Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Seasons

It's Wednesday! So time for another challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog where challenges are always Anything Goes and prizes are awarded from one or more sponsors.  Stop by the blog to check it out!

The sponsor this week is Bugaboo and my DT card features two copies of the “cool” border images from the “Swirly Snowflake Set.’” I positioned the border atop a piece of scrapbook paper, framing a “Let It Snow” sentiment. I added grey shading and aqua highlights to several of the snowy swirls then sprinkled the card front with a die-cut snowflakes and sparkly stickers. More snowflakes were added to the inside sentiment, which is a freebie that perfectly matches the front of the card. So fun!
 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Bugaboo (Swirly Snowflake Set)
·   Colored with grey and light aqua Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Sparkly Snowflake Stickers- from Hobby Lobby and my stash
·   Front Sentiment- part of scrapbook paper from my scrapbook stash
·   Inside sentiment- Mudmaven Freebie (If kisses were Snowflakes)
·   Snowflakes- Cheery Lynn Designs Die (C146 Snowflakes)
·   Snowflakes- Lawn Fawn LF995-Mini Snowflakes Die Set
·   White cardstock from my stash
Entered into:  
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes                                      
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- August                   
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                
Bugaboo Stamps- August Anything Goes 

A few weeks ago I won a challenge at The Paper Shelter and had so much fun shopping! This is one of the digis I selected. It is named “Little Mermaid on Vacation” and like most Paper Shelter digis, comes with a complementary background. Although I’ve been using digis for cards now for nearly 4 years, I just started using pgn digis with digi papers. This is only my second time for using a png digi, but I loved the colors and palm fronds on this background, so much that I tried again. And it saved me a lot of fussy-cutting. I colored the image, set it at an angle on a strip of pink patterned paper atop a grey card base. Freebie sentiments on the front and inside fit the theme. I finished the inside with some fun embellishments. I’m entering this card into several challenges including Incy Wincy Designs- Triple Choice (I chose Fantasy.)
 
Supplies: 
·   Digi and background- The Paper Shelter (Little Mermaid On Vacation)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Front Sentiment- Desert Diva Freebie (Sweet Birthday Wishes)
·   Inside Sentiment- Birdscards Freebie (Have a Fintastic Day)
·   Assorted background papers, string and silver metallic paper scrap from my stash
·   Stickles- Star Dust (adding magic to the mermaid scales and seahorse die cut given to me by a friend)
·   Anchor Punch- found in a discount bin at JoAnnes Crafts a few years ago
Entered into:  
The Paper Shelter- #437 Anything Goes
Simon Says Monday Challenge- Happy Birthday                         
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- #139 Anything Goes
Incy Wincy Designs- Triple Choice: Sketch/Interactive/Fantasy
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Birthday

I made this final card for a friend that recently organized a small women’s group study at my church. We started meeting when the COVID restrictions were lifted and the group has been such a blessing. At our meeting last weekend we talked about what it feels like to know that you are are doing what God has planned for you. I’m going to send this card to my friend, with a thank you for inviting me to join the group. (I recently learned that this is a Mother Theresa quote, which makes me love it even more!)  
Supplies: 
·   Front Sentiment- Love SVG Freebie (I’m A Pencil In The Hand Of God)
·   Assorted cardstock, alphabet paper and star post-it from my stash
·   Pencil image- fussy-cut from a page border in my scrapbook stash
Entered into
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #450-451 Anything Goes                   
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Fall Colors         
Cute As A Button- August: CH #59 Anything Goes 

12 comments:

  1. Love love love the winter sentiment. They all look great
    Claire
    Mrs H's Crafty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy your cards are gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great job with your snowflakes Kathy! Gosh, that inside stamp could have been part of the same set! Beautiful colour choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful cards! I really love your wintry card! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card and I LOVE that sentiment. Thanks for playing along with us at Catch The Bug.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely collage of images on your snowflake project!
    Thank you for joining Catch the Bug's Anything Goes.
    Hugs from Africa!
    OlgaB

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE how you used your snowflake border, very nice! Thanks for joining Catch the Bug's anything goes challenge, good luck! Dawn Bugaboo DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. All wonderful card with great patterned papers. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Patterned Paper Challenge this month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, they are all great cards!

    Thank you for joining us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pattern paper! Great Winter Card!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely cards. Thank you for sharing with us over at Cute As A Button. We hope to see you again.
    ~ DT Victoria

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!