Tuesday, January 21, 2020

A Trio of Cards

I love this sweet image from The Paper Shelter, especially because we have below zero temps here in Wisconsin this AM… so the idea of having a cool drink on a warm beach sounds heavenly! I wanted the beach beauty to take center stage so didn’t fill in the background, just adding a few embellishments from my stash. (The fun flower sequins are actually from my mom’s craft stash which I inherited after she passed away in 2012. I also inherited my love of crafting from her. For the least 15 years of her life she was my favorite crafting partner especially after I attended a Stampin Up! Party in the late 90’s. Mom had instilled in me a love of coloring before I was in Kindergarten… and for that I will always be thankful! We spent many Sundays making cards- and happily coloring- at my kitchen table. I miss her so very much.)
AM entering this card into several other challenges including Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge (Blue + aqua/teal in the trees and peach in the sequin flowers and skin tones) and Outlawz Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Things That Make You Happy  (Memories of my mom always bless my heart) and Do-Al[l] Creative- 3 Of A Kind (there are three of the sequin flowers on the card front. ) 
 Supplies: 
·    Digi- The Paper Shelter (Coconut)
·    Front & Inside Sentiments- Scrapbook titles from my stash
·    Flower Sequins- from my sweet Mom’s stash
·    Assorted background papers- From my stash
·    Sequin Flower Centers- Buttercup Liquid Pearls
Entered into:  
The Paper Shelter- #410 Something Sweet
Jan’s Digi Stamps- Anything Goes- #6
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge- Blue +2 
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Things That Make You Happy      
Do-Al[l] Creative- # 37 - 3 Of A Kind

My next card is for one of my favorite challenges, the Butterfly Challenge where we learn new folds/techniques and can also win prizes!  The current challenge is Q for Quarto Fold. An excellent tutorial is provided for this simple fold, which helped the card go together very quickly.  Besides the fold, my card includes one of the colors (Queen Pink/Pale pink) The gorgeous digi is from Ching-Chou Kuik. The sentiments are both freebies from Decosses Dynamite Doodles (one of my favorite sites for freebies.) Am entering this card into several other challenges including the Outlawz Monday Challenge (Fun Folds), two Ching-Chou Kuik challenges (New Beginnings- the image is one I won a short time ago but hadn’t used.)
 
Supplies: 
·    Digi- Ching-Chou Kuik (Time Will Tell)
·    Front sentiment- A freebie from  Decosses Dynamite Doodles (Oh Happy Day)
·    Inside sentiment-A freebie from  Decosses Dynamite Doodles (Birthday Blessings)
·    Inside  sentiment-  We Are 3 Christmas Sentiment can be found HERE.
·    Assorted background papers- From my stash
Entered into:  
Butterfly Challenge- #134 Q for Quarto Fold?  
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Fun Folds
Ching-Chou Kuik's FB Challenge- [FB] New Year Or New Beginnings
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                       

I’d created this final card to enter into a “Crash Your Stash” challenge at Outlawz… but just realized that I missed that deadline. So… am entering it into several other challenges including Cute Card Thursday What’s New Challenge (all of the items on the card are new, including the digi set from Imagine That. ) I found a sketch that I used for the puzzle pieces and the quote on the web (sources cited below.)
 
Supplies: 
·    Puzzle Pieces-I found a puzzle sketch that I used as my template on the web (Here)
·    Front Sentiment- From A Day In My Quotebook Blog-(Piece of the Puzzle)
·    Inside  Sentiment- Imagine That digi set (Sentimental Thoughts)
·    Background paper- From my stash
Entered into:  
Incy Wincy Designs- Anything Goes                                                      
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #422-423 Anything Goes      
Cute Card Thursday- Challenge #617 What’s New
A Perfect Time to Craft 2020-Anything Goes- Challenge #1

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, love your take on the fold and oh gosh what a gorgeous image you have used and coloured. Thankyou for coming and playing again this challenge. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great creations as always Kathy, love all the beautiful coloring! Thanks so much for playing with Something Sweet at THE PAPER SHELTER Challenge! Hugs:) Audrey DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful creation. Nice colouration of the image,too!

    Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

    PS: Please take a look at my special Challenge Theme: https://do-allkreatives.blogspot.com/2020/01/australian-challenge.html

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *List Manager* Challenges for Days

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful card, Kathy! Love the image you used - so beautiful!
    Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Do-Al(l) Kreatives and good luck. Hope you will join us next month again.

    Crafty greetings
    Alex

    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {Benefit challenge for Australia}
    *Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles {#01 – Car(s)}
    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#37 – Three of a kind}
    *DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge {#37 – ATG}
    Alex' Kreative Seite

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy,
    wonderful cards! I like all of them.
    Thanks for joining us at DAK with the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards, great designs! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, Love colors you pulled from the inspiration photo, Kathy! Putting on a DT hat - I want to thank you for playing in and supporting our Anything Goes challenge at Jan's Digi Stamps this fortnight. Good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!