Friday, January 17, 2020

Bugaboo Trio!

Today’s post is dedicated to Bugaboo’s 10th Annual Down on the Farm Challenge.
The first card is for the Sunday Sketch Challenge. I used a sweet Bugaboo image, vellum sentiment, and assorted items from my stash. I had fun using aged wood scrapbook paper for the three stripes in the sketch, plus framed the digi with scraps of the aged wood attempting to create the impression of a barn window. During my childhood, I loved going to my grandparent's farm and playing with the kitties that loved the barn. So… this card brings back fond memories of those long-ago times!
 
Supplies: 
·    Digi- Bugaboo (Girl Sitter with Cat)
·    Front Sentiment- a Vellum set for scrapbooking that I’ve had for at least a decade.
·    Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·    Background paper and silver brads- From my stash
Entered into:  
Bugaboo 10th Annual Down on the Farm Sunday Challenge Sketch (Photo)
Do-Al[l] Creative- # 37 - 3 Of A Kind
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #422-423 Anything Goes                   
Pattie's Creations Challenge- #166 Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- Jan                                  

The second card is for Monday's Anything But a Card Challenge. I made a bookmark with a strip cut from an upcycled calendar page. The cute digi is from Bugaboo. In the original digi, the pup hangs from a safety pin. I opted to flip the image, trim the pup from the pin, and have him hanging from a sky-bound balloon that was made with a scrap from a plastic document folder. These wonderful gems come in a pack of assorted colors and can be found in the office supply section of most stores. I really like using them on my cards because they're often cheaper than colored vellum and are more translucent.  You can write on them with a fine-line permanent marker (which I used to draw this balloon. Sometimes I trim the marker lines when cutting them out. This time I left the outline to help the balloon stand out. The plastic is easy to fussy cut with a nice, sharp pair of scissors.)
 
  
Supplies: 
·    Digi- Bugaboo (Hang In There Dog) Available now for just 1$
·    Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·    Upcycled calendar page, scraps of plastic and burlap ribbon- From my stash
Entered into:  
Bugaboo 10th Annual Down on the Farm Monday Challenge Anything But A Card (Photo)
Lemon Shortbread Challenge- Anything Goes #111
A Perfect Time to Craft 2020-Anything Goes- Challenge #1

The third card is for the Thursday Color Challenge. I made a bookmark with a strip cut from a wonderful print of a Wisconsin farm upcycled from a scenic calendar page. My card includes all of the colors in the challenge photo. I'm entering this card into several other challenges including the Outlawz Color Challenge as it includes several shades of blue, plus rich shades of golden yellow and reddish-brown) and Path of Positivity Challenge (one of my character traits is that I'm a major animal/critter lover. I inherited it from my mom who had a soft heart when any of her six children brought home strays. So we always had a few "normal" pets- dogs, cats, fish or parakeets. We also had some unusual ones that we found in the fields and stream near our home -a turtle, several salamanders, and even a few chipmunks! I married a dog lover, and during our 42 years of marriage, we've raised- and dearly loved- several fur babies.) 
 
 
Supplies: 
·    Digi- Bugaboo (Kidz Bella Toy Kitty)
·    Front sentiment- Freebie from Handmade by Paula found HERE.
·    Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·    Upcycled calendar page, kraft photo corners and vellum- From my stash
Entered into:  
Bugaboo 10th Annual Down on the Farm Thursday Color Challenge  (Photo)
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge- Blue +2  (Photo)
Cute Card Thursday- Challenge #617 What’s New

10 comments:

  1. this is nice - like the cute image

    Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *List Manager* Challenges for Days

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy your cards are stunning. I do love those images you have used. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh My Goodness - so sorry I had to delete my previous comments, Kathy - I added the wrong info at the end!
    All of your projects are amazing, Kathy, but I'm commenting on the third card which is simply adorable! I love the farm land background and more so because it is upcycled! The Bugaboo image is so sweet, the way the little girl is clutching the cat makes me smile! Thank you for sharing your critter loving character trait - that's another one of mine, too!
    Thank you for sharing your lovely project at the Path of Positivity Challenge Blog. We really appreciate you supporting our challenges! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole, thanks for your kind words... and I smiled when I saw your oopses! I do that so often... and often more than once like you did. So no problem. And thanks for letting me know that I'm not alone!

      Delete
  6. Great card.
    Thanks for joining us at the DAK Challenge.
    Greetings Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card. I absolutely love the wooden frame!
    Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Do-Al(l) Kreatives and good luck. Hope you will join us next month again.

    Crafty greetings
    Alex

    *Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles {#01 – Car(s)}
    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives {#37 – Three of a kind}
    *DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge {#37 – ATG}
    Alex' Kreative Seite

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww...what a sweet image! I haven't seen this one before...and I love Bugaboo! Love how you have created this card. Thanks for sharing with us this challenge, over at Patties Creations (Vic, DT). X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great creations!! Thank-you so much for participating in our LEMON SHORTBREAD challenge. Hope to see your beautiful creations in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!! Sorry so late for commenting, but life has been a bit tough lately. I want to take a moment today to tell you that you are an awesome artist! Happy International Women’s Day!.
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!