Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Roses, a Santa and Bears, Oh My!

I am honored to have served as a Guest Designer for Beccy Muir at Beccy’s Place and am now one of her “Contributors” which means that she provides me with digis or clear stamp sets four times a year and I get to create cards or other items with them. It is always fun to see what items she will invite me to use.  This time, the digi set is a beautiful one with a shabby chic feeling. I loved using the roses, birdhouse, and sentiments from the set. Beccy encourages us to create a color chart to accompany our creations. So I’m including the one for the Spectrum Noir alcohol markers that I used to color the roses and birdhouse in this post. (The weathered wood on the birdhouse was made with layers of various marker colors and a white gel pen that I applied and then smudged with my fingers.) I used scrapbook paper for the card base because I liked the border it provided across the top of the card front and the swirl on the inside top edge. After trimming around the swirl with an Exacto knife, I tucked the sentiment beneath the lovely swirl! 
 
Supplies: 
·   Image and Sentiments-Beccy’s Place Digital Set (Shabby Chic Roses)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Assorted scrapbook papers and a paper doily from my stash
Entered into:  
Simon Says Monday Challenge- Beautiful Botanicals                  
Power Poppy- Creative Confetti- Inside Out!       
A Perfect Time to Craft 2020-Anything Goes- Aug Challenge #8-2020
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #82 (Optional Twist- Exploring The Fantastical)
        Since I’m a DT for this months sponsor, Beccy’s Place, I’m entering this challenge just for fun!

A few months ago, after winning a challenge at Scribbles,  I picked this wonderful Woodland Santa image as my prize. I have been looking for a time to use it… and Scribbles current challenge, “The Great Outdoors” seemed like a perfect fit, especially when I perched the Santa atop a wonderful wintry background from The Paper Shelter. Alcohol markers, Liquid Pearls, (white opal on Santas robe and buttercup on the tree topper) plus silver photo corners help add some fun texture and bling to the card.
 
 
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Scribbles (Woodland Santa)
·   Colored with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen
·   Card front Background- The Paper Shelter digi set (My Christmas Snowball)
·   Front Sentiment “Peace Joy Love”- Embossing Arts (company is no longer in business)
·   Inside Sentiment- upcycled from an old card
·   Liquid Pearls- Buttercup and White Opal
·   Assorted background papers and silver photo corners from my stash
·   Sheer black dotted swiss ribbon- JoAnne’s
Entered into:  
Scribbles Designs Challenge- #91 The Great Outdoors (SD)      
Polkadoodles Challenge-Week 34 Anything Goes                         
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

For my last item on this post, I created a gift bag to enter into the current Do-Al[l] Creative challenge, named “Teddies and Anything But Cards.” The gift bag was made with an inexpensive brown paper lunch bag.  I added the fun texture with a Darice embossing folder. The tag features an adorable bear digi is from Sheepski Designs. I used decorative chalks to color the digi, partly so I could enter it into this month's Crash Your Stash challenge at Outlawz and partly because I love the delicate look of chalks (applied with Q-Tips and my fingers) on this cute digi. After finishing the bear tag, I printed off a colored the smaller sentiment tag, then folded the top of the bag down, punched a few holes then attached the tags to the bag with a scrap of black ribbon.
Supplies: 
·   Digi- Sheepski Designs (Panda/Bear)
·   Colored with Decorative Chalks
·   Sentiment on the small tag from Beccy’s Place digital set “Bear with Me” (retired)
·   Darice Embossing folder- Basket Weave
·   Brown paper bag (school lunch size)
·   Cardstock, wiggly eyes, and a strip of black ribbon from my stash  
Entered into:  
Cute Card Thursday- Challenge #648 Embossing
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #454-455 Anything Goes                   
Do-Al[l] Kreatives #44 Teddies + Anything but Cards
        Since I’m a DT for this months sponsor, Sheepski Designs, I’m entering this challenge just for fun!
Outlawz Challenge- Crash Your Stash- Blending Chalks
               

14 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy all your makes are stunning. They are all gorgeous. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Kathy ! Love the one with the Birdhouse on it.
    Karin
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards Kathy, love them all, hugs, Lori m

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute little bear and gift bag. Perfect pattern on the bag. So glad you shared over at Do-Al(l)creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the way you coloured Scribble Design´s Woodland Santa. Those colours look fantastic. I think I have to try that combo as well. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Thank you for playing along and sharing your talent with us at SCRIBBLES DESIGN. Best of luck! Nick

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab card. Thanks for sharing it with us at the Polkadoodles challenge Janet DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aaaww.. this is super cute! Love the Image and the great idea with the eyes.

    Thanks for playing along with our Do-Al(l) Kreatives Challenge and good luck!

    Hugs and please come back soon!
    Doris
    Kleido’s BastelStüble
    *Owner* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *List Manager* Challenges for Days
    *GDT* Sweet Sketch Wednesday 2

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two fabulous cards and a great gift bag/ Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Scribbles Designs, we hope to see you back again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww bear looks so cute wonderful cards as well :)
    Andrea x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful gift bag! Love your wonderful bear!
    Thanks for playing along with us at our Last challenge at Do-Al(l) Kreatives and good luck. Hope you will join us this month again.

    Crafty greetings
    Alex

    *Owner* Creative Crafting Uncles
    *DT + Admin* Do-Al(l) Kreatives
    *DT* Kreativ-Tanten Challenge
    Alex' Kreative Seite

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous creations! Thanks for joining us for Week 34 at Polkadoodles Craft Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have certainly been busy Kathy. I like the way you did the weathered wood on the first card. I would never have thought of smudging the gel pen but it certainly adds to the wood feel of the birdhouse. Thank you for joining in the Exploring The Fantastical Challenge at Path of Positivity.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great selection of makes!! Loved looking through them all...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!