Sunday, October 18, 2020

For Special People!

I am honored to have served as a Guest Designer for Beccy Muir at Beccy’s Place and am now one of her “Contributors” (which means that she provides me with digis or clear stamp sets four times a year and I get to create cards or other items with them!) It is always fun to see the items she will invite me to use.  This time, the digi set, named Gingerbread Wishes, includes a yummy gingerbread house and related candies. I decided to make a fun gift for our 3-year-old grand-niece, Keneisha. I first made a coloring sheet by printing the Gingerbread house onto an 8.5 x 11-inch sheet of white cardstock. I attached magnet strips across the corners and along the edges, so after Keneisha colors the page, it can be attached to their refrigerator. Then comes the fun part! I printed the candies (colored version) and “snowy peaks” from the gingerbread house onto white paper, trimmed them all, and attached magnets to the back of each.  (To add a bit more texture, I cut an extra set of the snowy peaks from a white foam sheet and attached them to the white cardstock versions.)  The final touch was to add sparkly Stickles to the spice drops and “snowy peaks.”

It’s a little difficult to show the gingerbread house and goodies, so I took a few pics. I did make a “holder” for all the little pieces by attaching a strip of magnet to a piece of kraft cardstock. All the candies stick to it for easier transport, since it looks like I’ll be mailing this package to South Dakota due to COVID restrictions. I think that Keneisha will love playing with this set (and the set of markers and bag of spice drops that I’ll include in the package!)
Supplies: 

·   Gingerbread house and candy images- Beccy’s Place Digital Set (Gingerbread Wishes)

·   White cardstock and double stick magnet strips from my stash

·   Stickles- Star Dust (to bring the spice drops to life!)

Entered into:  

Christmas Crafts All Year Round- No tricks, just TREATS!
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- #144 Anything Goes
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

My second post features another fun set from  Beccy’s Place named “The Slow Lane.” One of my staff is a college student who has gone above and beyond my expectations during the last few months as we have taken our after-school programming to the web. I didn’t know that she was a wiz at working with social media, website development and more! But these skills have helped us to stay connected with our students when we cannot see them face-to-face. Last week I learned she loves turtles, so decided I just had to make her a card. And this fun “Peace Turtle” is sure to make her smile!
Supplies: 

·   Digi and inside sentiment- Beccy’s Place Digital Set (The Slow Lane)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Cardstock, patterned paper, and black photo corners from my stash

·   Sheer black dotted swiss ribbon- JoAnne’s
Entered into:  
     Since I’m a DT for Beccy’s Place (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun!
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #523 (Optional twist- None) 
     Since I’m a DT for Beccy’s Place (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun!

My final post for tonight is a set of fall stationery that I made to send to my MIL as a thinking of you gift. Sally is in assisted living and is struggling with the COVID regulations. We keep in touch by phone and mail… but I thought she’d like to have some special stationery on hand to keep in touch with friends and family. This set was so easy to make. I used an inexpensive pad of stationery and box of envelopes, plus two of my vintage wood mount stamps and an old Kaleidocolor ink pad. I’m entering this set into several challenges including Simon Says Wednesday (am hoping it’s okay that my entry is a set of 10 sheets of stationery and envelopes vs. one card and matching envelope) and Stamping Sensations (I used wood mount stamps but hope that it’s okay to make something other than a card.  This is a new challenge to me and that isn’t noted in the rules.)
 
Supplies: 
·   Leaf Stamp- Embossing Arts Wood Mount (company is out of business)

·   Sentiment Stamp- Printworks Wood Mount (retired)

·   Stationary pad and envelopes from my stash

·   Kaleidacolor Ink Pad- Royal Satin (Rainbow pad)

Entered into:  
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Make a Card + Envelope
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #460-461 Anything Goes
Createful Heart Designs- Oct Challenge #25
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes (Twist- Leaves)
Stamping Sensations- Autumn Glory

8 comments:

  1. Wow Kathy, superbe how you have made a kind of game of the Gingerbread House. The one who you have send it will love it!
    You other cards are als great.
    Karin
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy your makes are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! Congrats on becoming a contributor! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    JoyWilsonInk
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  4. Three super creations, many thanks for joining in with our Autumn theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks beautiful!! Thanks for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. Hope to see you again next time.
    DT Ine http://creaine-cards.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! Thanks for joining us on 2CCC's ~ Pam, DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. How clever is that gingerbread house. Love it.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts Christmas challenge blog.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely makes

    Thanks for joing us at Stamping Sensations this month
    Joan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!