Thursday, September 3, 2020

Beary Best Friends

A while ago a won a challenge at Polkadoodles and this is the sweet image I selected. I had fun coloring the little cuddler, and especially like the way her hair turned out since I just used a few shades of light grey markers and a white gel pen. When finished, I attached the colored image to a basket weave scrap that is actually the upcycled flap of a tissue box! (Can you see why I couldn’t toss this away in the trash?!) A bit of satin ribbon adds an additional bit of blue. I decided to use a Z-fold card base, which is even easier to make than a gate-fold! (I provided a tutorial link below. Easy Peasy!) The inside includes a Eureka sentiment and a fun surprise- a little bear with a blue bow to match the ribbon on the front.
 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Polkadoodles-Beary Best Friends
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers  and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Inside Sentiment- Eureka Digital Stamp (You’re Beary Special)Also available in unmounted or cling mounted
·   Cardstock, scrap of ribbon and upcycled Kleenex box from my stash
·   Little Bear Sticker- Recollections (from my stash)
·   Z-Fold Card Tutorial HERE
Entered into:  
Polkadoodles Challenge-Week #35 Anything Goes                      
Di’s Digi Stamps- For the Girls                                                         
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                
A Perfect Time to Craft 2020-Anything Goes- Sept  Challenge #9-2020

When organizing my craft room I found this image that had been stamped and colored with chalks many years ago. (Who am I kidding? I wasn’t organizing. I was digging through stuff to find something I needed… which is the opposite of being organized!) I’m sorry, I don’t have a clue of its source as I stripped the rubber stamp from its wood base long ago, but I rescued it from its hiding place and refreshed the faded coloring with some marker shading and white highlights. A bit of paper tearing and layering, plus the addition of patterned paper, a sentiment, and black photo corners finish off a lovely card.
Supplies: 
·   Stamped Image- Long-stemmed Roses (Unknown Source)
·   Colored with decorative chalks, a grey Spectrum Noir Classique marker for shading and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen for highlights
·   Inside sentiment- Imagine That Digi Set- Pandas  (Thinking of You) 
·   Cardstock and scrapbook papers from my stash
Entered into: 
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- September            
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Use Pink
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

My final card for this post was made for the Sisterhood of Crafters- It's the Thought That Counts challenge. The requirement is that a sentiment must be the focal point… and I knew that I wanted to use this wonderful digi sentiment from We Are 3.  I love that is has a message within a message! After a bit of thinking, decided to feature it on a T-shirt shape card. I couldn’t find a template on Pinterest… so I made one and provided it for your use! I created the base with colored cardstock, then cut the t-shirt from fun patterned paper from my stash, trimming a bit from the neck, sleeves, and bottom to allow the purple base card to show through.  
I'm entering this into several other challenges including Digi Doodle's "Use black and/or purple." (I did use both of these colors, but my card also features teal. Feel free to delete it from the challenge if this addition doesn't fit the challenge criteria.) 
 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- “Be the Change” from We Are 3 sentiment set (Just a Thought) 
·   T-shirt shaped card- Template
·   Colored a teal Spectrum Noir Classique marker
·   Background paper from my stash
Entered into:  
The Sisterhood of Crafters- It's The Thought That Counts (Sentiment as the Focal Point)
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #454-455 Anything Goes                   
Besties Challenge- September Anything Goes
Digi Doodle Studios Blog- Challenge #31 Use Black and/or Purple
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #82
    Since I’m a DT for this month’s sponsor, Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!

6 comments:

  1. All gorgeous, I love the first one and the way you have upcycled
    Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another fabulous sentiment card ... love the others as well! You sure keep busy! LOL Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, Kathy! Such a special sentiment on your card. Thanks for joining the Sisterhood of Crafters, "Sentiment" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great sentiment on this card; I'm also liking the message within the message! Very creative and perfect for a T-Shirt! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity. ~Katrina
    ps Sorry about deleted comment... I hit publish and realized I had a misspelling! UGH! More coffee needed over here! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  6. so cute card!! thank you for sharing with us at My Besties Challenge International Blog! =)
    hugs,
    Raelma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!