Saturday, July 29, 2023

myasperations 7-29-23

I used pieces from three Sweet November sets to create this fun Christmas card. After printing the digis, I colored the Gnome houses, trimmed the sky from the digi, adhered the digi to a piece of starry background paper, and set it aside. Next, I trimmed the windowpanes from the indoor scene, colored the curtains and wooden window sill, and used a few paper scraps to add “carpet” and “wallpaper.” I used a scrapbook template to add a circle (moon) behind the silhouette of Santa and his sleigh on white cardstock, then added “moon craters” with a white gel pen and used a red gel pen to add Rudolph’s famous nose. Then came the fun part, putting all the pieces together. After positioning and taping them in place, I finished the card by adding whispy clouds of vellum to the sky, and tendrils of smoke to the chimneys (white gel pen), then colored, fussy-cut, and attached the pup and sentiments. So fun! Can’t you just hear the magical sound of jingle bells in the night? 
     I’m entering this card into several challenges including Park Hopping-My Happy Place (I discovered this challenge several months ago and it has become a favorite of mine as I’ve learned lots about amusement parks. Since I love the magic of Santa and all his friends and frills, Santa’s Village is a theme park I would like to visit… and possibly where I’d enjoy working after I retire. I’d make a good Grandma Elf!)
Supplies: 
·   Outdoor Digis (Scene and Santa)- Sweet November Stamps (Gnome Homes)
·   Indoor Digis (Curtain/Window and Pup)- Sweet November Stamps (Christmas Is Back:Background Builder Set)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Inside Sentiment- Sweet November Stamps (Sentiment Pack: Christmas)
·   Front Sentiment- “Christmas When All Roads Lead Home” from Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Home for the Holiday)
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into: 
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (July)    Santa’s Village
Friends of Sweet November (FB) July Challenge  
Allsorts Challenge- Week 739: Anything but Square  
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)
{BYSHC} Challenge FB Christmas in July  

This beach scene started with a free digi from a wonderful  FB group named "Printables for your Junk Journaling with TLC". Even though I’ve never made a junk journal (yet!) I do love the many freebies and affordable digis sets that I’ve purchased since joining the group. (You can check it out HERE!)
I decided the scene was the perfect fit for this adorable House Mouse stamp named Umbrella Nap. Scraps of beachy colored papers helped me to extend the scene across the entire front of the card. I would love to join the little guy (named Bumble) in vacationing at the beach (although I know that I’d get a horrendous sunburn if I ever napped while sunbathing!)
     I’m entering this card into several challenges, including the Sunday Outlawz': "Who Has Seen the Wind? (my cards shows the wind with swelling and crashing waves), and Inspiration Station's July photo (the ocean on my card is not nice and calm like the water in the photo, but I do think that it would be fun to watch a beach ball skip and bounce across those waves, possibly even being launched airborne to the next continent!) 
Supplies: 
·   Beach Postcard- Free Printables for your Junk Journaling with TLC (FB) Join HERE
         (Note- after you join, you can find this digi posted on 6-7-23)
·   House Mouse Stamp- Umbrella Nap (retired)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Sparkly Heart Stickers- Hobby Lobby
·   Front Sentiment- “Missing You” from Gina K’s Sentiment Set- Mixed Messages
·   Inside Sentiment- Freebie from Desert Diva (You Add Color To My Life)
·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- Who Has Seen the Wind?
Art Impressions Challenge- #356 V is for Vacation
Di’s Digi Stamps- Animals Acting like Humans
Papercraft Challenges- Challenge #96 Summer Fun

I loved creating a card for a recent Progressive Challenge at Outlawz with member/artist Sandra's beautifully drawn owl digi. So, I was happy Sandra generously created another bird drawing for the current challenge. My husband and I have been enjoying birdwatching since COVID, and especially love the flocks of house sparrows that entertain us a few times a day. So, I opted to color this little chirp to resemble one of our friends! (Note- I’m cleaning my craft room… again/still/always?... and found the pieces that make up my background scene. The pieces were the result of me trying to save a card front that I couldn’t quite get to “work” to my satisfaction. I tried several options, including a puzzle, but got frustrated and just tucked them away (I seldom throw such things away. Hence,  my regular need to organize and clean my craft room!) This time, when I pieced it together, I noticed the trio of ducks… and my brain clicked into gear. I positioned the little sparrow to be looking at the ducks, and he appeared to have such a look of longing that it stirred my spirit. So I dug through my file of scripture and inspirational sentiments and found this one that turns the card into one of Hope!  
I’m entering this card into several challenges, including the Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge (my card includes three of the five colors, as required- blue, gold and tan.)
 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Sandra’s Little Bird (Freebie for July 2023 Progressive Challenge)
·   Background created with Stampscapes stamps years ago including Duck Trio in Flight
·   Hope Sentiment- From TLC Creates Scripture Set (now retired, but others are available HERE- click shop and then click Bible)
·   Patterned paper, washi tape, and other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenge- Progressive Challenge (July) Little Bird  
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge- July 
Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge- Rustic 
Outlawz Challenge- July 2023 Linky
Jan’s Digi Stamps- July 2023 Anything Goes    
Let’s Craft and Create Challenge- #197 July AG 
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #605-606 Anything Goes   

18 comments:

  1. More wonderful cards with great images and all so beautifully designed, I love the themes on each and the fun in them too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you made the bird look so fabulous Kathy!!!! amazing! Thanks for joining the Outlawz Progressive challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely selection of cards, Kathy. Thank you for joining in the Allsorts Challenge this week with your beautiful Christmas card.
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Allsorts card is totally magical, thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a handsome, rustic card with bird image, Kathy! Thank you for sharing your striking creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck and looking forward to seeing what you create next.
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet with the dog looking out the window. Your other cards are lovely too. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card for our Allsorts challenge this time, thank you for entering there.
    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  8. FABULOUS cards! Love that little guy catching some rays on the beach! LOL Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Owner
    Sisterhood of Crafters
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome cards! I love the post card beach scene you created! Thanks for joining the Ai Challenge! -Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awe, these cards are adorable. Love them all. Thanks for joining us at Outlawz Twisted Thursday. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Hugs, Berni DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet set of summer cards! I love the bunny on the beach the most ;o) Thank you for playing along with our "Summer" challenge over at Papercraft Challenges. Have a wonderful day and happy crafting! Maike DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awww, that little dog looking out of the window is gorgeous!! Thank you for joining in at Allsorts this fortnight. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the little birdie and the sentiment (verse) is so sweet. Thanks for joining us at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.We appreciate the support!
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, that House Mouse sunning himself on that Tropical beach made me smile! Thanks for joining in at The Inspiration Station Challenge and we hope you'll join in again soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kathy, I just saw your gorgeous Happy Hopper card over on the Sisterhood of Crafters challenge blog :-) It's absolutely GORGEOUS!! If you make anything using House Mouse and Friends stamps, we would love to see them over on the House Mouse and Feiends Monday Challenge too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your little guy sun bathing on the beach and the wonderful scene you have created with it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!