Monday, July 10, 2023

myasperations 7-10-23

This is my first entry for Scribbles Designs' Challenge “Moustaches.” It features “Woolly,” one of my favorite quirky characters from Scribbles. He's striking a thoughtful pose, but I also wanted to add a burly handsome touch to his look. So, I created a slightly bushy mustache for him. I attached it by cutting small slits along the lower part of his nose, lifting it, adding a touch of adhesive, and sliding the ‘stache into place. I also added swirls with a white gel pen on Woolly’s head and body to create the illusion of texture. Lastly, I added a nice shiny texture to his nose with Glossy Accents. The sentiments are both from a fun digi set from artist Jan Mahew that is appropriately named “Mustaches.”
Supplies: 

·   Sheep Digi- Scribbles Designs (Woolley Thoughtful)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sentiment from Jans Digi Stamps (Mustaches)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Scribbles Designs Challenge- #121 Moustaches     
Jan’s Digi Stamps- July 2023 Anything Goes    
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #603-604 Anything Goes  

My next card also features a Scribbles digi image, an icy pitcher of lemonade, that would taste really good today as our temps are humid (aka hot AND sticky!) I wanted to make the pitcher look like glass, so before adding the coloring, I used a ruler and pencil to lightly trace the stripes in the background onto the pitcher. I next filled the inside of the stripes with a dark grey marker which is just a shade lighter than the stripes themselves. When finished, I traced the pitcher onto a piece of yellow vellum, to represent the lemonade while not smearing any of the black stripes, and used a few thin strips of double-stick place to hold the "liquid" in place. A white gel pen added highlights to the ice cubes and pitcher. Voilà! The front sentiment is from a sheet of Gina K’s, “mixed messages” and the inside sentiment is a freebie from Hannelie Bester, one of my favorite cardmakers, I can’t match her amazing CAS style, but her cards inspire me. She offers many a large assortment of freebie sentiments for special days… and many for…. well… any day! 
I’m entering this card into several challenges, including Park Hopping-My Happy Place (my card is inspired by Dollywood, TN-USA  The Busy Bee Ride), The Four Seasons Challenge- Summer, and Outlawz’ Festive Friday’s Summer Fun (Lemonade is on the menu at most of our summer gathering… because it just tastes so good when the temps are high), and Art Impressions "Bonnies Birthday Challenge" (I became acquainted with AI's artist/owner, Bonnie Krebs, in the 1990's after opening a small store, named "Stampers Den" in South Dakota. Bonnie's wonderful line of wood-mounted stamps were some of our favorites... and a top seller in the store. She was such a kind and generous business owner, and although I mainly use digis these days, I do enjoy pulling out one of my "oldies characters" when creating cards! So, it is my pleasure to wish "Queen Bonnie" Happy Birthday!) 


Supplies: 

·   Digi- a freebie from Scribbles Designs (Pitcher & Drink)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Lemon Table Decor- Hobby Lobby

·   Front Sentiment “Hello Friend”- from one of Gina K’s Sentiment Sheets (Mixed Messages)  

·   Inside Sentiment- a freebie from Desert Diva (Sending Birthday Hugs and Kisses)  

·   Bee Digis- from Imagine That Digital Stamps! (company is no longer in business, and I miss Kristine Breach, a lot!) 

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
The Four Seasons Challenge- Summer (July 
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (July)  
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Summer Fun)
Outlawz Challenge- July 2023 Linky
Art Impressions Challenge- Bonnie’s Birthday Challenge #355

This is my first entry into the Sweet November Christmas in July challenge. I’ve always loved snow globes, so I was instantly drawn to this digi named “Gnome Homes.” I tried to give the card a vintage feeling by adding the doily "table cloth", background paper that resembles elegant old wallpaper, and the snow globe base of "carved wood", made with a scrap of kraft cardstock. I like shaker cards, but I’ve always had trouble keeping the “shaker stuff” from either collecting in a clump or falling through the cracks. So, I decided to create a non-shaker version. I cut two circles of acetate and adhered the colored, fussy-cut digi to it with double stick tape. Then the fun begins! I gathered up all sorts of snowflakes (mainly stickers, but also a few upcycled beauties) and positioned them across the acetate and scene. The sentiment is from a set of Hobby Lobby stickers that are light blue and lovely!) After the snowflakes were all adhered, I sketched a few very tiny ones in with my trusty gel pen. Touches of Diamonds Stickles add a bit of bling. When the bling was dry, I put the second acetate circle atop the snowy scene,  and taped the bottom of the globe together with clear tape (it will be covered by the wooden base). Then trimmed off any excess acetate so that the circles fit nicely together and added very small strips of clear tap along the top and sides. I love the finished card!
I’m entering it into several challenges, including Outlawz’ Tuesday Color Challenge (my card features three of the colors-light blue [snowflakes and sentiment], sage green [trees and bushes], and brown ["carved wood" base]. Since snow globes often have a music box hidden inside, it also meets the twist of "music"!), Outlawz’ Thursday Challenge- (I think the vintage feeling of my card fits the category of elegant?) and Double D’s- The Great Outdoors  (my snowy scene is similar to the one on the mood board. I do love a good heavy snowfall!)
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Sweet November Stamps (Gnome Homes)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Snowflakes from several sources-upcycled from fragrance packaging, and packs of stickers from several craft stores.

·   Front sentiment- from one of the Hobby Lobby sticker sets

·   Inside Sentiment- Sweet November Stamps (Sentiment Pack Stickers)  

·   Stickles- Diamonds

·   Ribbon, acetate, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Friends of Sweet November (FB) July Challenge  
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge- July 
Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge- Elegant or Rustic 
Double D’s Challenge- The Great Outdoors  
{BYSHC} Challenge FB Christmas in July

14 comments:

  1. OH! My goodness Kathy, you have been busy, again! I love each of these fun and wonderful card, love the pun in your first and the lovely and clever lemon card. I love your "non shaker" card too. So very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of fabulous creations here, thank you so much for joining us at Four Seasons challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulously fun and creative cards, love the lemonade card design and the snow globe is pretty too!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at The Four Seasons and Double D!
    Diane FS and DD Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My, you had me at that fun mustache! How clever and cute. Thanks for playing along with us at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. BEAUTIFUL outdoor wintery scene! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Great cards!! I couldn't help butt giggle at your first card and I LOVE the lemonade one you entered into the Art Impressions challenge! Thanks so much for joining us!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely, and so perfect for our challenge over at Double D's! So glad you linked up with us. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute! Thanks so much for joining us this month at The Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge!

    lovies, =o) kel
    TOL Tuesday Color DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card - love that sentiment!

    Thanks for joining us at the Scribbles Designs Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your card, thanks for joinng the Colour Challenge'

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH My, Kathy! You have been busy! Inspiring array of styles exhibited. Thank you for sharing your lovely and fun cards with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck! Hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  12. too funny! Thank you for joining us on Jan's Digi Challenge. Pam, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for entering The Outlawz colour challenge this month. Your card is so delightful. Ursula

    ReplyDelete
  14. Me again!

    Thanks for joining us at the Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge too.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!