Saturday, April 27, 2019

Three "B's"

This is my second card for Double D’s Challenge named "B&W Only" and creating it made me realize how much I like adding color to images. It is really difficult for me to not add a pop of red or a wash of teal to the butterfly on this card… but I didn't! Instead, I printed the free digi (that I found HERE) onto a sheet of music from my scrapbook stash. I selected the background papers to fit within the current Butterfly Challenge that focuses on the Letter E. My card includes an Easel Card, embossing and also, of course, a butterfly.  The sentiment is a freebie from Desert Diva. You can find it HERE. Am entering this into a few additional challenges including Bugaboo Stamps current BINGO challenge, where I focused on the top row [Hope die from CASual Fridays, sentiment "hope", and texture- embossed swirls]. ]
 
Entered into: 
Double D’s Challenge- B&W Only                    
Butterfly Challenge- #121 Letter E for Easel Card               
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greetings- Use Embossing Folder or Die cut              
Bugaboo Stamps- BINGO                            
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- April                                       

I'm busy working on card assortments to give as graduation gifts so am making cards for all seasons. Am thinking that the high school grad that receives this card will enjoy sending it to a friend or family member next Halloween. I found the instructions HERE.  However, I didn't have the flip fold die, so had to create that on my own, and used circle dies for the eye and cutout behind the "BOO." Speaking of the "BOO" I cut the three letters from a sheet of scrapbook paper for the football team at a nearby high school, the Baldwin-Woodville Blackhawks, and wrote the rest of the sentiment by hand.
Entered into:  
Simon Says Monday ChallengeGoing Around in Circles   
The Paper Shelter- #380 Sentimental
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                                                    

A few days ago I posted a bunny shape card using a template from a fun kids craft site named Easey Peasey and Fun. The card was so easy to make that I decided to make the bear shaped one. I wanted his little nose to be shiny black and couldn't find any paper in my stash that would work. Then I noticed a package in my trash bin that a new embossing folder came in… and it was just what I needed. The inside sentiment is from Eureka Stamps. You can find it HERE.  
 
Entered into: 
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Anything Goes                                       
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #384-#385 Anything Goes                    

7 comments:

  1. Hi all your makes are stunning I love them all. Have a great weekend. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always a pleasure to visit your posts...so many clever creations :D Love the subtle black and white Butterfly card, such a tricky image to use for the theme, and you nailed it :D Thank you for sharing with us at Craftyhazelnut's PPC XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep LOL ... doing strictly black & white can be difficult but you did a BEAUTIFUL job of it!! LOVE this card Kathy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Black & White ONLY’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How eye popping your card it. Very striking in the black and White. Thankyou for coming and spinning the butterfly wheel with me this week. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable cards!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us this week in the Going in Circles Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for joining us over at the Paper Shelter this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful!! Love your work!! Thanks for playing with TPS this week, good luck! Hug Lena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!