Friday, August 28, 2020

Winter Stanley

I always plan a special card to enter into the monthly Rudolph Challenge. This month I picked Stanley in his winter garb, from Beccy’s Place.  (I have five of the eleven Stanley sets in my collection… with my eye on a few additional sets in the near future. He is such a fun character!) I used two of the sentiments from the digi set, plus added a computer-generated Merry Christmas with an additional bit of hand-written script.
I’m also entering this card into the We Craft Cards Monday Challenge named Blue Christmas (As required, I used all the colors in the song- blue, white, red and green.)
 
 Supplies: 
·   Digi- Beccy’s Place (Winter Stanley)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   “Beary” Sentiments- Beccy’s Place (Winter Stanley)
·   Inside Sentiment- “Merry Christmas” (Computer Generated)
·   Assorted background papers from my stash
·   Mini snowflake is a thin plastic shaker-card filler from my stash
Entered into:  
Beccy’s Place Challenge- August      

I wanted to make a card for the current Outlawz Monday Challenge “For Him” and opted to make an unusual card. Used a sweet little VW Van die and a scrap of funky floral-patterned paper to turn it into a vintage Hippie van. A handmade action wobble spring (instructions found on Pinterest) adds a bit of fun as the van also dances (ummm... I mean vibrates!)
 
Supplies: 
·   VW van die- Flora & Fauna (find it Here)
·   Sentiments- Computer Generated
·   Assorted background papers and silver Metallic Sharpie Marker from my stash
·   Instructions for making Action Wobble Spring can be found on the web. I like THIS ONE.
Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- For Him
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

This is my final card Day of the Month, National Watermelon Day Challenge. I printed another sweet Bugaboo image to make a 4th of July card. Digging through my stash I found lots of patriotic items to help decorate the card. It is being added into a packet of all occasion cards that I’ll use as a wedding or graduation gift. 

Supplies: 
·   Digi- Bugaboo (Summertime Peekers Watermelon)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Sentiments- Computer Generated
·   Paper napkins ( Red&white checked and blue star), assorted cardstock and misc. collage items from my stash
Entered into:  
Day of the Month Challenge- National Watermelon Day    
The Paper Shelter- #438 Use a Number
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #454-455 Anything Goes                  
Polkadoodles Challenge-Week 34 Anything Goes

12 comments:

  1. Super cute Christmas card Kathy - cool image and two more nice cards, stay safe Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy your cards are gorgeous. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Polkadoodles challenge Janet DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute cards, Kathy. It's always a joy having you play along. I really love the groovy VW van. It brings back some great memories - like my Marsha Brady hairdo, go-go boots, and miniskirts. lol

    Thanks for joining us. Have a blessed week, and I hope to see your wonderful art again soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful Kathy, love the pretty layout. Thank you for playing along with our Challenge at The Paper Shelter. We would love to see you again ... Anet DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your winter Stanley card is adorable Kathy, I just love the matching hat and scarf! I like the fabulous background paper and the way you finished the inside too.
    The combi van on your second card is fantastic! Love all the bright colours! Cute choice of sentiment too.
    Your last card is wonderfully patriotic, perfect for celebrating the 4th of July. The image is very cute and I like the way you've coloured it.
    Well done Kathy!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabby creation with lovely design and colours. Thanks for joining us over at The Paper Shelter this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aaaah what a sweetie Stanley is and thanks for joining us at Augusts Rudolph Days Challenge, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have certainly been busy creating cards, Kathy. They are all lovely!

    Your Rudolph card looks great! The bear image is such a cutie pie and I am amzed at your lovely hand printing. You have a steady, even hand for printing like that!

    Thanks for taking part in the August Rudolph Days Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that bear card. So cute.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts Christmas challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards! You really have a way with bears! That little girl is enjoying her watermelon! I wish I had one to sink my teeth in right now, too! Thank you so much for playing again with us at DotMCC! Hopefully we'll see you next month, too. Hugs, Cornelia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!