Wednesday, July 19, 2017

C cubed!

Had some time off today so got to play in my craft room. The results, several cards to share over the next few days! This posting features a Cat (again!), a CASE and a Christmas card. 

The wecraftcards Forum Monday challenge requires a black card base. I checked Pinterest for ideas and found a few cat silhouettes that I really liked. Remembered that I had this great stamp from Biblical Impressions. It is named “Crazy Kitty” and always makes me laugh. Was Purrfect for the challenge!
Also, since is it a single layer card with lots of white (um… black) space, it qualifies as a CAS card and I can enter it into two other challenges. Yay!
Lastly, I know that Biblical Impressions went out of business many years ago, so was thrilled to find that this stamp is still available here- https://www.stamponit.net. The set I have comes with a paw stamp. So, I decided to stamp one more card, on autumn gold paper, to show the image in color and with the sweet little paws. Doncha just love it?!

https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsimplylessismoore.blogspot.com%2F2017%2F07%2Fchallenges-336-337-olc-coloured-cardbase.html&h=ATO8Y-LvUFmzzeMjRgkmh3hh-gRjypdDLgXmbwY2i8t3EudarNAY8GPuAksNuERzp-sqAEYnihKbFpNxiBgUcIg1v-SgGiMd7DjNDehSeKEl2udi2tKSDp7OCSTWwq3cKWAk8KieEBT63Uu6PD2bzv7EV2I
Entered into: 
We Craft Cards Monday Challenge- Black Out  
     (wecraftcards.com/forum)
AAA Card Challenges- #94 A Collaboration              
   (aaacards.blogspot.com/)
Less is More Challenge- Colored Card Base            
    (simplylessismoore.blogspot.com)

Okay. I need to fess up. Yesterday I posted my CASE of Stacy Morgan’s Peony Box card as part of the CASE a Poppy Power Bloomie (DT). I think it looked pretty good. However, I have to tell you that card wasn’t my first attempt. THIS one was. I thought that I could just use any old floral stamp. So decided to use a nice bouquet stamp but quickly discovered that it wasn’t nearly large enough for the box card base. So I stamped it four more times, colored and fussy cut the blooms… which took forever! After adhering them into the box decided it still looked “unfinished.” Added the stamped fence and rose strips. Then… needed a sentiment. Decided to opt for humor. It doesn't look anything like Stacy's gorgeous peony card. But, it is a floral box card so I did CASE those aspects of the original. Am thinking a gardener friend will enjoy it. (PS I am also excited that I CASEd all eight Bloomies... and had so much fun doing it! Also have a folder full of ideas for later use. They really are an inspiring team!) 
Entered into: 
Poppy Power- Copy the Bloomies                                 
    (http://powerpoppy.blogspot.com/2017/07/on-case.html)
Artistic Inspirations Challenge- Summer Colors                        
     (artisticinspirationschallenges.blogspot.com.au)
Simon Says Monday Challenge- Get in Shape               
     (simonsaysstampblog.com/mondaychallenge)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge    
    (craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.com)


Another card for all the Christmas in July challenges. This one features a Stampin’ Up ornament and sentiment. I fussy cut pine boughs from paper scraps, and cut an oval from ivory vellum. Created a bit of depth by putting pine boughs behind the vellum and on top of it. Finished the card off with one tiny touch of bling! Simple elegance!
Entered into:
CAS-usal Fridays- Christmas in July                           
        (cas-ualfridays.blogspot.com)
Deep Ocean Challenge- Christmas in July                    
     (deepoceanchallengeblog.blogspot.com.au)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge                                        
     (craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk)
Christmas Cards All Year Round                                  
    (christmascardsallyearround.blogspot.co.uk)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge2- Extra for July  
     (craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge2.blogspot.co.uk)
Simon Says Works It Wednesdays Challenge-Add Sparkle       
    (simonsaysstampblog.com/blog/category/events/work-it-wednesday)

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us again at CAS-ual Fridays, your card is beautiful and I love that Stampin Up ornament!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a pretty kitty, I can't resist anything feline. Thank you for playing with us at AAA cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you've been busy! Great projects. I love your cat image -it's so cute peaking in the bottom of the card. Great layout. Thanks for joining us at Less Is More!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely lovely garden you have here! Your blooms are fantastic and your overall design is just wonderful! Thank you for entering this in Artistic Inspirations Challenges! Please also visit Paper Craft Happy Challenges! - DT Noemi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I'm in love with that cat image! It's so cheeky peeking over the edge of the cards. Love that sentiment on the second card too. Once again I'm saying thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect Christmas card! Love the colors and the stamping. Good luck with our CAS-ual Fridays challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like this one too. A garden of goodness and the fence peeking out the back is awesome! Totally casing that idea. Thank you again for casing my creation! Both are wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, those eyes!! Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards! Your box card is a stunner. Loving the cat cards for our coloured card base challenges. The white-on-black is so dramatic, and the warm colours of the autumn gold background have given a really mellow seasonal feel. Perfect! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! That cat stamp is ADORABLE! I love how you've used it on your cards. I like both colour combos so much - difficult to choose a favourite! Thank for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three fabulous cards! That cat stamp is adorable!! And the Christmas card is simple and beautiful! I love the depth created by the pine boughs on top and behind the vellum oval. Really cool! Thanks for playing with CHNCC2.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your floral box card for our "Get In Shape" challenge is so pretty. Love all those beautiful flowers! Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for entering all of my Craftyhazelnut's challenges with more of your lovely crafting - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous cards, thanks for playing along at AAA Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing your lovely crafting for CCAYR July challenge, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful creation. Thank you so much for joining our challenge at Crafthazelnut's Patterned Paper. Hope to see you next time.
    Hugs, Iwona

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!