Friday, September 25, 2020

Three Seasons

It’s Friday and time for the Colour Crazy Challenge. This challenge is “Anything Goes” but adds one requirement- the creation needs to include coloring in “any colouring medium you like, onto any project you like, and in any colours you like.” I’ve never outgrown my love for coloring… which is why making cards is stress therapy for me!!
This week’s sponsor is Oddball Art Co. and my card features a wonderful image- and message! I added shading to bold lettering to provide a bit of depth and colored the rainbow with pastel markers. Tiny teardrop rhinestones add sparkle to the raindrops and Stardust Stickles provide the rainbow a little magic. Cue the Munchkins, stage right!!
I’m entering this card into several challenges including the Outlawz Color/Photo Challenge (my card features a sky-like background and several of the colors in the balloon bunch.) 
  
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Oddball Art Co.  (Creepy Cute Rainstorms)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Stickles- Star Dust (adding sparkles to the rainbow)
·   Cardstock, background papers and tiny teardrop rhinestones from my stash
Entered into:  
Polkadoodles Challenge-Week #38 Anything Goes 
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge- Photo Challenge     
       
This sweet digi from Beccy’s Place makes me think of the holidays. Bright colors, winter clothing, and being surrounded by loved ones!  I created the wintry background by stamping some pine trees (inking up just the tops of a Stampscapes scenery wood-mount with a green ink pad) onto a scrap of cloud stationery. I colored the Snow Folk with Spectrum Noir markers and a white gel pen, then cut them apart. After adhering two strips of white cardstock to the background, I attached the snow folks with foam tape, providing a bit of depth to the fence. The inside sentiment is from one of my favorite Beccy’s Place digi sets named Sugar and Spice. (I love those pudgy little gingerpeoples!) I'm entering my card into several challenges including Outlawz Wednesday Sketch (I followed all the key pieces but made it into a landscape format and reversed the items from it from right to left. So fun!) 
 
 

Supplies: 
·   Digi- Beccys Place digital set (Snow Folk) Retired
·   Tree stamps- Stampcapes (Pines & Rocks) and  green ink pad
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Inside Sentiment-“It’s the most Wonderful time of the year” Beccy’s Place digital Set (Sugar and Spice)
·   Cardstock, background papers, cloud stationery, a holly sticker, and gems from my stash
Entered into: 
Beccy’s Place Challenge- September      
Christmas Crafts All Year Round- Use at Least 2 Things starting with S
Double D’s Challenge- Don’t FENCE Me In                                                          
Outlawz Challenges- Wednesday Sketch                                                 
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Stitched in Contrasting Color
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                       
        Since I’m a DT for Beccy’s Place (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun!

When organizing my craft room I found a baggie full of chocolate kiss wrappers (not sure where they came from… ha!!) and decided to put them to use. I remembered making an iris fold chocolate kiss card, but I couldn’t find the pattern in my files, or on Pinterest. So, I just started flattening and folding the foil scraps until I had enough to line the inside of a kiss shaped cut out and taped them in place. The rest of the card went together pretty quickly with items from my stash and silver embossed sentiment (a retired stamp from Stampedous.)  I even tucked a little Hershey’s kiss tag into one of the folds on the point to add a bit of realism. So fun!
Supplies: 
·   Inside sentiment- Stampendous Wood Mount (retired)
·   Background papers and silver photo corners from my stash
·   Silver foil for iris folding- from a chocolate binge!
Entered into: 
Cute Card Thursday- Challenge #653 Folds
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #458-459 Anything Goes                   
A Perfect Time to Craft 2020-Anything Goes- Sept  Challenge #9-2020
        Since I’m a DT for Sheepski (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun! 

10 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy all your cards are gorgeous. You always make such lovely cards. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous cards, Kathy! The chocolate kiss card looks great with your silver foil iris folding, those little Snow Folk are so cute and I love the winter scene behind them. Your rainbow card's sentiment is so true and all that sparkle is a nice touch.
    Thanks for playing along with us at The Outlawz!
    Jacqui
    DT for The Outlawz

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! How cute is that snowman fence! LOVE IT!!! Brought an instant smile!! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Don’t Fence Me In’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic cards Kathy, well done as always!
    I love the sparkle you added to the first card with the little rhinestone rain drops and the glitter layer over the rainbow, it looks fabulous! Great sentiment too. It was a good idea to add the shadow around the big, bold letters.
    Your second card is so lovely and festive! You did a wonderful job building the winter scene, I love how you've popped up the fence to give some extra dimension.
    The "kiss" card is an awesome idea! You've done a great job creating the iris folded kiss, especially with no pattern, and I love the addition of the tag... it wouldn't be the same without one!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that saying with the rainbow! Those little rain drops must have been fun to try and get on there lol. THanks for sharing with us at Polkadoodles this week.

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your pretty, sparkly rainbow, what a great sentiment too, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorably cute snowman fence! Thank you for joining in our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love how you created the fence. Thanks for sharing with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us for future challenges.
    Kathy
    DD Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO pretty and fun, Kathy. Thank you for sharing this sweet and uplifting card in our challenge. It's always a treat seeing your wonderful creativity, and I do hope you'll join us again soon. Have a great week.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this snowman card. They are so happy! Thanks for sharing with us at CCAYR.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!