Friday, January 24, 2020

DT Creations

It’s Friday, so time for another challenge at QKR Stampede!  Stop by the challenge, which is always “Anything Goes” and several prizes are awarded. Maybe you’ll be inspired to enter a card or two yourself? My DT card features the Eureka scripture stamp named “1 Corinthians 13:13.” I added paper, sheer ribbon, the edging of a square doily and small silver charm to finish a lovely card. I’m entering this card into several challenges including two Outlawz Challenges: Twisted Thursday (the first embellishment I ever used, or one of the first, was a paper doily. I still love the delicate beauty they can add to a card)  and  Saturday Paper Ala Model (this card holds one of my favorite scriptures. It always reminds me of my wedding day over 42 years ago. At the time I didn’t think I could be any happier or love my hubby any more than I did that day.  I was wrong!)          
Supplies: 
·    Cow Image- Eureka Digital Stamp (1 Corinthians 13:13)
·    Patterned Heart paper- Hobby Lobby
·    5" Square French Lace Paper Doily (I used the edging)- purchased from an Etsy Shop.
·    Sheer ribbon along the cards edges and silver heart charm are from my stash.
Entered into:  
Cute As A Button-#52 Optional Twist- Baby Blue or Pretty Pink     
Jan’s Digi Stamps- Anything Goes- #6
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #422-423 Anything Goes                   
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday- Anything Goes [Optional TWIST–First Embellishment Ever Used)
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Things That Make You Happy      
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- Jan                                  
Art Impressions- #274 Shades of Pink                                                  

Friday also means that I get to share DT cards for the Colour Crazy Challenge. This challenge is also an “Anything Goes” but it adds a requirement- the creation needs to include coloring in “any colouring medium you like, onto any project you like, and in any colours you like.” I’ve never outgrown my love for coloring… which is why I so love making cards! Our sponsor this week is Dr Digi, and I had such a hard time picking from the digis that they provided that I picked two!
My first features a fun image named Dunderton Decorators Ltd with a creative background (or should I say backdrop?!) made from upcycled wrapping paper.  The sentiments are computer-generated. The second features a lovable pair from a digi named Salon Deirdery. This card is for my stylist who has a great sense of humor and is sure to love it. The front sentiment is from my scrapbook stash and the inside sentiment is die-cut upcycled from an old card. Both of the cards were colored with Spectrum Noir markers and a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen.
ONE ADDED NOTE: The Colour Crazy Challenge is looking to expand the Design Team and have a few positions available. We are a friendly and helpful team, challenges go live every Friday at 8am GMT and last for two weeks. We have four teams who post once every 4 weeks (although you can join in more often if you want!) and we have lots of wonderful and generous sponsors who allow us to use their images. We are looking for individuals who colour their own images, who have their own blog and a Facebook profile. If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, drop the challenge coordinator an email HERE. Closing date is 14 February.
 
Supplies: 
·    Digi- Dr Digi Dunderton Decorators Ltd)
·    Sentiments- Computer Generated
·    Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·    Assorted background papers and upcycled wrapping paper- From my stash
Entered into: 
Incy Wincy Designs- Anything Goes                                                      
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                       

Am entering this card into several challenges including The Sisterhood of Crafters (the sentiment is cut from a newly purchased sheet of Kaiser Craft scrapbook labels sheet from Hobby Lobby.)
  
Supplies: 
·    Digi- Dr. Digi (Salon Deirdery)
·    Front sentiment- Kaiser Craft scrapbook labels from Hobby Lobby (double-sided sheet , other side is patterned paper)
·    Inside sentiment-diecut upcycled from an old card
·    Assorted background papers- from my stash
·    Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
Entered into: 
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge-Besotted With Our Pets                   
The Sisterhood of Crafters- Newly Acquired Stash
A Perfect Time to Craft 2020-Anything Goes- Challenge #1

11 comments:

  1. Three great card, I love the words in the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy all your cards are gorgeous. I love them all. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your cards are wonderful! Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

    Joy DT



    Joyfully Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Kathy :-) all of them are fabulous!! I love the painter, how fun is he!! and the lady in the hairdressing salon with her pooch is hilarious!! haha, these really made me smile :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great work! Must say I love your painting man best though. So glad you joined us at Incy Wincy, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGosh, the doggie (looks like a Min Schnauzer to me) under the dryer with the unappreciative lady sitting next to it is absolutely delightful! Thanks for brightening my day and sharing it with the Sisterhood of Crafters "newly acquired stash" this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun cards Kathy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely Kathy. Thank you so much for joining us at Cute as a Button Challenge and best of luck with your entry. Wendy Batchen DT for https://cuteasabuttonchallenge.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous cards as always.

    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge.

    Happy crafting!

    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are 3 wonderful cards here, Kathy. I couldn't pick a favorite if I wanted to! Thanks for joining us this time at JDS Challenges. Julie, DT member.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Some more lovely cards. I really like the second one. It's a great masculine card. Thank you for joining in the Anything Goes Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!