Friday, October 16, 2020

Kitties!

It’s Friday and time for the Colour Crazy Challenge. This challenge is “Anything Goes” but adds one requirement- the creation needs to include coloring in “any colouring medium you like, onto any project you like, and in any colours you like.” I’ve never outgrown my love for coloring… which is why making cards is stress therapy for me!
This week’s sponsor is Knitty Kitty and my DT card features an image named Balloon Kitty, which comes with two versions of the design. I used the one without strings, adding pretty colored twine to provide texture. I sponged the clouds with a stencil and decorative chalks, then added transparent color to the balloons with scraps of colorful plastic document folders. (These wonderful items come in a pack of assorted colors and can be found in the office supply section of most stores and from some dollar stores! I really like using them on my cards because they're cheaper than colored vellum and are more translucent.  You can write on them with a fine-line permanent marker or white gel pen. The plastic is also easy to fussy-cut with a nice, sharp pair of scissors. And then can be adhered to a card with small strips of double stick tape.) So fun! 
 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Knitty Kitty (Balloon Kitty)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   All Night Media Cloud stencil and Decorative Chalks from my stash

·   Inside Sentiment- “You are Awesome”  is a freebie from skogstokiga.blogspot.com (options change occasionally so may no longer be available)

·   Cardstock, strips of colored twine, and scraps of plastic file folders from my stash

Entered into: 
Lemon Shortbread Challenge- Anything Goes #130 
Polkadoodles Challenge-Week #42 Anything Goes                      
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge- Photo Challenge              
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

For my second entry into Double D’s Wreath Challenge, I used this wonderful sentiment digi
from Scribbles Designs. It was so easy to color with markers and Nuvo Drops in a color named
Rhubarb Crumble (yummy!)  The sentiment on the inside is from a new website find that is a
treasure trove of freebies. (You can register a free account to have access so hundreds of free
digis, sentiments, patterns, templates and more! And anything you download is saved on the
website for later access. I spent a few hours looking around and added 180 items to my digi
files. So fun!)  
 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Scribbles Designs (Silent Night Wreath)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Inside Sentiment- Simply Cards & Papercrafts Magazine  Freebies (Register for access)
·   Nuvo Drops- Rhubard Crumble
·   Cardstock, background paper, square doily, and sheer ribbon from my stash
Entered into: 
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- #511 Anything Goes
Double D’s Challenge- Wreaths           
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #460-461 Anything Goes                   
The Sisterhood of Crafters- Lots of Layers
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- October                 

My final card for this posting features a fun digi from a Beccy’s Place set that any little
dinosaur lover is sure to enjoy! I’d picked up the wonderful dino paper on a recent trip to
Hobby Lobby and the other items come from my stash. The digi set includes a wonderful
dinosaur footprint which I enlarged into a few sizes that I traced onto a scrap of acetate and
trimmed to create stencils. A piece of sponge and grey ink quickly adds some stomping to the
inside of the card. Such roaring good fun!  
One added note- I like making square cards, but seldom do because of the increased postage
they require. I recently learned that if I put them into a larger rectangular card, they can be
sent for the usual first-class rate. As long as the envelope is no longer than 11.5 inches and no
taller than 6 inches they can be sent at this rate. I found a pack of larger envelopes at the local
Goodwill store that will allow me to make and send more square cards that fit into my budget.
I’m entering this card into several challenges including the current Path Of Positivity
Challenge with the theme of Girl Power. (I made this card for one of my grandnieces who
LOVES dinosaurs. That is why I chose to use shades of pink on the T-Rex. I actually did a bit
of research on this issue and learned that growing research shows that the coloring of the T-Rex was deep reddish-brown, so pink is not so very far off. Also, there is now some research that questions whether the male T-Rex is the largest dinosaur. It might have been Ms. T-Rex that should have that title. There are interesting discussions on the web on this possibility.)  
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Beccy’s Place Digital Set (Prehistoric Party)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen and Nuvo Sparkles pens
·   Dino Footprint Stencil- created with a digi image and scrap of acetate
·   Sentiments- Computer Generated
·   Dinosaur background paper- Hobby Lobby
·   Cardstock, vellum, and photo corners from my stash
Entered into: 
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Make a Card + Envelope
Power Poppy- Creative Confetti- Happy Birthday                                         
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #84 (Optional Twist- Girl Power)
Beccy’s Place Challenge- October      
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                
Crafty Catz Challenge- Anything Goes #523
     Since I’m a DT for Beccy’s Place (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun!
2craftycrittercrazies Challenge- Oct 2020 #43                              
     Since I’m a DT for Beccy’s Place (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun!

14 comments:

  1. What a beautiful wreath card Kathy ... love that lacy background! And love how you finished off the inside! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Wreath’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy your cards are gorgeous. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards are all so nicely done. Can't go wrong with a cute kitten card, and I really like your Christmas wreath card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous wreath card, those berries are so real looking! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely wreath card, Kathy! The square doily background is gorgeous. Beautiful coloring on the wreath image. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Wreath" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards, love the one with Beccy's image.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you really did your research on dinosaurs for this creation! ;) Many in the animal kingdom have larger or more dominant females, so I suppose your findings should not surprise us! So wonderful that your little grand-niece loves dinosaurs...there's some girl power right there! I imagine she's a little dynamo! Anyway, to the card itself, it's really cute with that fun image and paper! Great idea to cut a stencil using the images! So happy you shared this wonderful creation with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, love what you did with the balloons. Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles this week....Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous cards Kathy, your colouring is wonderful as always.
    The kitty balloons are such a cute idea and I love that you've used the transparent folders... that's such a great tip.
    I'm definitely a wreath fan, so your second card really appeals to me. I love how you've added the shadow to create a wonderful 3D effect.
    Your dinosaur card is fantastic and I'm sure your great-niece will love it! All our kids loved dinosaurs when they were little, especially our oldest. We still have a huge collection of plastic dinosaurs that has served our family well for almost 20 years!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous cards! Your coloring and layers are perfect for our challenge. Thanks for linking up to the Sisterhood of Crafters. Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me again!! Your cards are always so inspiring! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous makes and thanks for sharing this with us at Crafty catz hope to see you in the new challenge

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fun card. Thank for sharing it with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies challenge Janet DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well, you have a little bit of everything in your post today Kathy! Love the dino card -- so perfect for little ones' birthdays! I am sure your grandnieces will love this so much! I also love your wreath creation - so clean and classy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!