Monday, July 17, 2017

Cats, Christmas and Creativity

I’ve had this All Night Media wood mount stamp for many years, and have used it in its usual manner. (I included a photo of the stamp so you could see what that means.) However, when I found this fun cat related sentiment I knew that I had to use the stamp in an unusual way. A cat dangling from an escape rope seemed like the perfect fit, especially when the sentiment is torn from white copy paper, giving it a “ransom note” look. So fun!

Since you might not be able to read the inside sentiment, I'll provide it here. Because, well, as my Norwegian friends in Minnesota say, "It's a hoot!" (They really do say that!) 
Excerpt from the diary of a cat: Day 751- My captors continue to torment me with bizarre dangling objects. They eat lavish meals in my presence while I am forced to subsist on dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of eventual escape-that, and the satisfaction I get from occasionally ruining some piece of their furniture. I fear I may be going insane. Yesterday, I ate a houseplant. Tomorrow I may eat another.
Since I like to give credit when I use an image or sentiment, I spent time researching its source. Didn't find the original author, but from this article, it appears that it is actually from the 1990's.




https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fsimplylessismoore.blogspot.com%2F2017%2F07%2Fchallenges-336-337-olc-coloured-cardbase.html&h=ATO8Y-LvUFmzzeMjRgkmh3hh-gRjypdDLgXmbwY2i8t3EudarNAY8GPuAksNuERzp-sqAEYnihKbFpNxiBgUcIg1v-SgGiMd7DjNDehSeKEl2udi2tKSDp7OCSTWwq3cKWAk8KieEBT63Uu6PD2bzv7EV2I
Entered into: 
AAA Card Challenges- #94 A Collaboration             
   (aaacards.blogspot.com/)
Less is More Challenge- Colored Card Base              
    (simplylessismoore.blogspot.com)

This card is another entry into Poppy Power’s current challenge-“Copy a Bloomie” i.e. their design team members. This one was inspired by the card posted below that was created by the amazing Kathy Jones! (Kathy uses a lot of Victorian colors and ornate dies in her cards, creating an elegant look that I love.) For my card, I used a free wreath digi from Beccy’s Place and a Fiskars circle punch to CASE her card.

Entered into: 
Poppy Power- Copy the Bloomies                                 
    (http://powerpoppy.blogspot.com/2017/07/on-case.html)
Beccy’s Place Challenge- July                                     
    (beccysplace.blogspot.com)
Deep Ocean Challenge- Christmas in July                    
     (deepoceanchallengeblog.blogspot.com.au)
Cas-usal Fridays- Christmas in July                                
        (cas-ualfridays.blogspot.com)
Cute Card Thursday- Ribbons & Bows                          
     (cutecardthursday.blogspot.com) 
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge                                        
     (craftyhazelnutschristmaschallenge.blogspot.co.uk)

Tiddly Inks current challenge is to create a card with “images that make you feel independent, empowered and positive.” Since art provides me with these feelings, the image (free from Tiddly Inks) and my computer generated sentiment is a perfect fit! I am also entering the card in Artistic Inspirations Challenge to use summer colors in a card. Well, I see summer colors popping out in several places on this card (along with almost every other color under the rainbow!) 
Entered into: 
Tiddly Inks- Inspiration                                                 
    (tiddlyinkschallenge.blogspot.com)
Artistic Inspirations Challenge- Summer Colors                        
    (artisticinspirationschallenges.blogspot.com.au)

11 comments:

  1. Busy again! Super Cards. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane, I always love seeing your comments! And yes, I am a busy stamper. My beloved hubby of 40 years has MS... so life is pretty full of stress. Stamping is my therapy! And... each week after AAA posts it's new challenges, I usually spend much of the weekend stamping away so that I have lots of cards to enter into your challenge during the week. Plus, I often stamp a few hours an evening. As noted... therapy! You and the other AAA DTs are so great at commenting... so I want to make sure you have job security! Thanks again.

      Delete
  2. Great cards! Such a perfect sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been one busy crafter, great work! The cat stamp you used for you LIM/AAA card is super cute and I love the creative layout and stamping on this card. The paw prints that continue in the inside of the card were a super idea! Thanks for joining us at Less Is More.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute Christmas card. The ribbon adds so much as does the layered papers for the sentiment. Thanks for playing along over at the Casual Fridays Christmas in July Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous makes! I totally love your cat card for our coloured card base challenge - it's a hilarious idea and so creative! Fabulous! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Less is More :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cat card Kathy, what a great little "story" to accompany the image. I love the way you used the stamp, great idea!
    You did a wonderful job with the wreath card, I just love the beautiful, rich colour scheme you chose. It brings log fires, huge fresh pine trees decorated with pretty lights and the smells of Christmas cookies to mind. Love it!
    Your third card for today is really sweet, the image is adorable and you've done a great job with the colouring. I can also see just about every colour in the rainbow!
    Well done Kathy.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all such pretty cards :) The kitty one is hilarious! Thanks for joining with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Silly fun. What a cute card. Thank you for sharing with us at AAA Cards.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for entering more of your lovely crafting for CHNC challenge 342 – you could also enter this into my CHNC challenge extra for July - I'd love to see it there too x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Chrismas card, I like the color balance in it! Thanks for joining our Christmas in July here at CASual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!