Christmas sentiments from Beccy’s Place complete the card.
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Allsorts: Mood Board (the board features a tiered tray of baked items… and my card features a whole army of freshly baked gingerpeoples!)
Supplies: 

·   Digi- All Dressed Up (Cookie Girl)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens

·   Front Sentiment “Sweet Holiday Wishes” from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Christmas Cheers)

·   Inside Sentiment “...Spicy Christmas” from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Gingerbread Season)

·   Christmas Basics Paper Pack 6" x 6"- Hobby Lobby

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Christmas Craft Creations challenge- Anything Goes     
Double D’s Challenge- Christmas in July  
{BYSHC} Challenge FB Christmas in July  
Allsorts Challenge- Week 737: AG  (Option-Mood Board) 
All Dressed Up FB Challenge- July (Anything You Want)           
All Dressed Up- #142 Anything Goes (July)
Beccy’s Place Challenge- July    
           Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!

From Christmas goodies, we’re going to zip to another favorite holiday of mine, the 4th of July. I’ve mentioned in earlier posts how my family looked forward to the 4th of July picnic and evening fireworks more than our birthdays and almost as much as Christmas! So, making patriotic cards brings back warm childhood memories. I didn’t get all of them sent out this year and this one just showed up when I cleaned my desk. Go figure! So wanted to share it before I pack it away for next year's celebrations. (An added note- this sweet digi is part of an entire bundle that also includes a colored version of the digi, a sheet of embellishments, and several different patriotic papers. I use one of the papers that is light blue with white outlines of assorted sizes of stars on cards for many different reasons.  But the exciting news is that the entire digi bundle is currently available for…FREE! The link is in my supplies list below.)
 Supplies: 

·   Digi- Polkadoodles Free digital download bundle (USA 4th July Celebration)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Hair was enhanced (fluffed) with a Sharpie Black Permanent Fine-Line Marker

·   Sparkly Heart Stickers- Hobby Lobby

·   Front Sentiment-from my scrapbooking stash

·   Inside Sentiment- Eureka Digital Stamp (Currently Not Available)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #605-606 Anything Goes   
Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge- Elegant or Rustic 
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG #259
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #27 AG                                          
Gem of a Challenge- Gem of a Challenge- Week #14 AG             
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge- July RW&B       
Paper Funday- #55 Anything Goes      
        Since I’m a DT for Sheepski (one of the sponsors), please don’t include me in the draw for their prize!

14 comments:

  1. Lots of pretty creations, the one for Allsorts is fun, thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your cards are wonderful! Such a clever idea to use vellum for the bubbles. I would love to try the cold outdoor technique but I live in the warm South so not a possibility for me (unless we vacationed up north and that's also not gonna happen LOL). Also, Patriotic Winnie is adorable and your coloring is beautiful. Thanks for playing along at the Paper Funday and Inspiration Station Challenges. We hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful collection of cards. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week with one of your beautiful creations.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. More wonderful cards Kathy, with beautiful memories attached from you too. Love them all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet Holiday Wishes, how cute! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Christmas in July Challenge. Donna, DT Member. Merry Merry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards Kathy! Love that little holiday baker lol. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful and cute cards, Kathy. Love the vellum bubbles also. Thanks for sharing your lovely cards on The Paper Shelter's latest challenge. Good luck, and hope to see you soon. Lori - DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fabulous collection of cards Kathy, you always do a great job putting them together... so many fantastic ideas! I love the way you did the bubbles on the first card, they look amazing. I've never blown bubbles in the freezing cold before, but I have seen it done on the internet.
    I couldn't agree more about Christmas and baking Kathy, the house always smells best at Christmastime. Your card is super cute, love the little gingerbread men.
    You final card is wonderfully patriotic! I've had the pleasure of spending a few 4th's in the U.S... some with fireworks, some with picnics, all with lots of fun!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous collection of cards! Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, and I hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Jinny

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your cards Kathy. Thank you for joining our challenge at
    Let's Craft and Create this week and good luck.. Ursula Uphof DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that girl! She's so spunky! Thank you so much for joining us at Colorful Options.

    Sara Lihz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great, colourful design - love it!

    Thanks for joining us at the Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Another darling card! That sweet little cookie baker is to cute and I love your fussy cut cookies decorating the card interior. Thanks for sharing another card with us at Christmas Craft Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The image is so beautiful. Thanks for joining us at the Papercraft Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!