Saturday, October 31, 2020

Annual FUN!

Since I started blogging in 2017 I’ve participated in a wonderful annual event at Beccy’s Place named the Month of Holiday Cards Challenge. Beccy is one of the most generous challenge sponsors that I know… and if you’ve never joined in the fun, you are missing the opportunity to win some amazing prizes. The 8th annual Challenge goes on all month, with drawings for daily challenges, posting comments, and even random entry numbers!  Stop on in HERE!
Most of the challenges follow an A-Z theme… with a few other topics thrown in to cover all 31 days of November. My entry for Day 1 (the letter “A”) features a cute little APRON shaped card that includes a sweet Christmas digi image and sentiment from one of Beccy’s new sets named “Home for the Holidays.” Scraps of patterned paper, ribbon and a paper doily helped bring the festive apron to life!
 
Supplies: 
·   Digi and Sentiment- from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Home for the Holidays)
·   Apron Template found HERE
·   Scraps of patterned paper, ribbon and a paper doily from my stash
Entered into: 
Beccy’s Place- 8th Annual Month of Holiday Cards Challenge    
Lemon Shortbread Challenge- Anything Goes #131 
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes
Polkadoodles Challenge-Week #43 Anything Goes                      
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- #514 Anything Goes
 
Another annual challenge I discovered after I started blogging is the Cat Lover’s Hop, which is celebrating its 6th year of fun and prizes! The host, Janis from Her Peaceful Garden Blogspot, recruits sponsors (42 this year!) that offer some great prizes. The challenge runs for one week and the focus is on CATS! It ends tonight and a super busy week didn’t allow any stamping time so I feared I wouldn’t get to play along. However, I spent all day happily creating and was thrilled to finish five cards. So… I’ll be sharing them in a few posts tonight before midnight. Here goes!
The first card features a cozy little digi from Knitty Kitty Digis named, appropriately, “Knitted Kitty” (which is available for just $1!) I did a bit of paper piecing to create the holiday print sweater, which looks thick and warm when shaded with my Spectrum Noir markers.  The front sentiment, which is a perfect fit for the digi, is from a new Christmas digi image from Beccy’s Place, and the inside sentiment is a freebie that I found on the simplycardsmag website which offers hundreds of free digis, sentiments, templates, and more! And anything you download is saved on the website for later access. Easy Peasy!
 
Supplies: 
·   Knitty Kitty Digis (Knitted Kitty)
·   Front Sentiment-“Have a Warm and Cozy Holiday” from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set  (Jolly Holiday)
·   Inside Sentiment- a Freebie from simplycardsmag website
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Sparkly Poinsettia Stickers and Santa Hat Sticker- Hobby Lobby
Entered into: 
Peaceful Garden Blogspot- 2020 Cat Lovers Hop
Jan’s Digi Stamps- October 2020 Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #462-463 Anything Goes                   
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #525 (Optional twist- Winter) 
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                
 
The second card for the 2020 Cat Lovers Hop features a beautiful image from Moonflower Digi Stamps named “Lilly the Cat Fairy.” I used a gate-fold card for my base (a super easy to make option that adds a little pizzazz) and the current “Stella’s Sketch” at Bugaboo for my card layout. Shades of blue provided a nice background for Lilly’s beautiful glossy black tresses, and several touches of sparkle add some magic to the fairy and her lovely feline.
I’m entering this card into several other challenges including Bugaboo Stamps Recipe Challenge- Use a Technique  (using creative folds on my cards is one of my favorite techniques), and Outlawz Color Challenge (Shades of Blue.)

