Sunday, January 26, 2020

Cats, Kisses & and a Cute Dress

I haven’t entered anything into the Art Impressions challenge for a while because I wanted to get a new AI stamp set before I did that. After getting this fun stamp set named, appropriately, Crazy Cat Lady, I got busy and made a few cards. Here is the first! Since the requirement was to use several shades of pink, I made a fun valentine’s card. The images and inside sentiment are all three from the AI set. I love creating cards that make people (including me) laugh. So… this card makes me happy!
 
 
Supplies: 
·    Front Sentiment “Happy Valentine’s Day”- Hero Arts (retired)
·    Clear stamp set and inside sentiment- Art Impressions (Crazy Cat Lady)
·    Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·    Assorted background papers from my stash
·    Sparkly Heart Stickers- Hobby Lobby
Entered into:  
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge-Besotted With Our Pets                   
Art Impressions- #274 Shades of Pink                                                  
Cute As A Button-#52 Optional Twist- Baby Blue or Pretty Pink     
The Sisterhood of Crafters- Newly Acquired Stash
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Things That Make You Happy      
Jan’s Digi Stamps- Anything Goes- #6
Polkadoodles Challenge-Week 4 Anything Goes                                    

I was excited to see that Scribbles Designs is celebrating its 7th birthday and thrilled that their challenge is to feature a penguin in our creations. I love penguins so have several stamps and digis and got busy with card making. Here is my first card using a sweet Scribbles digi named “Snow Kisses.” Am entering it into several other challenges including wecraftcards (my card features snowflakes, a penguin and snow), Outlawz Monday Challenge (the tri-fold card is one of my favorite folds as it is so easy and adds some fun- might I even say “suspense”?- to a card!), and Outlawz Crash Your Stash challenge (I’ve had this cloud stencil since 2001 but just rediscovered it when organizing my stash. I love how it makes such delicate clouds with chalks and a makeup sponge.)
  
 
Supplies: 
·    Penguin & Snowman Digi- Scribbles (Snow Kisses)
·    Front Circle Sentiment- Bird’s Cards Freebie (Warm Winter Wishes)
·    Flap Sentiment- Imagine That Giraffe and Butterflies digi set (sentiment What’s Up?)
·    Inside sentiment- Beccy's Place Digi Set (Seasonal Windows)
·    Clouds-chalks, makeup sponge and All Night Media Stamp Art Template- Pooh
·    Snowflake stickers- Sticko set from WalMart
·    Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen 
·    Cuttlebug A2 Embossing Folder and light blue vellum cut into small triangles to make “corners”
Entered into:  
Scribbles Designs Challenge- 7th Birthday- Penguin Surprise (SD)
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Fun Folds
Bugaboo Stamps- Photo Challenge                
Lemon Shortbread Challenge- Anything Goes #111
We Craft Cards Monday Challenge-January Challenge (pick three from the list)  
Outlawz Challenge- Crash Your Stash- Stencils                                     
The Paper Shelter- #411 Shades of Blue
Di’s Digi Stamps- Winter and/or Snow                                                  
A Perfect Time to Craft 2020-Anything Goes- Challenge #1

My final  card for this posting brings back memories of my childhood. My mom was a talented seamstress and often made clothes for her brood… especially the three girls who loved party dresses! I have many photos of holidays during the 60's with all three of us wearing matching dresses, often with pretty lace and ribbons. (That is one reason I used this fun patterned paper with a retro feel to it.) One Christmas, mom even made matching dresses for our Barbies. Best surprise EVER!
Supplies: 
·    Digi- Patties Creations-(Little Girl Dress)
·    Front  sentiment “So Cute” tag from a Lili of the Valley set (Everyday Sentiment Tags)
·    Inside sentiment- Beccy's Place digi set (Bonsai)
·    Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·    The background paper and ribbon from my stash
Entered into:  
Pattie's Creations Challenge- #166 Anything Goes
Bugaboo Stamp- Stella Says Sketch Challenge #802                             
Cute Card Thursday- Challenge #618 Green
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #490 (Optional twist- Flower Power)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- Jan                                  
Incy Wincy Designs- Anything Goes                                                      
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #422-423 Anything Goes                   
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays

15 comments:

  1. FAbulous cards Kathy!! Love the chalky clouds!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three great cards, love the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty! I love how you colored my image and it goes perfect with our current challenge “Anything Goes” at Patties Creations Design Challenge. Thanks for joining us…
    Pattie
    Artist and Owner
    PS I am looking for a few new Design Team Members!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous image love the card design. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your creations are always fabulous Kathy!! Great job on all three of these! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards. I like the dress on the third card - and the great memories that you shared. Thank you for joining in the Anything Goes Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous selection Kathy, you have been busy. Thanks for sharing with us at Incy Wincy, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  8. ALL are fabulous and beautiful designs...the 'crazy' cat lady made me laugh (looks like my house lol)...thank you for joining our challenge at The sisterhood!
    Diane TSH DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of the sketch. I love the floral paper you used for this card and who doesn´t like a pretty dress with a ribbon?
    Thank you for sharing your talent with us at CRAFTY CATZ this week. Best of luck with your entry.
    Nick

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cards are so amazing, as always!
    Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. All of your cards are beautiful! I looove the crazy cat lady!! So darn cute. Wonderful work!
    Thanks for sharing with us at Cute As A Button!
    ~ DT Saphron

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really great cards, I love how you have them decorated inside and out!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun card. Thank you for joining us for our Week 4 'Anything Goes' Challenge at Polkadoodles.

    Why not join our other other challenges at Digi Choosday and A Gem of a Challenge.

    Hugs Lisa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kathy, you are one of our January winners at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge. Please contact me and let me know which 2 images you would like from my store.
    Hugs
    Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, back again with another DT hat on!
    I love the window you created on the front of your penguin card. It frames the image so well and I also like how you decorated the inside. So cool idea.
    Thank you so much for playing along with as at SCRIBBLES DESIGN. Best of luck with your entry! Nick DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!