Friday, January 17, 2020

Sweet Friends

It’s Friday, so time for another challenge at QKR Stampede!  Stop by the challenge, which is always “Anything Goes” and several prizes are awarded. Maybe you’ll be inspired to enter a card or two yourself? My DT card features the Eureka digi stamp (Checkered Cow) and QKR digi Sentiment (Mooove Me). Coloring the sweet image only required a few markers. I embellished the inside sentiment with a sweet little puffy heart to mimic the cute little heart tattoo on the bovines butt! My final touch was to add googly eyes, which creates a very perplexed look on that sweet face! I am entering this card into several challenges including Bugaboo’s 10th Annual Down on the Farm Wednesday Challenge – Make us Laugh (the look on the cows face and the inside sentiment both make me chuckle!)
Supplies: 
·    Cow Image- Eureka Digital Stamp (Checkered Cow)
·    Inside sentiment- QKR Digital Stamp  (Mooove Me)
·    Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·    Assorted background papers and googly eyes- From my stash
·    Puffy Heart Sticker- Sticko brand (found at Walmart. The pack of 113 assorted puffy hearts is just 99 cents!)
Entered into:  
Bugaboo 1oth  Annual Down on the Farm Wednesday Challenge here Make Us Laugh 
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #422-423 Anything Goes                   
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday- Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- Jan                                  
Jan’s Digi Stamps- Anything Goes- #5

Friday also means that I get to share DT cards for the Colour Crazy Challenge. This challenge is also an “Anything Goes” but it adds a requirement- the creation needs to include coloring in “any colouring medium you like, onto any project you like, and in any colours you like.” I’ve never outgrown my love for coloring… which is why I so love making cards! Our sponsor this week is Knitty Kitty and I selected a digi named “Décor Kitties.” I colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers and a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen. The paint-spattered background is made with upcycled gift wrap. I created the sentiment on the inside with my Word program.  I’m entering this card into several challenges including Cute Card Thursday’s Challenge, What’s New? (the image makes me remember how much I loved the look of a freshly painted and papered room.)
ONE ADDED NOTE: The Colour Crazy Challenge is looking to expand the Design Team and have a few positions available. We are a friendly and helpful team, challenges go live every Friday at 8am GMT and last for two weeks. We have four teams who post once every 4 weeks (although you can join in more often if you want!) and we have lots of wonderful and generous sponsors who allow us to use their images. We are looking for individuals who colour their own images, who have their own blog and a Facebook profile. If this sounds like something you'd be interested in, drop the challenge coordinator an email HERE. Closing date is 14 February.
 
Supplies: 
·    Digi Image scene- Knitty Kitties (Decor Kitties)
·    Inside sentiment- Computer Generated 
·    Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·    Paint splotch background- wrapping paper that I’ve had for a few decades!
·    Trifold Card base with oval window- from my stash. 
Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                       
Cute Card Thursday- Challenge #617 What’s New
2craftycrittercrazies Challenge- Jan 2020 #33                                      
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- #121 5th  Anniversary Celebration

My final card this sweet image from Bugaboo named Sweet Angel. The card layout was inspired by the current Bugaboo’s Stella Says Sketch Challenge. I added some sparkle to the card with a Nuvo Glitter Gloss Pen on the Angels gown and wings, plus the flower stickers also sparkle nicely. I’m also entering it into several other challenges including Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge (Blue, peach and brown plus my winged Angel), The Paper Shelter (the digi is named Sweet Angel) and Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday- (I don’t know if small stickers were the first embellishments that I ever used, but I know that I have grown to use them often on my cards to add sparkle, texture or just a little something extra.)
 
 
Supplies: 
·    Angel digi- Bugaboo (Sweet Angel)
·    Front Sentiment- A freebie from mudmaven (Wishing you…)
·    Inside sentiment-A freebie from  DecossesDynamiteDoodles (Birthday Blessings)
·    Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·    Assorted background papers- From my stash
·    Sparkly flower stickers- Hobby Lobby
·    Nuvo Glitter Gloss Pen 
Entered into:  Bugaboo- Sweet Angel
Bugaboo Stamp- Stella Says Sketch Challenge #801                             
The Paper Shelter- #410 Something Sweet
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color- Blue +2 (optional- add something with wings) 
Polkadoodles Challenge-Week #2 Anything Goes                                  
Incy Wincy Designs- Anything Goes                                                      


10 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy your cards are gorgeous. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy very pretty and adorable cards....love the cow one lol...hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  3. You already know how much I love that crazy checkered cow, Kathy, and I left you a comment over at the Outlawz about the paint spattered kitties, but now I'm here wearing 2 different DT hats. I really want to thank you for joining in our challenges at Jan's Digi Stamps and at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies. We appreciate the support. I'm also wishing you good luck in both of the draws. :-D
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cards are so gorgeous, you are so creative!
    Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. All great cards! I especially like the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two great cards! The checkered cow puts a smile on my face. Loving the angel sketch card, so pretty! Thanks for joining in with us to celebrate Bugaboo's 10th Birthday!!! Best of luck in the prize drawing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful cards! They are so much fun! Thanks for joining us and good luck with with your entry!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome work here! Thank you for sharing in our challenge at Classic Design Challenge we really appreciate you joining in.

    Jackie DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. ALL of these are wonderful! I love the little kitties and the peek a boo card - and thanks for joining us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies with that too. LOVE the cow! Too cute.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!