Friday, July 21, 2023

myasperations 7-21-23

I made this card to enter into Di’s Digi’s “Summer Sun” challenge using one of Di’s cute mushroom houses. Sadly, it appears that this version is retired, but you can find several other options at her shop HERE (and a few are in the $1 sale section of the store!)  I created the background with vellum, chalks, a makeup sponge, and a cloud stencil.     The sun and rays were added with a small circle of yellow vellum and Liquid Pearls.  
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Dis Digi Stamps (Mushroom House) Retired

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sparkly Heart Stickers- Hobby Lobby

·   Inside Sentiment- Eureka Digital Stamp (Currently Not Available)

·   Vellum (white and yellow), and other items from my stash

Entered into:  
Di’s Digi Stamps- Summer Sun
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #605-606 Anything Goes   
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (July)    The Gnome Village Fairytale Forest - Efteling
Jan’s Digi Stamps- July 2023 Anything Goes    

I had fun entering several cards into the Friends of Sweet November Stamps (SNS) FB page May celebration, named, appropriately, MerMay. I posted several of the cards I entered during the month to my blog … but didn’t have time to post all of them. So, I planned to occasionally post the new ones on my blog. This is one of those cards. It features the Beautiful Coral Reefweaver (mermaid) from one SNS digi set, and the adorable Otto (Otter) from a different set. Earlier this month my printer “misbehaved” while I was printing off a few pages of SNS digis. Several of the sweet images were smeared and ripped. I salvaged several items including Coral Reefweaver’s upper body and Shimmer RedKelp’s tail, hence… we have a beautiful mermaid frolicking in the ocean. Meanwhile, Otto, who likes bling, “borrowed” Shimmer’s necklace and is hiding out in the rocks on the beach. Maybe he needs to be put into time out with my printer?! 
I’m entering this card into several challenges, including The Paper Shelter: A Well-Earned Break (I love the ocean, so frolicking with either Coral or Otto would be the best break evah!), Art Impressions: V is for Vacation (again… I love the ocean!), and Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge- July  (I used the shades of blue plus tan and yellow-gold.)
Supplies: 

·   Mermaid Digi- Sweet November Stamps (Coral Reefweaver and Moki)

·   Otter Digi- Sweet November Stamps (Shimmer RedKelp and Otto)

·   Front sentiment from Sweet November Stamps (Empowering Sentiments Pack)

·   Upcycled Calendar page- Ocean and rocky beach scenes

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Stickles- Star Dust

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  SNS-Coral Reefweaver (mermaid) and Moki
The Paper Shelter- #563 A Well-Earned Break
Art Impressions Challenge- #356 V is for Vacation     
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge- July 
Outlawz Challenge- July 2023 Linky

 

This week's challenge at wecraftcards is “design a Christmas card using only White and Silver and one other color of your choice plus some texture.” (optional- a small amount of black can also be used.) I found this “JOY” digi, printed off on white, and decided to use that as my focal point. I decided the silver would be stars-printed on vellum and sparkly stickers. Took a little time to decide on the color… until I saw a piece of brown plaid paper in my scrap pile. I fussy cut the JOY, adhered it to the plaid paper, and cut the silver starred vellum a bit smaller than the plaid. I was going to attach the vellum with clear photo corners, but instead opted to cut slits near each corner of the plaid, slipped the corners of the vellum through these slits then taped them down on the underside. I finished the card with an A2 base made of kraft brown cardstock, sentiments, silver stickers and black photo corners. (The smooth vellum and stickers provide contrast to the kraft cardstock, which is a bit coarse to the touch.)
Supplies: 
·   Digi Sentiment- “Joy” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Christmas Candy)

·   Digi Sentiment- “Wishing you…” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Celebration Panels)

·   Sparkly Star  Stickers- Hobby Lobby

·   Inside Sentiment-Wishing you a merry little Christmas”  Freebie from Birdscards

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   Silver Star Vellum, and  other items from my stash.

Entered into:  BP Joy with stars
We Craft Cards- Christmas in July Week 3
Beccy’s Place Challenge- July     Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Double D’s Challenge- Christmas in July  
BYSHC Challenge FB Christmas in July  
BYSHC 2023 Christmas in July Linky Party
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)

15 comments:

  1. OH! What a happy sunny card Kathy, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shining summery composition, Kathy! Thank you for sharing your whimsical creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck! Looking forward to seeing you again soon.
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely cards, Kathy! Love each and every one, but since I love everything and anything to do with the ocean, I would have to say that I love, love your mermaid card :-) Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Paper Shelter.
    Lena - DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How pretty! Great cards!! So glad you shared them with us over at Jan's Digi Stamp Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Karen C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely holiday card, Kathy! I love that big JOY sentiment for your focal point... so beautiful! Thanks for playing along with the Christmas in July 2023 {BYSHC} Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful Holiday card!! Thank you for joining us for the BYSHC Christmas in July Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet and adorable card, Kathy. Thank you for playing along with us on The Paper Shelter's latest challenge. Good luck to you. Lori - DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the size of the letters for your "joy" card. Great papers, too! Thanks for posting your card in the {BYSHC} Blog Christmas in July Linky Party!

    ReplyDelete
  9. FABULOUS cards Kathy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card just twinkles with stars and I love that look! Thanks for linking up with us at Double D Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful array of cards! The 'joy' card is really beautiful, classy & elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Christmas card! Love how you used the vellum over the Joy. Thanks for joining us at BYSHC Christmas in July Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun cards! I love the mermaid and otter designs; too cute! Thanks for joining the Ai Challenge! -Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cards Aimes, I love the sweet ocean scene and pretty Mermaid. Thanks for playing along at the Inspiration Station Challenge!
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely happy card Kathy. The image was already bringing a smile to my face even before I read the sentiment. Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Jan's Digi Stamps.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!