Sunday, June 18, 2017

June 10- (Saturday)

This week, Cute Card Thursday’s Challenge called for a card that was primarily pink and Deep Ocean’s Challenge required the use of die cuts, chipboard or punches. I’m putting together packets of year-round holiday cards for gifts and used this chance to make a simple Valentine’s Day card.  
Entered into:
Cute Card Thursday Challenge-#482 Pink 
   (cutecardthursday.blogspot.com) 
Deep Ocean Challenge- #157
   (deepoceanchallengeblog.blogspot.com.au)

This months, Christmas Cards All Year Round’s Challenge called for a card that featured a house or cottage. I don’t have many house or cottage stamps, but while searching found a stamped image I’ve had in my stash for years. Not even sure who made it (possibly Stampendous) but it is a nice bold image, embossed in black. With some light coloring and a torn edge I mounted the image on a frosty cool blue background. Finished with a bit of liquid applique to add snowy depth on trees and roof plus a glitter applied with a Tomboy glue pen, this card has a warm “come home for Christmas” feeling.  
Also entering it into Simon Says Wednesday Challenge which features embossing, and Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge.
Entered into:
Christmas Cards All Year Round- House or Cottage   
     (christmascardsallyearround.blogspot.co.uk)
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Emboss It  
     (simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge
    (craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk)

My final card today is being entered into CAS-ual Fridays Challenge, which calls for a color scheme that includes Coral, Aqua & Grey. I don’t usually use coral and aqua, so dug into my paper stash to see if I had anything that would work. Found this Victorian looking petite rose patterned paper that has a peachy-coral tone. Then, seeking inspiration, I started digging through my stamps. Landed upon this vintage looking image that I’ve had for a while and have never used. Still needing something aqua, I turned to my ribbon stash, and found a bit of bluish-aqua satin ribbon. Was fun to then color the image. The delicate little frock became the grey in my color scheme, shaded with a few Tombow markers.  Also used markers to color the ribbon in the image to match the satin ribbon. So fun! Decided to add some antique lace from my Mom’s craft stash (which I inherited from her 4 years ago and use sparingly!) and a tiny paper flower on the bow to finish the card.  
Also entering it into Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge and Artistic Inspirations Challenge-Anything Goes.
Entered into:
CAS-ual Fridays Challenge-Color (Coral, Aqua & Grey)   
     (cas-ualfridays.blogspot.com)   
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge    
    (craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com)
Artistic Inspirations Challenge-Anything Goes
    (artisticinspirationschallenges.blogspot.com.au)

7 comments:

  1. Great cards! Thank you for sharing at Artistic Inspirations. Vicki= DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a wonderful scene, Kathy, and I love your touches of sparkle! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy, fabulous cards!
    Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kathy: I stumbled onto the CASual Friday challenge just now through another lady who's blog I follow and I saw your gorgeous card with the vintage looking dress on the gallery, you colored it so beautifully.
    I have this stamp too but I don't know what company made it and I was wondering if you do and if you could possibly tell me. This stamp came in a grab bag I bought on Ebay maybe a couple of years ago, it was unmounted and with no name. I contacted the seller but she couldn't tell me either.
    Anyway, all three of this cards are totally different from one another but beautiful and unique.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maria, Thanks for your kind words. I still have a few stamps on wood mount and this is one of them! So can provide you with that info- Impression Obsessions, Inc. E6402 Feminine Form. I goggled that info and found images of a three other cards made with this stamp. All are very pretty! (And I'm keeping them for future reference, too!) Happy stamping!

      Delete
  5. Great card - thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge and we hope you will join us again next month.

    Helen x
    (DT Member)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely cards! Thanks so much for playing along with our colour challenge at CAS-ual Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!