Monday, May 30, 2022

myasperations 5-30-22

Work has been hectic the last few months and it doesn’t look like that will change until fall (especially when I just learned that I have two staff positions to fill! EEK!) To reduce my stress level a bit, I temporarily stepped down from several of my DT responsibilities. But, since making cards is therapeutic and entering/occasionally winning challenges is fun I want to continue with both. Realizing that my blog write-ups usually take more time than needed I decided to try to keep my write-up details to a minimum (except for my few remaining DT cards.) If you ever have questions about a specific card or technique, feel free to ask them in a comment. And thanks for stopping by! 

This card was created for a challenge that requires a technique that is new to me named, “Angled Ink-Blending.” I was inspired by a fun surfboarder digi from Patties Creations to create a card with a beach theme. I followed the instructions for the technique, except I used strips of cardstock as my “stencils”, added some “movement” to the ocean and sky with sketching/smudging of a white gel pen, and created the sandy beach with torn parchment cardstock.  
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Patties Creations (Beach Gnome with Surfboard)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Angled Ink Technique Instructions and video can be found HERE

·   Front Sentiment- Desert Diva Freebie (hello!)

·   Inside Sentiment and sunshine die cut are both from my scrapbook stash

·   Palm tree silhouettes- hand sketched onto scraps of black stationery, fussy-cut and adhered with snail adhesive

·   Embossed brass colored paper frame upcycled from an old card

·   Scrap of metallic silver paper (for his cool reflective "shades"), foam tape, assorted ink pads, and sponges from my stash
Entered into:  
Lift Challenge- Elevator Challenge #170 (Angled ink-blending)
Patties Challenge- #94 Anything Goes (May)
Allsorts Challenge- Week 678- Anything but Birthdays
 
I created this card for the current challenge at The Paper Shelter named “Embellishments.” I wanted the card to have the feeling of looking through the front window of a coffee shop. A coloring sheet of a city street provided the scenic base for the sweet TPS coffee drinker. I know that my card doesn’t include the usual embellishments, but I hope that the things I used to add texture, depth, color, and interest (especially the acetate and foam tape to make the 3-D window/storefront) can be considered unusual embellies?!)
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Path Of Positivity: Celebrate Something Special about your Friends (during COVID one thing I missed most were the frequent coffee dates with friends. We often laughed so hard we joked about needing to wear Depends!)
Supplies: 
·   Background Image- Favoreads Coloring Sheet (Street
         (To see if the coloring fit is still available, go to the link, select download, and sign up for access to freebies.  
         One added note-I reduced the size when printing to 5x7 then trimmed it to fit my card front.)

·   Digi- The Paper Shelter Digi Set (So Casual So Beautiful)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sentiments from an Echo Park paper pad named Coffee

·   Gold Filigree photo corners- Hobby Lobby

·   All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
The Paper Shelter- #513 Embellishments
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #101               
Polkadoodles Challenge- Week #22 Anything Goes                     
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  (Anything Goes)
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge 

My last card was created for the current Christmas Craft Creations Challenge-Two Colors (plus neutrals.)  It features blue and silver (I googled to make sure that silver is considered a color. It is!)  I loved the delicate swirls on the blue patterned paper… a was excited to see how well it matched the pattern on the envelope flap (which I picked up in the wedding discount aisle of Hobby Lobby some time ago)!
Supplies: 
·   Front Sentiment-freebie from TLC Creations (Dream A Little Christmas Dream)

·   Star Template from my scrapbook stash

·   Inside Sentiment- “Thinking of You...” from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Christmas Cardinals)

·   Pioneer Silver Photo corners- available from several sources

·   Cardstock, metallic silver, glittery silver, and patterned paper, from my stash.

Entered into:  
Christmas Craft Creations challenge- Two Colors (plus neutrals)              
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #545-546 Anything Goes                   
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- #596 AG (optional-Add Silver)
Beccy’s Place Challenge- May     Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- May                        
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Anything Goes

17 comments:

  1. This wonderful card makes a beautiful day. Really beautiful fine lines and glittering paper is very festive. Amazing! Thank you for playing in CHNC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fun and so colourful, many thanks for sharing another creation with us at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a funky card for the Liftchallenge with that surfdude! Great work! Thank you for joining us at the Liftchallenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your beach gnome Kathy, he's adorable! You did a fabulous job creating the background for the card, the colour combination is perfect for a gorgeous sunset, and the ocean looks very inviting.
    Using the colouring page for the second card was a great idea and adds lots of interest to the card. I like the perspective you added with the "window"... I also love her plan for the day!
    Your final card is wonderful Kathy, who doesn't like a blue and silver combination? I really like the way you've clipped some of the points from the star to make it seem like it extends well beyond the borders of the card. Lovely!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great way to use a partial of a digi; I never think to do that! Yeah, I miss the coffee conversations with my buddies and it seems we've gotten out of the habit of those long conversations over luscious "over-caloried" coffees! Your comment about your conversations made me laugh! Thanks for sharing this fun card and story with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such fabulous work, Kathy! Each one is beautiful and I am LOVING the gnome! You've made such a gorgeous seaside scene for him! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just fabulous, Kathy. I especially love your gnome card. Thank you for playing along with us on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. We hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've used this image so well Kathy. I love the coffee shop background and your perfect design. So good! Thanks for sharing this with us at The Paper Shelter and for using one of our images!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great selection of makes. Your gnome is so cool. Thanks for taking part again at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love how you incorporated the angled ink blending in your beach scene with the cute gnome Kathy! The gell pen is a great addition. Also your other two cards are beautiful. Thank you for joining us at the lift challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so adorable and I love how you colored my Gnome. Thanks for joining us at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Pattie G

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love these all, such wonderful talent. I like the star and the paper you used! hanks for playing our challenge at Christmas Craft Creations! Happy Crafting!

    Leanne DT Member/CCC
    Christmas Craft Creations

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super makes!
    Thanks for sharing with the Patterned Paper Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great card! I love Gnomes and the beach! Thank you for joining us at Di's Digi Challenge! We hope to see you again. Nancee, DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful blue and silver design.

    Thanks for joining us Christmas Craft Creations.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both cards are a work of art. Nice job and thank you so much for joining us at the Liftchallenge!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love how you used the digi on top of a colouring page in the coffee card, Kathy! Such a clever idea. The sentiment is awesome. I think we all missed coffee with friends, but thankfully things are getting back to normal now. Thank you for sharing your lovely work at the Path of Positivity.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!