Sunday, June 11, 2017

June 11- (Sunday)
Another card for the challenge at Art Impressions stamps that required a distressed card/item. Once again, I used the Hollis front-and-back stamps, plus a piece of brick patterned paper, some sponging to distress the card, and give a bit of realism to the broken brick opening. Not sure how many of these cards I’ll make, mainly because I can get a little obsessive about lining up things like broken bricks so this took quite a bit of time to make. Plus, I only have one sheet of this brick paper. But… was fun to come up with this card!  Also entered this into a few masculine and patterned paper themed challenges.
 
Entered into:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Masculine   
     (simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge)
Cute Card Thursday Challenge-#481- Boys & Men
    (cutecardthursday.blogspot.com) 
Art Impressions Challenge-Distress            
    (http://artimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com/)
CAS-ual Fridays Challenge-Patterned Background Paper    
     (cas-ualfridays.blogspot.com)   
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge-         

After so much time making masculine cards, I felt the need to develop at least one card that had a feminine theme!
Used a free digi image from beccysplace and entered the pretty floral image into three challenges.   
Entered into:
Beccy’s Place June Challenge     
     (beccysplace.blogspot.com)
Artistic Inspirations Challenge- Flowers
     (artisticinspirationschallenges.blogspot.com.au)
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes  
    (wordartwednesday.blogspot.com)


10 comments:

  1. These are fabulous Kathy, great job!
    Your first card gave me quite a chuckle... I think my brother would love something like this. I really love how you've removed some of the "bricks" from the patterned paper to place the image, what a great idea.
    You've done a brilliant job colouring the blossoms on your second card, they look almost like parchment craft and remind me of porcelain. I really like the embossed background and the three different sections that form the arch. Beautiful work.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card! I love the patterned paper you also used inside the card. What a surprise to open it up (so glad you included a photo of that) and see the other side. Such a great card!! Thanks for playing along with everyone at Casual Fridays Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehe, this is totally awesome! Love Hollis, I have to add him to my wish list! Love the brick background! Thanks so much for joining us at the Ai challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! What a fabulous card!! Love this!! Such a fun design! And your second one is so pretty!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha, oh my, how FUN is this??!! Love it! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really love that brick wall that is too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely love it! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are SO creative, Kathy. I never even attempt the masculine cards (I'm just not good at them). Thanks for sharing your wonderful art in our challenge. I truly hope that you will join us again soon.
    Have a blessed week,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com - my blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. This really made me smile, a fab card. Thank you for sharing it with us at CHNPPC.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!