Monday, August 3, 2020

Shouts of Color

Yesterday I realized that I’d completed all but one of the weekly Creative Confetti Challenges at Power Poppy. So, I decided to create a card for the final one called “Make It Your Way.” Using the chart provided I was to create a card that featured a pop-up image (birth month), Yellow (first initial) and Red (last initial.) I decided to make a gatefold card base and a Iris Fold strawberry to meet the color requirements. Then I added some cute fuzzy bumblebees (from my newest Beccy’s Place digi set) with foam tape to pop them up from the card front. Sparkly stickles on the wings highlight the Bumbles even more. So fun!  
I am entering this card into several challenged including Outlaws Color Challenge (my card includes all of the colors red from the top of the color wheel, plus yellow and green from the bottom half.)
I also just noticed that I colored the bees knees (legs?!) yellow... when they should be black. Or...maybe they are just trendsetter/hipster bees wearing yellow tights? Ha!
 
 
Supplies: 
·   Iris Fold Strawberry- Template found via Pinterest HERE (and basic Iris Fold instructions HERE.)
·   Bees digi- and inside Sentiment- Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Bees and Blooms)
·   Inside Sentiment- Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Bees and Blooms)
·   Assorted background papers, foam mounting tape and Stampin’ Up flower punch from my stash
·   Stickles- Star Dust (adding sparkles to the bees wings)
Entered into: 
Power Poppy- Creative Confetti- Make it Your Way 
Beccy’s Place Challenge- August      
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge- Color Wheel  
Lemon Shortbread Challenge- Anything Goes #125
Bugaboo Stamps- August Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- August                   
Digi Doodle Studios Blog- Challenge #30 Things with Wings                 

The current challenge at wecraftcards Forum is titled “Love Me Tender” and requirements were to create a card/other item to share with someone we love. I made this card for my hubby. We celebrate our 43rd Anniversary on Dec 30th... so I hope that I remember where I put this card when that date rolls around!
PS Her beautiful hair color is a joke between my hubby and me. As I get older, I always tell him that when I am old(er) I'll be one of those cute little blue-haired ladies! So I think he'll get a kick out of her hair! 
 The sweet little Elvis teddy bear? Not so much! (He thinks I already have waaaay too many stuffed animals!)
 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- The Paper Shelter (My Elvis Teddy Bear)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Front Sheet Music Can’t Help Falling in Love” from HERE
·   Die- CAS-ual Friday Stamps (Treble Clef)
·   Inside Sentiment- Computer Generated
·   Assorted cardstock, red checked napkin and black photo corners from my stash
Entered into:  
The Paper Shelter- #437 Anything Goes
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- Songs and Rhymes- All I Have To Do Is Dream
Besties Challenge- August Anything Goes
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

I wanted to make a Christmas card to fit into a few challenges including one that is titled “Use Fall/Autumn Colors.” I did find this a bit challenging but think I figured it out. I knew I wanted to use gold embossing because fall leaves display so many great shades of GOLD. So I pulled out some old (I mean from the ’80s or ’90s) wood-mount stamps and got busy. For my color palette, I picked many shades that appear in the beautiful fall leaves in Wisconsin including rusty red (dotted paper), orange-red (ribbon and marker) and orange (photo corners- which are almost neon, like maple leaves in the bright sunshine!), a few shades of sage/olive green (backgrounds and gift wrap details), plus kraft brown (layering cardstock.) I carried these colors over to the inside of the card… but just had to add the touch of traditional pine green and red with the cute little holly sprig that I upcycled from a candy cane box I saved from last Christmas (I am such a packrat!)
Supplies: 
·   Front- Wood Mount Stamp- Denami Stamps “Gift” (Retired)
·   Colored with Sage Green Tombow Marker
·   Inside- Wood Mount Stamp- Embossing Arts “Jesus Is the Greatest Gift” (Retired)
·   Inside embellishment- Upcycled small holly leaf
·   Assorted background papers, gold embossing powder, sheer ribbon, and photo corners from my stash
Entered into:  
Christmas Crafts All Year Round- Use Fall/Autumn Colors
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes                                      
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #450-451 Anything Goes                    
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- #139 Anything Goes

10 comments:

  1. Both are fabulous designs but I just adore the bee card
    Claire Mrs H's Crafty Corner

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like to see the autumn colors on your card. The best sentiment! Great card, Kathy! Thanks for playing along at CCAYR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning cards! Thanks so much for playing along in the Lil Patch of Crafty Friends Challenge. Good luck with your entry and hope to see you again.
    Sladjana (DT for Lil Patch of Crafty Friends)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kathy! I tried Iris folding, I think, once and didn't really try again but holy cow, your berry iris fold -- it's stunning! So creative and colorful and I love that digital stamp set with those huge fuzzy bumble bees! Beautiful creation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely work. I love the blue hair and Elvis teddy and also the other cards. Thank you for joining Outlawz Sunday Songs & Rhymes, Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas challenge and Christmas Crafts all year round. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great collection of cards! I'm always glad to take a look at your art! Thanks for joining our Anything Goes Challenge at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends. I hope join us again real soon!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, Owner/Coordinator

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous cards Kathy, love the yellow bees knees! You did a wonderful job interpreting the challenges for the first card, I particularly like the iris folded strawberry... that's definitely thinking outside the box.
    I'm sure Rich is going to get a big kick out of the anniversary card you made, especially the blue hair! I think it's a great idea to add a little private joke into your creation.
    Love the autumn colours on your last card, and they work perfectly for Christmas! The little holly in the centre of the card is really cute too. Well done.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful Christmas card!!! Thank-you so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ‘ROUND challenge. Hope to see your beautiful creations in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  9. All of your cards are fabulous! My husband and I will be married 30yrs on Dec 28th, so and early Happy Anniversary to you both. Thanks for playing along with us at Catch The Bug.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards. Thank you for joining in the Include A Reindeer Challenge at CHNC this week.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!