Monday, October 12, 2020

Three Holidays

I like to give gift bags of all-occasion cards as Christmas gifts, and one benefit of COVID is that I’m getting a good start on the gift bags this year. My first card for this post is a sweet Easter card that features a Beccy’s Place digi and sentiment from the Easter Joy set. I used an oval cut from an upcycled floral card as the base, placed behind a layer of vellum to allow the little chick to really stand out. A smaller version of the little chick decorated the inside sentiment. So cute!
Supplies: 

·   Digi and Inside Sentiment- Beccy’s Place Digital Set (Easter Joy)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Clear photo corners and oval template from my scrapbook stash

Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #460-461 Anything Goes                   
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge
Beccy’s Place Challenge- October      
    Since I’m a DT for this month’s sponsor, Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Createful Heart Designs- Challenge #24   

My second card is a Halloween card that features a trio of ghosts that are this months freebie at Pattie’s Creations Challenge Blog. The background of the card is an upcycled calendar page. I loved the photo of this eerie old church and graveyard when I first saw it, and had fun finally putting it to use! I printed the ghosts onto copy paper, then traced them onto vellum with a Sharpie black marker. After fussy-cutting the spooks, I cut slits into a door and boarded up window on the old church and slit the ghosts' tails into these slits, taping them to the backside of the calendar page. I created photo corners with scraps of vellum and added freebie sentiments to finish off the cards. Since I had a section of the calendar left with a small graveyard and lots of vellum scraps, I also made a treat basket. It will go to one of my staff members, but won’t buy the candy until just before I give it to her… because… well… the shelf-life of Halloween candy at my house is about 2 hours!!
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Eureka Stamps (Baby Animals) Also available in unmounted or cling mounted

·   Assorted cardstock. vellum and upcycled calendar page from my stash

·   Circle sentiments are freebies from skogstokiga.blogspot.com (options change occasionally so they may no longer be available)

·   Inside Sentiment- TLC Creations Freebie (FaBOOlous Halloween)

·   Treat basket tutorial can be found HERE

Entered into:  
Pattie's Creations Challenge- #175 Autumn/Fall  (free ghost trio digi)
Digi Doodle Studios Blog- Challenge #32 Pink or Halloween (or both)   
Bugaboo Stamps- Theme Challenge Hello Fall       
Dragonfly Dreams- October Spooky and/or Cute
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- My Halloween

My final card for this post is a Christmas card made for the Sketch N Scrap Challenge. It features paper scraps and assorted little treasures from my craft table. First, I found a sentiment and cute little wreath from a Jan’s Digi Stamps set. I also had a few of the cute little VW vans leftover from a project earlier this year. The white one fits perfectly with the “I’ll be home for Christmas” sentiment and looks adorable decorated with the wreath. Sadly, due to COVID, we won’t be able to celebrate Christmas with family in South Dakota this year. (That is why the map scrap is from NE South Dakota, and the computer-generated sentiment on the inside reads “If only in my dreams.”) Despite the need to social-distance this year, I look forward to snow, and hot chocolate, and watching Christmas movies with my sweet hubby. In truth, "family" doesn’t mean being surrounded by people… one special person is all it takes to create warm holiday memories. 
I'm entering this card into several challenges including Simon Says Monday "Make it Sparkle" (the pics don't show it very well, but I did add Stickles to the snowflakes, around the snowflakes and on the wreath), Pixies Snippets (I love using my little bits and pieces of patterned paper for Di's challenges!) and Do-Al[l] Kreatives "Creative Background" (I absolutely love this sketch and had fun picking the papers to reflect what I love most about the holidays including snow, baking, decorating the tree- the green snippet pictures ornaments in light coloring... and memories of home!)  
PS I did show a side-pic so you can see the closeup of the van. I added "windshield glass" with acetate, and adhered it with foam tape so that addition is more apparent. You can really see it on the card. Such a fun touch... and great way to use all those little acetate snippets! 

Supplies: 

·   Front Sentiment and mini wreath- Jan’s Digi Stamps (Over the River)

·   VW van die- Flora & Fauna (find it Here)

·   Cardstock, assorted patterned papers, and scrap from an old South Dakota map from my stash

·   Snowflakes- Cheery Lynn Designs Die (C146 Snowflakes)

·   Stickles- Star Dust (adding magic to the wreath and snowflakes)

Entered into:  
Jan’s Digi Stamps- October 2020 Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday- Challenge #655 Dies & Punches
Do-Al[l] Kreatives #46 Creative Background

15 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy all your cards are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your cards are very nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful cards! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! ~Deanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Kathy, and a lovely idea to make card packs to give as Christmas gifts. I've done that once or twice for my mother-in-law and she has always enjoyed receiving them.
    The little Easter card you made is so sweet, I love the pretty floral background. Your Halloween card is awesome, I just love those ghosts popping out of the spooky church! The treat box is a wonderful idea, and between the two of us, I can certainly relate to the shelf life of the candy! Your final card is wonderful Kathy, and a little wistful too. Sadly, there are going to be many families separated during the holidays.
    As always, a gorgeous collection of cards!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love how you used my Freebie Ghosts! What a great idea and thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge.
    Hugs
    Pattie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous Halloween card and brilliant gift bag-love the vellum spooks,beautiful Christmas one and cute Easter chick
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, Love the VW! Like the road map...Thank you for sharing your Christmas Song inspired creation with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. HAPPY CRAFTING!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute Christmas card, I love that wreath on the front of the VW van! Awesome take on the sketch, thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your project look great. Your fluffy chick is so goofy and sweet. Thanks for sharing with us at 2 Crafty Critter Crazies, CarolG

    ReplyDelete
  10. You've got some super cute cards Kathy!! Great take on the card sketch, and thanks for playing along with us @ Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing projects! Thanks for playing along with us at our present challenge at Do-Al(l) Kreatives and good luck. Hope you will join us next month again.

    Crafty greetings
    Alex

    *Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles
    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge
    Alex' Kreative Seite

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love all your cards Kathy - the snippets entry is especially love, and also gave me a lump in my throat about so many families unable to share their Christmas with one another. But as you say - to share it with the one you love most is a blessing.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely card.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts Christmas challenge blog. Sorry I am a little late blog hopping! Better late than never!
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such amazing cards! LOVE your Christmas card, it is just so pretty! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cute cards your created. Thank you for playing along with us over at Sketch N Scrap
    Tina DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!