Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Misc. Fun!

Bugaboo Stamps is celebrating a Christmas in July event with daily challenges!
Here is my entry for Day 5 (July 19). The sweet little Santa image is fussy cut from a sheet of scrapbook paper. I cut a seperate face, beard and hat fur with mounting foam to add some depth. The wonderful "Just be claus" sentiment (on the inside of the card) is one of the first stamps I ever bought, from Azadi Earles, back in the late 90's. I added some embellishment to the font to make the "Merry Christmas" on the card front. (Not sure what company makes that one. I stripped it off of the wood a while ago to use it in my MISTI.) 
Entered into: 
Bugaboo Stamps- Christmas in July (Photo- Santa Humor)  
        (catchthebugblog.blogspot.com)

I’ve always loved making shape cards. So… Simon Says Monday Challenge is called “Get in Shape” I remembered a cute card that I created years ago. Found my template and cut it out of parchment cardstock. A few orange stripes, hand drawn features, sentiment stamped, tied a simple bow around the little feline's neck it’s good to go!
 

Entered into: 
Simon Says Monday Challenge- Get in Shape               
     (simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge)
Cute Card Thursday- Ribbons & Bows                          
     (cutecardthursday.blogspot.com) 

Recently discovered this free digi named “Tiny Dancer” on Tiddly Inks site. I loved coloring her, especially because the site also provides a great tutorial by Lisa Q on how to color “Shiny Black Hair.” I’ve tried coloring black hair before, and it didn’t look shiny. (Actually, it usually looked more like a hairball that a cat hacked up!) Lisa’s tutorial showed me that I was doing it all backward. I need to start with the darkest color. Did that on this card and like the results! Also, am slowly building a collection of alcohol markers and liking them. (Not Copics, as they aren’t in my budget. Picking up Spectrum Noir sets at JoAnn’s whenever I get a 50% off coupon. They seem to work well for me. By the time I retire in 5-20 years, I should have a nice set built up! )
Entered into: 
Tiddly Inks- Inspiration                                                 
    (tiddlyinkschallenge.blogspot.com)
Artistic Inspirations Challenge- Summer Colors                        
     (artisticinspirationschallenges.blogspot.com.au)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge    
    (craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com)

A few weeks ago I won a challenge at Cute Card Thursday and was thrilled to be able to pick out images from Di’s Digital Designs. This sweet little girl, named Izzy, touched my heart! For this card, I colored Izzy with my new alcohol markers and used chalks for her face (I don’t have those colors of markers yet!) Her fur is accented with white gel pen (I provided a close up of that soft touch.) I printed off the sentiment “This little light of mine, I’m gonna let it shine... at Christmas and beyond!” for the inside of the card. Then, to follow that theme, I highlighted the lantern light with white pigment ink and added some “shadows" behind her and along the edges of the card. Finished off with a light flurry of snowflakes- stamped repeatedly in white pigment and gray dye inks until no ink remained on the stamps. Isn’t she precious?
(Note- I used a light blue parchment as my base for this single layer card, and attempted to make it CAS (which is such a challenge for me!) Even though there are snow flakes in the “white space” I did try to keep them to a minimum! I tried to follow CAS guidelines so I could enter this card into the Collaboration Challenge currently hosted by AAA Cards and Less is More because one of the DT’s for Less is More is named…. Izzy! I hope she likes this card made in her honor!

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsimplylessismoore.blogspot.com%2F2017%2F07%2Fchallenges-336-337-olc-coloured-cardbase.html&h=ATO8Y-LvUFmzzeMjRgkmh3hh-gRjypdDLgXmbwY2i8t3EudarNAY8GPuAksNuERzp-sqAEYnihKbFpNxiBgUcIg1v-SgGiMd7DjNDehSeKEl2udi2tKSDp7OCSTWwq3cKWAk8KieEBT63Uu6PD2bzv7EV2I
Entered into:
Di’s Digi Stamps- Christmas in July  
    (disdigidesignschallenge.blogspot.co.uk)
AAA Card Challenges- #94 A Collaboration               
   (aaacards.blogspot.com/)
Less is More Challenge- Colored Card Base            
    (simplylessismoore.blogspot.com)

There are lots of Christmas in July challenges going on right now… and a few challenges that are Christmas themed all year round. So… made this card for those challenges. 
Entered into:
Cas-usal Fridays- Christmas in July                                   
        (cas-ualfridays.blogspot.com)
Deep Ocean Challenge- Christmas in July                    
     (deepoceanchallengeblog.blogspot.com.au)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge                                        
     (craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge2- Extra for July  
     (craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk)


15 comments:

  1. You've made some really cute cards! You colored 'Izzy' beautifully and I love the ballerina too. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The little girl in the snow scene card looks adorable, but I must admit, your photo is a little too dark for me to see it properly. Thank you for joining us at Less us More in collaboration with AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a little cutie! And I do admire your determination to crack the CAS card thing! Thanks for being a dedicated player at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card! Thanks for sharing at Less is More!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super sweet. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely variety of cards here once again Kathy. Your 'Izzy' image is super sweet and the pink on her coat is lovely and vibrant. As Trina says it is a little difficult to see the white space but well done for trying the CAS approach. It's great to see a second entry from you into our challenge at Less is More xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute cards! I really like the contrasting colors in the Christmas card you created. Thanks for sharing with everyone over at Casual Fridays Christmas in July Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your Christmas card is perfect for our humor challenge at Catch the Bug. The sentiment is one new to me, love it! So glad to see you join our Christmas in July event, good luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for joining in our CIJ challenge for our Wednesday Humor challenge, you did an awesome job and we appreciate you playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for entering all of my Craftyhazelnut's challenges with your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for the delicate attention ! You made me blush ! A great take on our challenge with this so cute girl ! And beautiful colouring too ! Thanks for sharing and for playing along at Less is More !

    ReplyDelete
  12. I adore the cat card!!! It is adorable!!!
    Thank you for playing along with us over Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge! We all hope to see you again next week!
    X Zoey

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great take on the Cas-ual Fridays Christmas in July Challenge. Love the big red ornament, so pretty! Thanks for playing along.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great cards! My favourite is the Tiddly Inks one, of course. :-) Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nice cards! Thanks for joining our Christmas in July here at CASual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!