Wednesday, August 19, 2020

Spring and Fall Beauties

It's Wednesday! So time for another challenge at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenge Blog where challenges are always Anything Goes and prizes are awarded from one or more sponsors.  Stop by the blog to check it out! The sponsor this week is Leanne's World and my DT card features a pretty digi named “Bambi.” I had fun creating a monochromatic color scheme that includes bling because of metallic fuchsia lipstick paper from my stash. I loved finding a Beccy’s Place sentiment that fits the blowing a kiss theme.  I printed off a few extra hearts from the inside sentiment, colored, fussy-cut, and attached them to the front of the card. 
 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- LeAnnes World (Bambi)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Front Sentiment- “Hugs & Kisses Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Keeping it Simple)
·   Inside  sentiment- Eureka Digital Stamp (Happy Valentine’s Day)
·   Assorted cardstock, background papers and scrap of pink ribbon from my stash
·   Stickles- Star Dust (on the hearts)
Entered into:  
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- August                   

I love all things fall, so this sweet digi from Besties was really fun to color. It also went together pretty quickly with items raided from my stash-scraps of paper, embellies, and a sentiment trimmed from a die-cut.
 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Besties (Welcome Fall)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Sparkly Heart Stickers- Hobby Lobby
·   Front Sentiment “Hello” cut from Butterfly Hello Die-Cottage Cutz
·   Inside Sentiment- RG Ave Fall & Autumn Greetings, Newsletter Freebie (no longer available)
·   Assorted background papers from my stash
·   Wooden Leaf Embellishment- Hobby Lobby
Entered into:  
Sketch N Scrap-Card Sketch #175 
Besties Challenge- August Anything Goes
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday- Anything Goes

This month Ching-Chou Kuik’s challenge also has an Autumn theme, so I looked through my collection of Ching-Chou’s wonderful artwork and picked this one named “Keep In Faith” for my card. I loved coloring this beauty with my Spectrum Noir markers and trusty white gel pen. Adhered atop an upcycled calendar page and torn cardstock and decorated with paper scraps and enamel dots the final product is as colorful as the season it honors!   
(BTW- I noted the source of the sentiment as unknown because I cannot locate it on my laptop where I currently have nearly 10,000 digital images. Most are within the 445 folders of digi sets so I cannot just pull them up by title. I know that this sentiment is hidden in one of those sets as I did print it off to make this card. And… I need to find it again because I really like it. So, when I do, I'll add the source here. In the meantime, if any of you recognize this sentiment and can tell me it's source, please let me know.)

I found the source! This sentiment “Sending Warm Thoughts and Sunshine Your Way…” is from a We are 3 set of Digital Sentiments named Special Wishes.
 
  
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Ching-Chou Kuik's (Keep in Faith)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Sentiments- Unknown source  “Sending Warm Thoughts and Sunshine Your Way..." from a We are 3 digital set (Special Wishes)
·   Assorted cardstock, upcycled calendar page and enamel dots from my stash
Entered into:  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #452-453 Anything Goes                   
Ching-Chou Kuik's FB Challenge- [FB] Autumn Colours
Double D’s Challenge- Sunflowers              
A Perfect Time to Craft 2020-Anything Goes- Aug Challenge #8-2020

11 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy all your cards are stunning. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bambi is so striking Kathy! I love the colours you chose and the little extras you added. The inside is so pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing cards and love those sweet girly images! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! ~Deanna :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful array of cards, each one unique! Thank you for joining our 'sunflower' challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your cards are always beautiful but love today's Sunflower card! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Sunflowers’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both of your cards are so pretty! You did a beautiful job coloring them! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are beautiful!! Great take on the card sketch, and thanks for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are all so adorable!! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Scrap.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, lovely image and great design also! Thanks for sharing with us at Double "D" Challenge.
    Amelia (Double "D" Challenge Design Team)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic, bright and cheery lovely card you have made here which fits perfectly the Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Inspiration and Challenge Blog Monthly Challenge this month. She's one of my all time favourite Ching-Chou Kuik images. What is there not to like about sunflowers (even with me not being a gardener)? Even more FANTASTIC is that you have used one of Ching-Chou Kuik's digital stamps. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw and for your support of this challenge blog. Kym (Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Blog Challenge and Facebook Challenge Design Team Leader)

    PS: With everything going on in the world with regard to the coronavirus, please stay safe and well

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful cards! You have done a great job with all the coloring! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!