Wednesday, October 28, 2020

Life is an Adventure

It's time for another challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge Blog where challenges are always Anything Goes and prizes are awarded from one or more sponsors.  Stop by the blog to check it out!
For this challenge, my DT card features a sweet image from Bugaboo. I was an avid reader as a child and that love of books has followed me into my senior years! However, now  I prefer audiobooks so that I can make cards while I listen! I also love the truth of the freebie sentiment. Within the last week, I’ve been sleuthing in Wyoming, South Dakota, Maine, London, and Scotland. Exciting!

Supplies: 

·   Digi- Bugaboo Stamps (Bugaboo Kidz-Sitter Girl Book)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment- TLC Creations Freebie (Reading- A Discount Ticket to Anywhere)

·   Teal Edged Brown note card- A find at Goodwill!

·   Assorted background papers from my stash
Entered into:  
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- #144 Anything Goes
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #462-463 Anything Goes                   
CCC Digi Creations- #119 Anything Goes
Let’s Craft and Create- Ch #164-Anything Goes

This cute digi named “Agnes” is the freebie for the October Stampers Delights Progressive Challenge on FB. I’m still getting the hang of using png digis on png background papers… and was thrilled that this one worked! The starry background paper from Polkadoodles is part of a whole bundle of freebies that was released on the 4th of July.  I’m not sure how long it will be available, so you might want to grab it now. The link is in the supply list below.) I wanted to color Agnes so that it looked like she was reflecting moonlight… and I think I nailed it! A bit of haze added with a white ink pad and sponge plus swirls behind the broom drawn with a white gel pen adds a bit more interest to the background. The two freebie sentiments finish the card beautifully. 
 
Supplies:
·   Digi- Stampers Delights (Agnes)

·   Starry Background- Polkadoodles- Free digital download bundle (USA 4th July Celebration)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white & silver gel pens

·   Sentiment circle is a freebie from skogstokiga.blogspot.com (options change occasionally so may no longer be available)

·   Inside Sentiment- Decosses Dynamite Doodles Freebies (Ghoulish Halloween)

·   Assorted cardstock and vellum from my stash

Entered into: 
Incy Wincy Designs- Halloween or Autumn/Fall Colors
The Paper Shelter- #447 Halloween
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #524 (Optional twist- Hats) 
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                
Di’s Digi Stamps- Halloween or Harvest                                        
Dragonfly Dreams- October Spooky and/or Cute

This adorable digi named “Past Midnight” is the freebie for the October Cute As A Bug Progressive Challenge on FB. I wasn’t quite sure what type of card I was going to make until I saw the fairytale sentiments on my desk and decided to make another wedding card. I had fun digging into my stash of elegant, patterned papers and got to work. When finished, the final touch was to add a bit of bling to her glass slipper, ear lobes, and inside sentiment. Cheers to happily ever after! I'm entering my card into several other challenges including Simon Says Monday Challenge- Movie Inspired (the classic Cartoon- Cinderella, complete with the cute little mouse in her hair and glass slipper in her hand!)

Supplies: 
·   Digi- Cute As A Button (Past Midnight)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   We Are 3 Digital Sentiments (Dreams)
·   Cardstock, elegant background paper, clear rhinestones, and vellum from my stash
·   Red heart rhinestone stickers- JoAnnes
Entered into:  
Cute As A Button- OCTOBER: CH #61 Anything Goes
Simon Says Monday Challenge- Movie Inspired  
Jan’s Digi Stamps- October 2020 Anything Goes
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge- Shades of Blue  
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

16 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy this is a gorgeous card. I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cute image and beautifully coloured-great sentiment too
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've described me too! I love reading, and I'm completely hooked on audio books now, allowing me to craft while someone else reads to me. It's fantastic! Love what you've created, and love the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous image for our theme this week, love your choice of colours to. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. More great makes Kathy, and super colouring. Thanks for sharing with us at Incy Wincy, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards! Love the Bugaboo reading girl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, Enchanting card! Once in a while your dreams do come true! Lovely coloring. Thank you for sharing your magical card with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. Good Luck and HAPPY CRAFTING!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  8. All such stunning cards! I love the sentiment on the fairytale card!
    Thank you for sharing with us over at Cute As A Button and good luck with your entry! :) 
~ DT Saphron
    Lemon Biscuit

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved the image of the girl reading and so beautifully coloured and a great sentiment.
    Thank you for joining our challenge at
    Let's Craft and Create this week and good luck.. Ursula Uphof DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet collection of cards! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    JoyWilsonInk
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Owner and Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful cards, I love your colouring! Thank you for sharing at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. Hope to see you again!
    Merja DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. As per usual, superb cards.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge blog.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are beautiful cards Thanks for joining our challenge at Let's Craft and Create and happy crafting, Michelle DT x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful Halloween card thank you for joining us at TPS
    Christine DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun Halloween card. That image is a real cutie. Thank you for entering the Halloween and/or Autumn/Fall Colours Challenge at Incy Wincy Designs.

    ReplyDelete
  16. very gorgeous card. Thank for playing with us at Di's Digi challenge this week.
    Nathalie DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!