Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Three Seasons

It's time for another challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog where challenges are always Anything Goes and prizes are awarded from one or more sponsors.  Stop by the blog to check it out!

For this challenge, my DT card features a sweet image from Digi Doodle Studios named Lonnie’s In Love. I wanted to give the card a springtime feeling, so I upcycled a scenic calendar page that pictures a beautiful field of flowers for the background. Lonnie and his furry friend carry some of those lovely blooms across a tri-fold shutter card.  
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Digi Doodle Studios (Lonnie’s in Love)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Instructions for Tri-Fold Shutter Card HERE

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   Cardstock and background papers from my stash

·   Upcycled calendar page

Entered into:  
Digi Doodle Studios- FB Challenge- Anything Goes
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #522
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays 
Polkadoodles Challenge-Week #41Anything Goes

This card is my first entry into Double D’s current Challenge named “Wreaths.” When organizing my craft room I found this wonderful image that I’d stamped years ago in a box of partial cards. I made a few decades ago with an Embossing Arts wood-mount stamp. I colored the image with chalk and markers, then added drifts of Polar White Flower Soft mixed with ultrafine glitter.  A pair of pinecones, a few fussy-cut pine branches, ribbon, free and upcycled sentiments, and gold photo corners finish off the card.
Supplies: 

·   Stamped Image- Embossing Arts (Farm Scene) Company is no longer in business

·   Colored with Decorative chalks, Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment- Birdscards Freebie (Merry Christmas)

·   Inside Sentiment- upcycled from an old card

·   Assorted background papers from my stash

·   Polar white Flower Soft- from Katy Sue Designs mixed with ultrafine glitter from my stash

·   Gold photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 13 Sheets 13 Colors Photo Mounting Corners)

·   Pinecones- Stampin’ Up Retired stamp set (Ornamental Pine)

Entered into:  

Double D’s Challenge- Wreaths
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

Except for paper from my stash, this final card is made with free items- an upcycled calendar page (features weathered cornstalks, a common site where we live in Midwestern USA), freebie sentiments, and a cute little pilgrim hat.
I'm entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz Color Challenge (I used all three colors in various shades- light yellow-orange, deep red, and a lovely sage green with nary a pumpkin in sight!) 
 
Supplies: 

·   Front Sentiment- DDDoodles Freebie (available HERE)  

·   Inside Sentiment- WinkWinkInk Freebie (Give Thanks)

·   Inside image-  DDDoodles Freebie (Pilgrims Hat)

·   Assorted cardstock and patterned papers from my stash

·   Upcycled calendar page

·   Kraft photo corners available from several web sources (WXJ13 13 Sheets 13 Colors Photo Mounting Corners)

Entered into:  
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- Songs and Rhymes- The Colors of Fall
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #460-461 Anything Goes 
Outlawz ChallengesTuesday Color Challenge- Photo Challenge

11 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy your card are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. All great cards Kathy.
    Karin
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog.I love your fabulous tri-fold shutter card,beautifully coloured image and great verse.Love the wreath and great recycling on the last card too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three great cards...The wreath was a great find in your craft room. (since I've been trying to go through things in my craft room....I have found so many things that I had forgotten that I have. I have to shop my own craft room more often...smile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! You just made me guffaw! I know that I have things I haven't ever used just waiting to be uncovered! The problem is that when I try to clean I get distracted by the treasures that I find. And before I know it I'm busy playing again!

      Delete
  5. And yet again, your card designs are spectacular! I love the pretty background you've chosen for little Lonnie, and the gorgeous colours you've gone for to create such a happy Spring feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such an adorable card and love how you've upcycled a calendar page! perfect! Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles this week. Nelly DT x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wreath farm scene is beautiful!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such wonderful cards, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This farm scene holiday card is just awesome Kathy! Well done! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Wreath’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful wreath tor the DD Challenge. I love how you have used it as a frame for a scene. Thanks for sharing it with us at Double D Challenge Blog. We hope you will join us for future challenges.

    Kathy
    DD DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!