Thursday, January 30, 2020

Old & New Creations & Treasures

The Conie Fong Art & Design Group FB challenge this month allows both new and old creations with Conie’s wonderful images. I made a Birthday Card using the Butterfly Princess digi, plus am entering two of my favorite cards made with Conie Fong digis during 2019: Bella with Gift (originally posted HERE) and Snowy the Penguin (originally posted HERE. Check out the original posts to get details and see the inside of the Bella card. It is a beauty!) I used a boxed card as my base. It is from a set that I found at Goodwill last year. I love the variety of fronts, and I helped the inside sentiment to match the digi on the front my printing an extra butterfly. (I did just notice that I need to add the antennae to that little critter!) I am entering the Butterfly Princess card into several other challenges including the Outlawz Saturday Challenge (butterflies make me happy, and during this cold and windy flu season, butterflies mean Spring… which I’m already longing to see!) and the Butterfly Challenge (My card includes all three colors: Riffle Green/Raspberry/Rajah-light orange, and all three themes: Butterfly, Ribbon-tied into a bow, and Raised Up-foam tape beneath the bow and then oval that holds the cute digi. I added a photo so show this.) 
(Note- I’m only entering Bella and Snowy cards in the Conie Fong challenge as they have been previously posted on my blog so they wouldn’t qualify for any other challenges.)
  
Supplies: 
·    Card 1- Butterfly Princess digi- Connie Fong, digi can be found HERE
·    Card base is from a box  of Birthday card rescued from our local Goodwill
·    Card 2- Bella with Gift digi-Connie Fong, digi can be found HERE
·    Card 3- Snowy the Penguin digi-Connie Fong, digi can be found HERE
·    Front sentiment- Desert Diva Freebie  (Hello How Are You?)
·    All are colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·    Assorted background papers from my stash
Entered into:  
Conie Fong Art&Design Group- Jan Challenge-Anything Goes (Option- Happy Birthday)
Butterfly Challenge- #135 R for Rocker Card  
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge-Anything Goes                                 
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                       
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Things That Make You Happy      

My final entry into Di’s Digi Stamps current Challenge features one of Di’s sweet digis named “Three Chilly Polar Bears.” I wanted to make them really stand out, so they take center stage on a Bridge fold card. (I love that these cards are so easy to make yet are fun to send because I know that they are often displayed. Especially when I send them to my 96-year-old MIL. She loves sharing cards on the shelf outside of her room at the assisted living facility where she now lives… and those that stand by themselves are her favorite. So I am thinking she will love this one!)

Supplies: 
·    Digi- Di’s Digi (Three Chilly Polar Bears )
·    Sentiment- Imagine That Freebie Digi Set “Jenn & Friends” (No longer available)
·    Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·    Assorted background papers from my stash
·    Instructions for Bridge Fold card can be found HERE.
Entered into:  
Di’s Digi Stamps- Winter and/or Snow                                                  
Lemon Shortbread Challenge- Anything Goes #112
The Paper Shelter- #412 Digital Image
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #424-425 Anything Goes                   

One of my new years resolutions is to make a few Christmas cards a month in order to build a stash for this year's holidays. I’ve always loved this cute Azadi Earles image, which is one of the first stamps I ever bought. It was in the late 90’s so it is a wood-mount stamp. I’ve downsized my collection of these space taking wood mounts, but this one has survived my annual cuts, mainly because he was one of my mom’s favorites. She loved to color and loves cute critters, so this image won in both of those categories.
Supplies: 
·    Sheep Wood Mount Stamp- Azadi Earles (Company no longer in business)
·    Inside Sentiments- Computer Generated
·    White Liquid Applique on the hat- (Available from several places, if you check the web.)
·    Stamped on grey parchment cardstock- available from most office supply stores.
·    Assorted background papers from my stash
Entered into: 
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- Jan                                  
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday- Anything Goes

8 comments:

  1. Really sweet image and well done for getting 6 of the seven elements for the butterfly challenge. Thsnkyou for playing along this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just had to come back and say how much I like the bridge card with the cute bears and the oh so lovely lamb card using your old wooden stamp. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute cards, great card style, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, love those sweet polar bears...Thanks for joining us at Di’s Digi Challenge and using one of Di’s images :)
    Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic cards. Your snowman card is such a wonderful shape and awesome colouring. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Shelter challenge- Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your cards are wonderful. Thank you for entering Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Card Challenge. Myrna DT.
    Please also join us for our monthly Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge at http://craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute card, love the design! Thanks for playing with us at The Paper Shelter last challenge! Hug Lena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!