Monday, August 17, 2020

Respite in My Craft Room

I just finished a super busy week. Wrote a federal grant report, and a state grant report, participated in a half dozen ZOOM meetings,  AND taught a day long court-diversion program for teens with underage alcohol citations. So… I didn’t get much time to stamp and create.  I made up for that today, taking the day off and spending it in my craft room. Ahhhh… heaven!

The first card I made is for the current Butterfly Challenge. I just had to stop in and say Hello to Mrs. A, because the sentiment on the inside of the card reminds me of her! For my card, I used a few sentiments from Eureka stamps, plus a wonderful butterfly stamp from Close To My Heart to create this card that has a slight vintage feeling. My card features all three of the colors (beau blue, burgundy and buttermilk- light tan in the vellum overlay and cardstock base that can be seen inside.)  

 
Supplies: 
·   Image- Close To My Heart My Acrylix Stamps (B1432 Butterfly)- Retired
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Front Sentiment- Eureka Digital Stamp (Happiness Like a Butterfly
      Also available in unmounted or cling mounted
·  Inside Sentiment- Eureka Digital Stamp (You’re Special
      Also available in unmounted or cling mounted
·  Butterfly on the inside is cut from a Eureka Digital Stamp (Butterfly Background
     Also available in unmounted or cling mounted
·   Background graphic- Graphics Fairy (DIY Faux Vellum Scented Labels)
Entered into:  
Butterfly Challenge- #145 B is for Bow Fronted Card   
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #452-453 Anything Goes                   
Let’s Craft and Create- Ch #162-Anything Goes
A Perfect Time to Craft 2020-Anything Goes- Aug Challenge #8-2020

My next card was created for the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge named Midsummer Blues. It features a sweet digi from All Dressed Up which I colored, fussy-cut and set aside.  I wanted to make a baby card, so I clipped the balloon from the image and set it aside for later use. I covered the background of the card front with cloudy blue sky stationery that I attached with clear photo corners. To make the balloon, I laid a scrap of a purple plastic document file folder on top of the balloon I'd clipped from the digi and traced around it with a fine-line permanent black Sharpie. (These wonderful file folders come in a pack of assorted colors and can be found in the office supply section of most stores. I really like using them on my cards because they're cheaper than colored vellum and are more translucent.  You can write on them with permanent markers, which I used to trace the balloon and the plastic is easy to fussy-cut with a nice, sharp pair of scissors.) After I finished fussy-cutting the balloon, I laid it atop the “Welcome Baby” sentiment and traced the letters with the permanent marker. I then adhered the digi and balloon to the card front I used the fine-line permanent marker to add the balloon strings and bow.
I’m entering this card into several challenges including the All Dressed Up FB Challenge- Fur, Feather and Wings (the little Panda bear holding tightly to the elephant's tail has fur!)   
  
Supplies: 
·   Digi- All Dressed Up (Hang in There)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Front Sentiment- Welcome Baby from Papercrafts magazine (no longer available)
·   Fine-line permanent black Sharpie marker.
·   A sheet of cloudy sky stationery and clear photo corners from my stash
·   A small square of a purple document file folder
Entered into:  
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Midsummer Blues                               
All Dressed Up- Anything Goes- #108 Anything Goes (August) 
All Dressed Up FB Challenge- Fur, Feather and Wings                
Lemon Shortbread Challenge- Anything Goes #126
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

I made the final card for this posting to enter into the current Pixie’s Snippets Challenge. I love this challenge, which encourages me to use all of the little pieces of pretty papers that I just can’t throw away! Plus, the challenge host is such a sweet and generous person. (Thanks, Di!) I wanted to make a card for one of my nieces who love, Love, LOVES unicorns… so I perched this adorable Unicorn atop a “pile” of pretty scrap strips. You can’s see it in the photo, but I colored his mane and tail with a gold Spectrum Noir Sparkle Pen. It lays on a nice layer of color that dries to a beautiful, sparkly sheen!  The little sentiment is a freebie that is the perfect fit for this card… and for my niece. I know she’ll love it!
 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Bugaboo (Unicorn Set
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Front Sentiment- Skogstokiga Blogspot Freebie (You are Awesome)
·   Scraps of patterned papers, white mulberry paper and cardstock from my stash
Entered into:  
Pixie's Snippets-Week #384                                                                     
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- August                   
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- #140 Anything Goes
Cute Card Thursday- Challenge #647 Bright Colors
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #82 (Exploring The Fantastical)
     Since I’m a DT for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering this challenge just for fun!

10 comments:

  1. All fabulous nut just adore that elephant. Sounds like you needed that day of therapy in your craft room
    Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You were a busy girl in and out of your craft room! Great cards! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  3. A always all your cards are wonderful. Your butterfly card is so pretty! My you are a busy lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've been working waaaay too hard. Happy you got to spend some time in your craft room! Love that little unicorn; he is sure to brighten your niece's day! What a great way to use those scraps! Thanks for sharing with us at Path of Positivity. ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sweet of you Kathy. Thankyou for your kindness. It has made my day. I love this butterfly card very much. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards Kathy - and of course I adore your snippets card. Many thanks for your very kind words - there was me sitting here thinking numbers are low this fortnight and slipping down towards the point where I would close the Playground (I have a specific number in mind below which it would make sense to call it a day). Then. along came your lovely words above and lifted me right up again!

    Special hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are so lbeautiful, Kathy! Glad you got some time to craft. Busy girl! Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us on the Lemon Shortbread Challenge Blog. Hugs, Lori xx (DT for Lemon Shortbread).

    ReplyDelete
  8. HI Kathy, a special card for your niece, love the shadow of the unicorn you added to the background, a fabulous use of snippets too. Thank you for sharing your creativity with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, good luck in the prize draw... Megan DT LPoCF

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!