Friday, October 9, 2020

Whimsy Stamps WCD Challenge

I spent the afternoon in my craft room today making two more cards to enter into the Whimsy Stamps World Cardmaking Day Challenge.  The Whimsy DTs were asked to choose their favorite Whimsy project and the challenge is to choose one of their projects to use it to inspire a card- theme, colors, layer, etc. My inspiration was this cute gnome card made by DT Michelle. I used an adorable Whimsy Digi named Light Me Up. I didn’t have any banner paper to match the inspiration card but was excited to find this fun Christmas lights background paper that is a freebie! Markers, chalks and sentiments from my stash and computer-generated helped me to finish off this fun card.
Inspiration Photo
Supplies: 
·   Digi and Sentiment- Whimsy Digital stamp set (Light Me Up2)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Decorative Chalks and small circle stencil- Paste  reflections from light bulbs
·   Front Sentiments- Journaling tags from my scrapbook stash
·   Inside Sentiment- Computer Generated
·   Assorted background papers from my stash

·   Christmas lights background paper is a freebie that can be found HERE (Note- you do have to sign up for a newsletter to access freebies, tutorials and more!)  

Entered into: 
Whimsy Stamps- World Cardmaking Day “Inspired By” Challenge
Polkadoodles Challenge-Week #41Anything Goes                        
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #460-461 Anything Goes                   
Lemon Shortbread Challenge- Anything Goes #130
CCC Digi Creations- #119 Anything Goes
Spectrum Noir Community Group (FB)- Oct- Winter is Coming  
Let’s Craft and Create- Ch #164-Anything Goes
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays 
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

My inspiration for my final card was an adorable Christmas card made by DT Iris. When looking through my Whimsy stamps and digis, I decided that the beautiful Shelley and her turtle friend would look great framed with a square of wavy ocean. After printing the sweet digi, I sketched a square around it. Then cut a square of that size from an A2 sized piece of ocean patterned paper and laid it atop the digi. Using a light pencil stroke, I sketched the wavy pattern around Shelley and her little friend then filled it in with Aquarelle watercolor pencils. (You can see this in one of the pics.) Then I got busy with my Spectrum Noir markers and a white gel pen to bring the digis to life! When finished, I adhered the finished card front to the A2 sized piece of ocean patterned paper, then onto a piece of shimmery white stationary than looks a bit like the inside of a seashell (you can see those details in one of the pics), then onto an aqua colored A7 card front.  Whew... I went overboard on the layers this time!  The final touch was to add some bling with tiny pearls (the little Turtle is holding one "on the half shell" and Shelley has several adorning her hair), Stickles, and micro-mini stars from a shaker card mix package that I picked up from Simon Says Stamps after winning a challenge several months ago. (I added a photo that shows all this bling. Was fun to dig into this package of NBUS* for the first time!) *Never Before Used Schtuff  
I’m entering this card into several challenges including NBUS, and Incy Wincy Designs (Little Mermaid is one of my favorite Fairytales!)  
My Inspiration
Supplies: 
·   Digi and Sentiment- Whimsy Digital stamp set (Shelley)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens
·   Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils- Ocean Waves drawn and colored in around Shelley
·   Front Sentiment/diecut- Cottage Cutz Butterfly Hello
·   Inside Sentiment- Computer Generated
·   Ocean patterned paper- Hobby Lobby
·   Stickles- Star Dust (adding magic to the mermaid scales and bubbles)
·   Assorted cardstock, shimmery stationery, tiny pearl and star embellies from my stash
Entered into: 
Whimsy Stamps- World Cardmaking Day “Inspired By” Challenge
Incy Wincy Designs- Magic/Fairytales
Cute Card Thursday- Challenge #655 Dies & Punches
NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff!)-  Challenge #19  
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- #143 Anything Goes

10 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy all your cards are stunning. I love them all. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards! Thanks for linking up to the Whimsy Stamps' World Cardmaking Day challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards !Thanks for playing our challenge at CCC Digi Creations. Stay safe and Good luck!
    Anneke DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your beautiful cards, Kathy! I especially love the adorable little penguin image. Thanks for playing along with us on the Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog. Hope to see you again.
    Hugs,
    Lori (DT for Lemon Shortbread)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both fabulous cards and love the gorgeous mermaid and cute penguin both beautifully coloured and love the strings of lights P.paper
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Two really cutie-pie creations, Kathy! Both the penguin and the little mermaid are showcased and colored perfectly! Thank you for sharing with everyone at NBUS! Be safe! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a darling card you created with the penguin hanging on for dear life to those Christmas lights! Thanks for entering your card in Polkadoodles Week #41 ATGC
    Sybil DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are so pretty! Fabulous cards! Thanks for sharing with us at Let's Craft and Create.
    Janis, Design Team Member

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful cards! Thanks so much for playing along in the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!