Tuesday, July 18, 2023

myasperations 7-18-23a

I’ve been a DT member for the challenges at QKR Stampede for several years. However, they are being stopped indefinitely after the sponsor, StampOnIt, sold their inventory to a new company. Sadly, the sale fell through. When/if a buyer is found and the challenge is back up, I’ll be back to sharing my DT cards. Until then, I’ll continue to use their QKR and Eureka stamps as they are wonderful!  Actually, this card features both a digi and sentiment from Eureka Stamps.  The base is an easy-to-make Z-fold, and the items used to create the card are all from my stash. 
I'm entering this card into several challenges including Simon Says Wednesday's "Shimmer and Shine" ( although the photos don't do them justice, the marbled paper and aqua cardstock both have a wonderful glaze that shimmers in the light, and the gemstone add some sparkle and shine.) 

Supplies
·   Digi- Eureka Digital Stamp (Currently Not Available)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Inside Sentiment- Eureka Digital Stamp (Currently Not Available)

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Gem of a Challenge- Gem of a Challenge- Week #14 AG  
Let’s Craft and Create Challenge- #197 July AG  
TRIPLE B Challenge (Birds, Butterflies or Blooms)- July 
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #603-604 Anything Goes   

I loved discovering Christmas in July challenges when I started blogging because I LOVE Christmas! And when I found this wonderful digi stamp at Alex Siberia Designs I just had to add it to my collection. Why? Because during the years when I was teaching elementary students, I collected a few dozen of these bright, bold, and often obnoxious items of holiday apparel! I still have my handful of favorites that I wear every year. They make my sweet hubby groan, especially the Rudolph one that sports three sizes of jingle bells!
Supplies: 

·   Digi and front sentiment- Alex Siberia Designs (Christmas Sweaters Digital Stamp Bundle)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens

·   Sparkly Heart Stickers- Hobby Lobby

·   Inside Sentiment- “May your Holidays Be Bright…” (Source unknown, for now, I’m trying to find it in my hundreds of digi folders!)

·   Sheer black dotted Swiss ribbon- JoAnne’s

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Christmas Craft Creations challenge- Anything Goes     
{BYSHC} Challenge FB Christmas in July  
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas)
Outlawz Challenge- July 2023 Linky

This is my second entry into the Art Impressions Stamps’ "Bonnies Birthday Challenge." I just had to join into the celebration for AI's artist/owner, Bonnie Krebs. I met Bonnie back in the 1990s after a friend and I opened a small store, named "Stampers Den" in South Dakota, Bonnie's wonderful line of wood-mounted stamps were some of our best sellers! Although I mainly use digis these days, I do enjoy pulling out one of my "Golden Oldies” characters when creating birthday cards! I thought that the always classy Eunice could provide Bonnie with a bit of humor on her birthday! (Note- I try to credit any of the items I use on my cards. However, the humorous sentiment on this card is something I cut from a magazine back in the 70’s when I loved collecting such items to use in my high-school scrapbooks. That is why some of the actions mentioned in the list might be unfamiliar to younger readers!)  
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Art Impressions Golden Oldies Stamp- Eunice (Retired, but I found a few on Ebay and Etsy!)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Background created with a yellow ink pad and makeup sponge (after masking the image)

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated (Original Source unknown)

·   Stamped Sentiment “Happy Birthday”- Hero Arts (retired)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Art Impressions Challenge- Bonnie’s Birthday Challenge #355
Creative Fingers Challenge Blog: ATG #259
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #27 AG

8 comments:

  1. Love, love , love this gorgeous creation. Thankyou for managing to squeeze into the butterfly garden in time. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH! You are definitely on a roll with the cards Kathy, all just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I LOVE the birthday card; too funny! Thanks for joining the Ai Challenge! -Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautifully designed card, a fabulous fun fold!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Triple B!
    Diane TB Co-Owner
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Triple B}
    {Simply Clean & Simple} NEW

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun and different type of Christmas card that you've created for us at CCC

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super:)Thanks for playing with us at Let’s Craft and Create :)Ines DT
    http://inka-mojmalyswiat.blogspot.com/
    https://letscreatechallenges.blogspot.com/http://

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, those Christmas sweaters are the bomb! I love the cute images and I'm sure the ones you wore when you were teaching were a hit with the students! Thanks so much for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great set of cards. I love the holiday sweaters, and all of the details you added to the card. Thank you for joining us for this challenge at Christmas Craft Creations Challenge and look forward to seeing you again soon!
    Anna, Design Team

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!