Friday, April 12, 2019

Change of Seasons

It's FRIDAY… and time for this weeks QKR Stampede Challenge. My DT card this week features a fun digi from QKR Stampede Stamps named "Cat in Bag Digital Stamp" and it's coordinating sentiment named "Cat is Out Digital Stamp." Both can be found HERE. https://www.stamponit.net I colored the image with Spectrum Noir markers and white gel pen. Found a bit of paw print scrapbook paper that provided a wonderful backdrop for the inside of the card and the two sentiments. The "Go Wild on your birthday" sentiment is a freebie from DesertDiva. You can find it HERE
Entered into: 
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- April              (craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com)
Ching-Chou Kuik's Digital Stamps Inspiration & Challenge- Cats or Dogs   (cck-digitalstamps-challenge.blogspot.com)

I'm enjoying being a DT for the Colour Crazy Challenge because the focus is on coloring… one of my favoritest things. This week's sponsor is A Day for Daisies and I had fun creating a card featuring the digi named "Breeze In Spring." I colored the little cutie with Spectrum Noir markers and white gel pen and paper pieced a scrap of beautifully patterned vellum for her blouse. I used scraps of the patterned vellum for the inside sentiment, which is a freebie that you can find HERE. Finished the card by adding some pretty flower stickers to the card front, adding color, texture and dimension to a scene that makes me long for Spring. I added a close up of her face to you can appreciate the delicate beauty of the image. Isn't she lovely? 
 Entered into: 
Di’s Digi Stamps- Add or Show Texture                           (disdigidesignschallenge.blogspot.co.uk)
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week 15-Anything Goes         (polkadoodle.blogspot.com)

I am in need of a sympathy card, so while I had my vellum box out, I decided to use another piece of the patterned vellum to create a simple yet elegant one. The sentiment is a freebie that you can find HERE. I haven't added the inside sentiment yet, as I need to print the digi, but it will be a freebie from the same source. I've added a photo of the sentiment from a card I made in the past. You can find the freebie HERE
Entered into
Word Art Wed Challenge- #382-#383 Anything Goes       (wordartwednesday.blogspot.com)
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Fridays                                        (Outlawzchallenges.ning.com)

This PSX stamp was one of the first ones I ever purchased, and I still love it. For this card I embossed the image in gold and colored the lovely blooms with Tombow markers and a white gel pen. The Easter blessings sentiment is a freebie from DesertDiva.  I added an oval of vellum that included a few sponged circles to give it a muted church window look. The inside sentiment is also a freebie that you can find HERE. The little purple butterfly is a freebie found HERE.  [When I took the photo of the inside of the card I didn't notice that sunlight from a nearby window shone a little brighter on the word "Risen" and on the butterflies wings. Pretty neat!]
Entered into
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- No Designer Paper   (simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge)
Cute Card Thursday- #577 Easter                                         (cutecardthursday.blogspot.com) 

PS- I've enjoyed making Spring cards these last few weeks. So just have to share a weather-related bit of humor with you. I was supposed to be headed to South Dakota tomorrow for my great-niece's baby shower. Was a bit concerned about the predicted storm, but had told my sister that I was still going to try to make it. Then I read this unusually ominous weather report on the website of a local TV station last night. "Further west in Minnesota and South Dakota, the worst of the storm is expected to bring blizzard conditions and up to two feet of snow. Do not travel to these areas. Travel will likely be impossible." When I read this report to my husband this morning he chuckled and said, "Are you going to change your plans? Or... does the warning have to say, 'Kathy Asper, do not travel to these areas?" [My hubby is such a funny man.]

9 comments:

  1. Love your Day for Daisies card Kathy. I particularly like those little flower stickers, inspired. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your Day for Daisies card Kathy. I particularly like those little flower stickers, inspired. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Easter card. So glad to have found you through the SSS challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy, i am responding to your kitty card you entered into the Ching Chou Kuik Challenge. I love it! I also want to say, that i adore all of your cards as well..i am a ADFD fan and i love that card. I am so intrigued by your use of the floral looking vellum..it's so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Kathy, love the tiny colourful flowers. Thank you for sharing with us over on dis digi dsigns. Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing creations!
    Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week for our Challenge!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely image & beautiful spring card.Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles crafting Challenge.
    Regards,
    Shamita
    https://spiralcreativity.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kathy, what a beautiful array of cards. The cat card fits perfectly the Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Inspiration and Challenge Blog Monthly Challenge this month. Thank you for entering and best wishes in the draw. Kym (Ching-Chou Kuik Digital Stamps Blog Challenge and Facebook Challenge Design Team Leader)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute card. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!