Monday, June 19, 2017

June 19 (Monday)

Summer makes me think of the beach… and tubing… and the sun. This card wraps all those things into one fun little package! Note- The digi is from http://freedeariedollsdigistamps.blogspot.com  
Entered into:
Simon Says Monday Challenge- Vacation                      
       (simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge)
Send a Smile for Kids- For the Boys                             
  (sendasmile4kidschallenge.blogspot.com)
Artistic Inspirations Challenge-Anything Goes                           
        (artisticinspirationschallenges.blogspot.com.au)

I really like the AAA Cards blog and challenges. The current one is really a challenge for me, mainly because I don’t like to get my hands dirty when I stamp. And… well, making ink resist cards usually requires sponging, which is always a messy task, at least for ME!
So, for this card, I decided to skip the sponging and instead used my brayer and rainbow pad (two tools I have that are gathering dust). Stamped and embossed a starburst image with sparkly clear powder onto glossy cardstock, brayered several coats of the rainbow ink over the image and liked the subtle image that appeared. Added the sentiment and then some pink rhinestones to up the bling factor. (Note- Sentiment is from http://paulaposts.blogspot.com/2013/02/vcmp-challenge-5-free-digi-sentiment.html)
Entered into:
AAA Card Challenges –Resist Technique  
         (aaacards.blogspot.com/)
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Embossing 
          (simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge)


6 comments:

  1. And it turned out totally fabulous! Bet you still got ink on your hands though. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you did a fabulous job, personally I wear my inky finger with pride for the day ;-) Thank you for playing with us at AAA cards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love both your fabulous cards
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your colours are wonderful and vibrant and I love the sparkle. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card. Love those cheerful colors. Thank you for playing with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute and funny! Love the big sentiment. Thank you for joining Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!