Friday, May 6, 2022

myasperations 5-5-22

It’s Friday and time for the Colour Crazy Challenge. This challenge is also an “Anything Goes” but it adds a requirement; the creation needs to include coloring in “any colouring medium you like, onto any project you like, and in any colours you like.” I’ve never outgrown my love for coloring… which is why making cards is stress therapy for me!! 
This week's sponsor is All Dressed Up Stamps and this sweet image is named Llama.  I printed the digi, then added color and textures with Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils, plus silver and a white Sakura gel pens.  Patterned paper, vellum, clear photo corners, and computer-generated sentiments finish off my fun (La)Ma’s Day Card!
Supplies: 

·   Digi- All Dressed Up Stamps (Llama)

·   Colored with Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils, and a Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   Pioneer Clear Photo corners- available from several sources

·   Colorful note card and envelope, vellum scrap, cardstock, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Cupcake Inspirations- Challenge #543 Color Challenge (Mothers Day/ flowers/tea)  
Digi Chooseday Crafting Challenge- Week #18 Anything Goes  
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #541-542Anything Goes                   
All Dressed Up- #127 Anything Goes (April)
Scribbles Designs Challenge- #108 Fur Babies
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Theme: Mother’s Day
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

I have been digging through my stash a lot lately (trying to use what I have on hand to respect our tight budget) so this card is made with items from my scrapbook and cardmaking supplies. I used up several scraps (papers and ribbon) and the little birdhouse embellies helps the card fit into several current challenges related to birds!  
I’m also entering it into the Outlawz Tuesday Color Challenge: Inspiration Photo (my card features blue and yellow, plus circles in several sizes, including on the birdhouse roof and the dotted ribbon!) )
 
Supplies: 

·   All items from my scrapbook or cardmaking stash.

Entered into:  
Pixie's Snippets- Week #427
Double D’s Challenge- Birds Nests, Cages And Houses                                
Outlawz Challenges- Tuesday Color Challenge- Inspiration Photo            
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Birds
Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place (sponsor), I’m entering just for fun!
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  (Use the Color Yellow)

This card is made with an assortment of purchased and “found” (upcycled or repurposed) items! I found a package of the wonderful LARGE diamond rings in the wedding aisle at Hobby Lobby. They were on a banner, but I could see their potential as the star attraction on a card. So, I cut the threads that held the gems together, fussy-cut the photos of the rings from the package (they were small enough to “hang” from the “e” on the die-cut sentiment) and cut a large heart from the bright pink cover of a plastic binder. (The metal insides of the binder had broken, but I couldn’t discard the pretty semi-transparent cover, so I upcycled it! It was too thick for my dies, so I used a scrapbook stencil and sharp scissors to make us of it.) I decided not to finish the inside of the card, but instead clipped a few scraps of the papers used on the front to it, so that I could add a wedding or anniversary sentiment when needed!
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Simon Says Wednesday Challenge: Feminine (Diamonds are a girl's best friend, right? Although I prefer coffee and chocolate, oh… and ice cream!), Outlawz Twisted Thursday: Optional Twist- Sentiment Down Under (the Love die sentiment is located under the major bling focal point!) and NBUS: Never Before Used Schtuff! (I’ve had this diamond ring banner in my stash for at least a year. Now I wish I had snapped up a few of them.)
Supplies: 

·   Diamond Rings-banner from Hobby Lobby's Wedding section 

·   Background music paper- Hobby Lobby

·   Love Die- Stampin Up Thinlits Expressions Dies (Retired)

·   Plastic binder cover, Cardstock, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Incy Wincy Designs- Use a Die Cut or Punch
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge- Feminine
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge- May Pretty Pink      
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes (Twist- Sentiment Down Under)
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- May                        
NBUS (Never Before Used Schtuff!)-  Challenge #38                   

15 comments:

  1. All three cards are lovely Kathy - but thank you for entering the cheerful and pretty birdhouse one to the Snippets Playground.

    I was glad you donned a flower garland and grabbed a ribbon to take part in the Maypole dancing. Such fun! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards, pretty little bluebird! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty cards! Thank you for joining our fun at Colorful Options!
    Diane CO DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Colorful Options}

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards Kathy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Birds’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Grest selcetion and thanks for sharing at All Dressed Up

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute cards. Great thanks for joining us at Incy Wincy Designs Challenges.
    Wish you good luck and hope to see you soon.
    Hugs
    Danka
    Twórcze pasje Danki {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so cute!! I LOVE your first card with the cute llama!! Thanks for playing with us at Cupcake Inspirations!!

    Nora
    CIC DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great cards Kathy! Thanks so much for playing in our challenge at Colorful Options!
    Darlene
    COLORFUL OPTIONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards Kathy and i do love the bird house! So sweet - and plenty of snippets used as well.

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful images, I love your cards. You have such a good eye for color and design! Lots of fabulous work here, and great take on the Mood Board. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Double D, hope we see you back again soon.
    Judy~ DD DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww...What an adorable card! LLAMA tell you that I love the image that you chose and the coloring! So glad you played along at Cupcake Inspirations. Hugs ~ Ishani

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely set of cards.
    Thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday
    Hugs
    Annette - Netty's Cards
    xx
    Proud to design for :
    Polkadoodles Digi Choosday,
    Lili of the Valley,
    Dies to Die For,
    As You Like It Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How cute! Thank you so much for joining us at All Dressed Up Stamps. ~Pam DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. AWWWW! Such sweet and cheery cards! Thank you for your darling entry and support. I look forward to seeing more of your makes in the future! Cheers, Makira

    Colorful Options DT
    https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/
    https://mkccreate.home.blog/

    ReplyDelete
  15. So adorable! Love this image it´s so cute. Thank you for sharing your talent with us at SCRIBBLES DESIGN. Best of luck with your entry. Nick DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!