Wednesday, September 30, 2020

End of Month Creations

It's Wednesday! So it’s time for another challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog where challenges are always Anything Goes and prizes are awarded from one or more sponsors.  Stop by the blog to check it out!

For this challenge, I liked two of the digis so much that I asked to make two DT cards for two different sponsors. My first DT card features an image from SheepSki Designs named “Elsa.” I had fun creating her beautifully fluffy fur with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and a white gel pen. Doesn’t she look gorgeous against the fall background from an upcycled calendar page? The We Are 3 sentiment and a fluttering of mini die-cut leaves finish the card.

I’m entering this card into several challenges including Do-Al[l] Kreatives’ Inspired by a Song (What Does the Fox Say?- Now just try to get that tune out of your head!) and Bugaboo Photo Inspiration (inspired by the beautiful trees).

Supplies: 

·   Digi- SheepSki Designs (Elsa)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment- We Are 3 Autumn Sentiment set can be found HERE

·   Cardstock and mini die-cut leaves from my stash

·   Upcycled calendar page
Entered into:  
Bugaboo Stamps- PhotoInspiration                                  
Do-Al[l] Kreatives #45 Inspired by a Song
Spectrum Noir Community Group (FB)- Sept-Autumn/Fall  

My second DT card features a digi a sentiment from Stampers Delights named “Chibis Photo.” I loved coloring this little cutie but wasn’t sure how I was going to color the butterflies until I found a stack of 12x12 paper that I’d purchased a few months ago. In the confusion of working remotely due to COVID, I’d put a box of craft items in my garage… and it just resurfaced.  I’m so glad I found it because this sheet of elegant paper works so beautifully on this card… and provided me with inspiration for the flourishes I added to the butterflies and to her dress. I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz Saturday Challenge- Thinking of You (I’m thinking that a “You’ve Captured My Heart” sentiment means I’m thinking of you?!) and the NBUS Challenge (first time I used this lovely paper. I hope I can find more of it!)  


 
Supplies: 
·   Digi and inside sentiment- Stampers Delights (Chibis Photo)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   Assorted cardstock from my stash

·   Patterned Paper- I think this is from a Crafters Companion-Sara Signature Paper Pad I purchased this summer, but I tore them out to separate by colors so am not sure which pad. Sorry! 

·   Puffy Heart Stickers- Sticko’s from WalMart (The pack contains 113 assorted puffy hearts for just 99 cents!)

Entered into:  
Lemon Shortbread Challenge- Anything Goes #129
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Thinking of You 
NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff!)-  Challenge #18           
     
I wanted to make a card that could be considered masculine to enter into the challenge at Di’s Digis… and thought a fishing card might work. (However, this card is actually being sent to one of my staff members who is an avid fisherwoman!) I fussy-cut the fish from a sheet of scrapbook paper I found at Hobby Lobby on a recent shopping trip, and added a bit of shading with a grey marker and highlighting with a white gel pen. The background is an upcycled calendar page, and the sentiments are freebies (front of card) and computer-generated (inside of card.) I’m entering this card into several challenges including Incy Wincy Designs- Let’s Celebrate (especially during this stressful time in history, I think a day spent fishing truly is a reason to celebrate!)
Supplies:

·   Front Sentiment- Birdscards Freebie (Have a Fintastic Day)

·   Inside Sentiment- Computer Generated

·   Fish- Scrapbook paper from Hobby Lobby

·   Shading on fish with a grey Spectrum Noir Classique markers and highlighting with a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Background on card front-Upcycled calendar page

·   Background on inside of card-old map from my stash
Entered into:  
Di’s Digi Stamps- Make It Masculine 
Incy Wincy Designs- Let’s Celebrate
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- #142 Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #458-459 Anything Goes  
                 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy your cards are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your creativity is so beautiful to witness Kathy - each card unique, each a masterpiece. Your little fox is so sweet, I just want to cuddle him, but the eye-popper for me is your stunning design on the Stampers Delights card. I love that she's partially hidden behind that stunning paper and I love your additions to the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! You colored the fox beautifully! I just love all of your cards! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects. Perfect sentiment on your masculine card! Thank you for entering the Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow.. what amazing works. I love really love the fox.

    Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *List Manager* Challenges for Days
    *GDT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful collection of cards! I love the fox! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    JoyWilsonInk
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Owner and Coordinator

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!