Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Outdoor Fun

It's Wednesday! So time for another challenge at Penny's Paper Crafty Challenge Blog. Penny's challenges are always Anything Goes and prizes are awarded from one or more sponsors.  Stop by the blog to check it out! This week, I used a wonderful digi from one of the challenge sponsors, Cute As A Button, named "Bunny Love." I colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers and then used a technique called "Eclipse" to highlight the sweet image. You can find an excellent tutorial HERE. (Actually, Beccy's Place has a huge list of tutorials available. It is my 'go-to' place when I want to learn a new technique or fold. Check it out.) On the inside of the card, I fussy cut a few of the cute bunnies and a carrot form the Bunny Love image to create a fun little scene with the sentiment [a digi from Eureka Stamps appropriately named "Happy Easter."  
The current Simon Says Wednesday challenge has been a difficult one for me, mainly because it makes me realize how often I use designer paper for my backgrounds. When I made this card, I purposefully created a very simple background, softly adding a cloudy sky with chalks and a template cut from a piece of scrap paper, so that I could enter it into the "No Designer Paper" challenge. The bright red tulips in the scene also allow me to enter the card into the Simon Says Monday Challenge, "Beautiful Blooms." Am also entering the card into Cute Card Thursday's Easter themed challenge and Outlawz Tuesday TicTacToe Challenge [center row with easter critters, free space and signs of Spring… this digi features several.]

Entered into: 
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- No Designer Paper           (simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge)
Simon Says Monday Challenge- Beautiful Blooms                    (simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge)
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge-TicTacToe         (Outlawzchallenges.ning.com)
Cute Card Thursday- #577 Easter                                                  (cutecardthursday.blogspot.com) 
Cute As A Button-#43 Anything Goes                                           (cuteasabuttonchallenge.blogspot.com)
Cute As A Button-#43 Anything Goes  [FB]                           


I wanted to make one more card for the current Give a Crafter a Cookie challenge so dug through my stamps and stickers seeking bees. Found a wonderful sticker set that had a large hive plus lots of little buzzers. Since I knew the card would go together quickly, I decided to dress it up a bit with various textures, plus I added some white gel highlights to the hive, flowers at its base and the bees. The sentiment is computer generated.
 Entered into: 
If You Give a Crafter a Cookie- #114 Bees and Flowers          (giveacrafteracookie.blogspot.com)
Word Art Wed Challenge- #382-#383 Anything Goes           (wordartwednesday.blogspot.com)
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                            (Outlawzchallenges.ning.com)

My final card this post is another one that includes something that lived out of doors. Hmmm… I sense a theme here. Am tired of being cooped up all winter and love seeing the sun, leaves, flowers and green grass. I also always loved seeing fireflies when growing up. Like most kiddos, my sibs and I used to catch them and put them in a jar. The first time I did that, the next morning when I excitedly went to see my jar full of magic, I thought one of my  brothers had taken my sparkly bugs and put ugly bugs in their place!
For this card I used the wonderful firefly AND firefly paper, both are freebies from Scribbles Designs. The inside sentiment is from Beccy's Place Digi set named "Light in the Darkness." I printed off the background paper [pre-colored], then added a little grey Spectrum Noir shading around the large firefly and attached a yellow circle of vellum to his… um… derriere and a puffy pastel pink heart sticker to his head. Used another scrap of vellum and an embossing folder from Darice to make the "Hello" sentiment and another scrap of  a soft pastel green vellum behind the large firefly to add a little more color. The final touch was a bit of dotted sheer ribbon that mimics the firefly pathed. So fun.
 
Entered into: 
ScribblesDesignsChallenges- #76-Pastels                                   (scribblesdesignschallenge.blogspot.com)
ScribblesDesignsCustomer Gallery          (scribblesdesignschallenge.blogspot.com/p/scribbles-designs-gallery.html)
Outlawz Challenges- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Spring              (Outlawzchallenges.ning.com)
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week 15-Anything Goes                    (polkadoodle.blogspot.com)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- April                (craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com)

9 comments:

  1. Great cards Kathy. Love the first one with the partial colouring in the heart.

    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Kathy. Thank you for sharing with us over at Cute as a Button Challenge. We hope to see you again.
    DT Wendy for Cute As A Button

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely design & love all the card.Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles Crafting Challenge.
    Regards,
    Shamita
    https://spiralcreativity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creations!! Thanks so much for participating in our IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge. Hope you participate in our next challenge!! Have a happy crafty day!!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful cards, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards!!! That’s such an adorable little girl and you’ve colored her beautifully. Thanks so much for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. I hope you’ll join us again soon.
    Misty

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful creations! Thank you for sharing with us over at Cute As A Button. We hope to see you again.
    ~ Sherry DT/Coordinator xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards - thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your firefly creation and that wonderful sentiment you used on it.

    Thanks so much for entering your creation into our Customer Gallery over at the Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog. Sorry it took me so long to come and comment. I'm supposed to be notified when an entry is added but when I was over there today, realized I'm not receiving some of them. Good luck in the draw.

    ☺Lisa D.
    Strategic Content Developer and Blog Coordinator for The Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog!
    Décosse’s Dynamite Doodles--My Personal Blog!
    Owner & Co-coordinator for The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up!
    Path of Positivity – My other challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!