Friday, April 5, 2019

Finally Spring

It's FRIDAY… and time for this weeks QKR Stampede Challenge. My DT card this week, features an adorable digi from Eureka Stamps named " Smiling Bunny." It's only $2 and you can find it HERE.  I colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers and white gel pen, which worked great for adding whiskers. [I added a closeup photo so that you could see them.] I cut a small circle of white fur from a scrap I have is my small fabric stash to add some soft texture to his widdle wabbit tail. I picked up a dozen outdated seed packets at an end of season sale a few years ago for a nickel a pack. Just knew that they'd make a nice background for a card… and they Do! The sentiment is computer generated.
Entered into: 
Word Art Wed Challenge- #380-#381 Anything Goes               (wordartwednesday.blogspot.com)
Cute Card Thursday- #576 Anything Goes                                   (cutecardthursday.blogspot.com) 
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Animal Antics                     (simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge)
2craftycrittercrazies Challenge- #25                                              (2craftycrittercrazies.blogspot.com)

This week at wecraftcards the challenge sponsor provided a photo from Pinterest  [the card with the chocolate bunny. Decided I needed to note that fact... because I can't take credit for that adorable- and yummy- creation], noting that we were to use it as a guide for a unique fold card. I was thrilled when I saw it because I'd picked up a pack of party announcement cards in the Discount section at Hobby Lobby a few weeks ago. I swapped out the hot pink foil belly band with a new one crafted from a section of scrapbook border and strips of sheer and dotted swiss ribbon from my stash. Topped that off with an adorable Di's Digi image that I colored with Spectrum Noir markers and white gel pen. Named "Cute Cradle", it's on sale right now for just $1. [You can find it HERE.]  The Welcome Baby sentiment on the inside of the card is a freebie from Papercrafts Magazine. You can find it HEREThe other inside sentiment is computer generated. I've had it in my craft files for at least a decade and didn't know the name of the author. I just did a bit of research and found out that it is from a book named "You Are My I Love You" by Maryann Cusimano Love. [I just ordered a copy that I'm giving to our new great-niece at her baby shower in two weeks. [I'll also cite the author on the back of this card before I give it away and if used in the future.]  
 
 
Entered into: 
We Craft Cards Monday Challenge- Sketch                   (wecraftcards.com/forum)
Di’s Digi Stamps- Make It Girly                                        (disdigidesignschallenge.blogspot.co.uk)
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week 14-Anything Goes       (polkadoodle.blogspot.com)

My final card for this challenge is a Christmas card that I'm entering into a few challenges. It is created to reflect the inside sentiment, "All Hearts Come Home", a freebie from LoveSVG. You can find it HEREThe background is made from a South Dakota map [the state where my hubby and I were both born, many decades ago.] The card also features two origami folds. The first is named "Hearts and Flowers." A stamping friend provided instructions for this fold on her blog. You can find that link HERE. It took a few attempts to master the fold, but after changing the size of the squares to 3x3 inches and using a piece of foil wrapping paper that is easily pliable and holds a sharp crease, I was able to make this bright and shiny heart. The second fold,  Origami Shadow Box, also called the Peekaboo Frame fold, is super easy to make. You can find a great tutorial HERE. The second fold, Origami Shadow Box, that is also called the Peekaboo Frame fold, is super easy to make. You can find a great tutorial HEREI picked up a roll of the red and white HoHoHo ribbon at JoAnne's after Christmas sale last year, and the little "Hello" greeting on the front of the card is a freebie that you can find HERE
  
Entered into: 
Simon Says Monday Challenge- Don't Be Fooled, Be Foiled    (simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge)
Christmas Crafts All Year Round- Family and Friends              (christmascardsallyearround.blogspot.co.uk)
Bugaboo Stamps- Unusual Folds                                                    (catchthebugblog.blogspot.com)
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                               (Outlawzchallenges.ning.com)
A2zscrapbooking Monthly Challenge- Fun Fold                         (a2zscrapbookingblog.com) 
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- April                  (craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com)
The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up- Challenge #52: Twist…Fairies   (12monthsofchristmaslinkup.blogspot.com)


8 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy this is a stunning card I love it. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jackie, you are always so sweet to comment on my cards. So fun to see your smiling face so often on my blog. Thanks so much.

      Delete
  2. Pretty!!! Thanks so much for participating in our CHRISTMAS CRAFTS ALL YEAR ‘ROUND challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all SUPER!! I especially love the baby cradle card and it's fold, and the pretty blue card next to it with the chocolate bunny :) But all are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card indeed!! Thanks for playing along our April Challenge at a2z.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've created such original and super sweet cards. Your folds are FUN and I love the cards you made. So glad you joined us at A2Z Scrapbooking for our April challenge of "Fun Folds".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super sweet cards! Thanks so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah so clever with the multiple folds on your last card! It's nice with the map also. I have visited South Dakota and there is a lot to see there. Thanks for joining in over at a2z Scrapbooking.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!