Friday, July 7, 2023

myasperations 7-7-23

I had fun creating a few cards with images from Di’s Digis and humorous sentiments. The two bunny friends on this first card are so cute! is first one is so cute.  And the treats on that good tray are almost driving me to make an unplanned run to the bakery down the block. Their scones, which are super yummy, are calling to me!
I’m entering this card into several other challenges, including Park Hopping-My Happy Place (my card is inspired by the  Bunny Hop in Steinwasen Park, Germany)
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Dis Digi Stamps (Afternoon Bunny Tea)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Shine on the cherry added with Glossy Accents

·   Frosting on cupcakes made with Scribbles Shiny White 3-D Paint from JoAnne’s Fabrics 

·   Front Sentiment- TlcCreations freebie (Cupcakes Make Your Clothes Shrink)

·   Foam tape (the cupcake is fussy-cut, colored, decorated, and attached to the card to embellish it!)

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Di’s Digi Stamps- Make it Funny
The Paper Shelter- #561 Layer It Up
Jan’s Digi Stamps- July 2023 Anything Goes    
Patties Challenge- Anything Goes (July #208)
Park Hopping-My Happy Place (July

I had such fun creating this cocktail using one of my favorite digis from Andrea at Sheepski Designs. I’m working on cards to add to wedding gift bags that will hold 20-30 cards in a wide range of themes. This one fits into the “looks delicious” theme, right? It took a little time to make and required lots of layers, but I do like the way it turned out!
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Sheepski Designs (Birthday Cocktail)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Auld Lang Syne sheet music (version I used is no longer available. But here is a freebie that I like even better!)

·   Front Sentiment “Cheers”- label from my scrapbook stash)

·   Inside Sentiment- “Happy New Year” From Lili of the Valley Digi Set (Christmas Wishes)

·   Stickles- Diamonds

·   Scrap of acetate, and all other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Sheepski Designs- Monthly Challenge Blog
    Since I’m a DT for Sheepski, please don’t include me in the draw for the prize!
IncyWincyDesigns- JULY- Food +/or Drink                                                                                 
The Four Seasons Challenge- Summer (July                                                     
Paper Funday- #55 Anything Goes
 Since I’m a DT for Sheepski (one of the sponsors), please don’t include me in the draw for their prize!  

I took vacation leave this whole week and have been working on cleaning and organizing my craft room. It is slow going because I need to stop every so often and play with the items that I forgot I had… or haven’t been able to find for a while! I knew I wanted to make an elegant Christmas card for the current “Heat Embossing” challenge at Christmas Craft Creations. I dug through my dusty collection of rubber stamps from a few decades ago… and found this treasure from a long-retired SU set! A few nearly prehistoric items from my stash finished off the cards. I realized that I didn’t add inside sentiments, so will do that before I slip them into the assortments in my wedding gift bags! 
Supplies: 

·   Stamped Images- Stampin’ Up! (retired)

·   Gold Pigment Embossing pad with glittery gold powder

·   Upcycled gift wrap, specialty cardstock, mulberry paper, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Christmas Craft Creations challenge- Heat Embossing    
{BYSHC} Challenge FB Christmas in July
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- Christmas Tree
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Anything Goes   
Outlawz Challenge- Elegant or Rustic 
Outlawz Challenge- July 2023 Linky

11 comments:

  1. Very elegant Christmas tree!! Love the embossing!! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh you have been busy, another set of gorgeous cards. I especially like the yellow New Year card. (I like yellow)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable card, thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Shelter this week.
    Julie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful array of cards that cover an array of occasions, Kathy! Thank you for sharing your talents with us at Jan's Digi Blog challenge. Good Luck! Looking forward to seeing what you have next.
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the sugary rim on the cocktail glass (brilliant idea). Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

    Darlene
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Co-Owner … Can You Handle the Pressure, Double D, Four Seasons, Peace On Earth, Stencil Fun, Simply Clean & Simple, Two Old Bats, Triple B

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous cards, Kathy! Loved admiring them. Thank you for playing along on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. Hope to see you soon, and good luck. Lori - DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm popping back in to say I love the Cocktail image and card design. Thanks for inspiring us at the Paper Funday Challenge. We hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge
    Paper Funday Challenge
    Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love the martini card for it looks so real! It really looks like glass. thank you for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kathy thank you for showcasing one of SheepSki images. Love that cocktail card! Thank you for sharing with us over here at Sheepski Designs and best of luck with your entry.

    Gail DT for https://sheepski-designs-challenges.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable cards! Thanks for playing along with The Outlawz Monday Greetings Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Christmas design - you can't beat gold embossing!

    Thanks for joining us at the Outlawz Twisted Thursday Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!