Supplies: 
·   Digi- Moonflower Digi Stamps (Lilly the Cat Fairy)
·   Front Sentiment “Happy Purr-thday” from an Imagine That digi set (Kitty Lapping Milk)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Assorted cardstock, patterned papers, tulle with glitter, and blue brads from my stash
·   Stickles- Star Dust (to add bling to her sleeves, bodice, and wings!)
Entered into: 
Peaceful Garden Blogspot- 2020 Cat Lovers Hop
Bugaboo Stamp- Stella Says Sketch Challenge #817      
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- Songs and Rhymes- Have You Watched the Fairies
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge- Shades of Blue 
Cute Card Thursday- Challenge #658 Sparkles
Bugaboo Stamps- Recipe Challenge- Use a Technique    

28 comments:

  1. I like that you made an apron shaped card for the letter A. I have an Angel on my card which I need to get uploaded now that it is finished! As you said, we are going to have a lot of fun this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever card Kathy, I never would have thought to do A for apron... thanks for the inspiration! I love the way you've tucked those little gingerbread cookies into the pocket, they'd be handy during a long baking session!
    The cat in the sweater is just too funny, and I love the sentiment that goes along with it. He sure has a contented look on his face.
    Your fairy card is beautiful, you've done a wonderful job with the colouring. I really like the touches of white you add, it seems to lift the whole image. Beautiful!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Apron card, and the card with the girl holding the kitty! The cat in the sweater is fantastic! Love all of your cards! They are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy, Love the apron, but the cat is me...I love a BIG bulky, warm and fuzzy sweater. Thank you for sharing your great cards with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck and HAPPY Crafting!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh what beautiful colouring on your blue card, and all those lovely layers. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, that apron is gorgeous! The little kitty in the oversized sweater is so cute! Happy hopping with Cat Lovers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my very favorite makes of this hop! This is so stinkin' adorable in a really good way! lol And your kitty in his very cozy sweater is hysterical and it's a really darling card! All of your cards are - I wasn't able to comment on the three from pinterest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca, thanks for your comments, and for the note about not being able to comment on my Pinterest cards. It was acting up for me when I posted them last night so I'll go in and check to see if I checked the wrong box! I appreciate you coming back here so share the wonderful compliment! I'm honored!

      Delete
  8. I love how you've made the apron card using just the top part of the new Beccy's image. I just purchased this and it really is a wonderful idea. Your kitty in the sweater is hysterical and your fairy card is lovely. All three are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your apron! And those Cats cards are fab too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Kathy,
    Wow, way to kill several birds with one stone with that last card! Terrible phrase, I know. All of your cards are so unique and creative, and I love the gatefold on the last one too. Thanks for entering it into last week's sketch challenge, and this week's recipe challenge! :)

    ~Marie B -DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Visiting on my last round from the 2020 Cat Lovers Hop... You've been busy! I think I may have already commented on some of these on Instagram but I'll tell you again that they are all gorgeous! Love all the details on each one!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the gingerbread in the apron Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow, so creative, I like them all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute and such a fun design!! Thank you so much for joining the Polkadoodles Challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The coloring on the girl is fantastic! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kathy, your cards are always a pleasure to look at...
    Great idea for the first letter A on Apron...
    Fun card for the Cat Lover's Hop....
    Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty background on the girl and kitty card also!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kathy all of these cards are gorgeous. Take care and stay safe. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  19. FURRtastic makes and I love that apron card shape!
    Stay Safe!
    Leigh
    http://www.LeighSBDesigns.com
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/LeighSBDesigns
    https://LeighSBDesigns.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. The cat wrapped in that huge sweater is the best of all the cards, Kathy! Well done, my friend. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  21. Absolutely gorgeous cards! You are so very talented! I can't decide which one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great cards. Love the kitty in the sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Sorry to be late, I'm just finally getting round to commenting on the last few Cat Lovers Hop projects.
    Your kitty and cat fairy card is gorgeous.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I was having trouble commenting on Pinterest....somehow my computer didn't seem to be on speaking terms with that platform. One of my comments miiiiiight have worked...not sure. So I am glad to come over here to comment.

    I adore your sweet kitty cards, Kathy!! So glad you managed to slip under the wire and get them all linked up. I always love Annabel's images and I love the way you paper pieced the sweater and shaded it. Looks sooooo warm and toasty!!
    The fairy and her kitty birthday card is so fun and pretty. Some young girl (or young-at-heart girl) will totally love this one. Beautiful coloring on that sweet image!! I thought I detected some sparkle...yep, looked at your supplies...great touch.

    I am finally on the homestretch of visiting and commenting on all the awesome cat projects! I have had a lot of fun looking at everyone's work. Thank you so much for going cat crazy with us during the #2020CatLoversHop!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!