Thursday, June 8, 2017

June 8- (Thursday)
Entering this card in several challenges. One focuses on travel, three on masculine cards and one on birthdays. I layered this little guys helmet with an acetate circle to add a bit of fun. The inside sentiment reads “Hope your birthday is out of this world!“  The free digi is from http://freedeariedollsdigistamps.blogspot.com  
Entered into:
Crafters Café Challenge Blog Challenge-#174 Travel          
      (crafterscafeblogchallenge.blogspot.com.au)
Cute Card Thursday Challenge-#481- Boys & Men
    (cutecardthursday.blogspot.com) 
Simon Says Monday Challenge- Masculine  
     (simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge)
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Masculine  
     (simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge)
AAA Cards Challenge- Happy Birthday               
     (aaacards.blogspot.com/)

Made this card with one of the first stamps I ever bought. Used black pigment ink and embossing powder for the butterfly. After heat embossing, I lightly sponged yellow and orange die ink inside of the wings. The final touch was to sponge the entire butterfly with clear embossing ink, pour on the iridescent sparkle EP, shake off excess, heat and smile!
Since a butterfly is sometimes used to show new life, the card is really very appropriate for a sympathy card. And, I have a feeling that heaven will be full of butterflies in all colors of the rainbow!
Entered into:
Poppy Power Challenge-Bug Me
    (powerpoppy.blogspot.com)

6 comments:

  1. I'm beginning to feel really at home here! So again I'm saying thanks for joining in with AAA Cards 3rd birthday celebrations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jane. I've had some time off from my job and have been a happy camper in my craft room. Plus, even when I am working, most nights I make time to create a few cards as part of a self-imposed "stress reduction program."

      Delete
  2. Fun and fab cards! Great ideas and colours and thanks again for joining us at AAA Cards this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great card, I love this...it's just so much fun and so cute! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful take on our optional travel theme. Thank you for entering your wonderful creation at The Crafter's Cafe this fortnight for our "Anything Goes optional twist Transport" challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I went by to say hello, since I've been disconnected from everything for a long time. As always I love your work. That I still think that they are not chapucillas, but great works. A kiss.
    หนังออนไลน์

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!