Sunday, July 9, 2017

One weekend- Three seasons!

The last few days I’ve spent many hours playing in my craft room. Ended up making cards for several challenges that spanned Spring, Summer, and Winter.

I love seeing butterflies flittering in my flower garden. They are a sign of spring to me! This card is for the TicTacToe challenge at CAS-ual Fridays. I selected the top row: butterfly, single layer, and stripes. (PS I love my white gel pen for adding swirls and swooshes onto butterfly wings, etc.) 
 
Entered into: 
CAS-usal Fridays-TicTacToe                      
        (CAS-ualfridays.blogspot.com)
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #290 Anything Goes              
     (wordartwednesday.blogspot.com)
Double D Challenges

        (daranddiane.blogspot.com)

My summer card is my second entry into Poppy Power’s current challenge-“Copy a Bloomie” i.e. their design team members. This one was inspired by the talented Christine Okken! (Her card has the cute little elephant on it.) 
I wanted to add a bit more color to the card so put a layer of orange vellum over the lettered white background paper. Gave it a whole different look. Plus... I love vellum!  

Entered into: 
Poppy Power- Copy a Bloomie                                     
    (powerpoppy.blogspot.com /2017/07/on-case.html)
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Summer Sunshine                         
     (simonsaysstampblog.com/wednesdaychallenge)
Deep Ocean Challenge #153- Lots of Layers                 
     (deepoceanchallengeblog.blogspot.com.au)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge    
    (craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com)

The third card is was made for we craft card’s mid-week challenge that required the use of brads. Gave me a good reason to clean out my embellie drawer, where I found a treasure trove of brads. 
Entered into:
We Craft Cards Monday Challenge- It might be a fried egg!                 
     (wecraftcards.com/forum)


9 comments:

  1. Kathy, you certainly had a wonderful time stamping and made so many cards. And what a delight to see a Christmas card...Christmas in July! I love the butterflies in your first card, and the white gel pen definitely does beautiful swirls. What a great CASE of Christine's card. She used a great layout, and I love how you used it. I love your Christmas card with the beautiful shades of green and tag! I smiled when I read about your embellishments. Don't we have so many after stamping so many years? Ha! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly did span all the seasons. Love your bold and beautiful butterflies! The sentiment is perfect for that card too! Thanks for sharing your card with everyone at the Casual Fridays Tic Tac Toe Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards! All lovely designed!! Love those butterflies!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous creations Kathy! Love those butterflies! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Pastels’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. More great cards, you are on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun in the sun I would say, great summer feeling card. I like the papers and theme. Thanks for playing in our Power Poppy July challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are the cutest butterflies! Love your card! Thanks for playing along with CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, Kathy! Those butterflies are gorgeous. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Pastel Party" Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great cards - thanks for sharing it with us at Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper Challenge.

    Hope to see you again in August

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!