Saturday, May 28, 2022

Myasperations 5-28-22

Work has been hectic the last few months and it doesn’t look like that will change until fall. To reduce my stress level a bit, I temporarily stepped down from several DT responsibilities. However, making cards is therapeutic for me. And entering/occasionally winning challenges is fun…  so I want to continue with both. Am thinking that my blog write-ups take more time than needed since I labor over adding lots of details. So…I’m going to keep the info that I add to a minimum (except for my few remaining DT cards.) If you ever have questions about a specific card or technique, feel free to ask them in a comment.

A fun Christmas card featuring a fun wood-mount stamp I’ve had in my collection since 1999. She is a classic Diva!
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode: Make it Royal! (Although Eunice might not wear a crown, she DOES carry herself with an air of royalty and likes a lot o’ bling! Notice the “rock” on her finger. And those flashy glasses sure look procession worthy to me. Woot woot!)
 
 
Supplies: 

·   Stamp- Art Impressions (Eunice) This character is retired, but some other fun ones not!  

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Gold filigree photo corners- Hobby Lobby

·   Front Sentiment- Computer Generated

·   Inside Sentiment- “Ready or Not” from Beccy’s Place Digital set (Here Comes Christmas)

·   Sparkly Heart Sticker, paper scraps, cardstock, and other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Crafty Hazelnut’s Christmas Challenge- #596 AG 
Papercraft Challenges   Challenge #82-Add Bling
Rudolph Days Challenge- May
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Theme: Make it Royal!

This adorable fluffy feline from Beccy’s Place (named Morty!) is worthy of center stage on an easel card.
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Path Of Positivity: Celebrate Something Special about your Friends (a friend has a cat that looks a lot like Morty, except she calls him Jabba… from classic Star Wars fame!)
Supplies: 

·   Easel Card- Instructions found HERE  

·   Cat Digi- Beccy’s Place (The Cat’s Meow)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers, a white pencil, and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·  Pawprint sticker- Hobby Lobby

·  All other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Double D’s Challenge- Monochromatic (Any color)  
Beccy’s Place Challenge- May     Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Gem of a Challenge- Week #11 Anything Goes   
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday  (Anything Goes)
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #101 

This feline and related sentiments are new from Jan’s Digi’s (and the set is available during May for just $2.00!) I printed the basket and inside sentiment on kraft cardstock, and the cat, bow, and ribbon on white to add some contrast and texture to my card.
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Paper Funday: Family (My mom was a “Cat Lady” long before we’d ever heard that title.  She was known for naming strays almost immediately after one found her, therefore securing their place in our home. Mom would have loved this little cutie possibly naming her “Muffin”, “Fluffy” or possibly “Princess.”)
Supplies: 

·   Digi and sentiments- Jans Digi Set (PAWSitivity)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   Cardstock, patterned paper, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Jan’s Digi Stamps- May 2022 Anything Goes    
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #545-546 Anything Goes                   
Allsorts Challenge- Week 678- Anything but Birthdays
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- May                        
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Anything Goes

I’d printed out extras of the sentiments for my last card, and paired them with a wintery digi from Patties Creations to make this card. The coloring of the attentive cat in the window was inspired by a sweet kitten from my childhood that I named Spots!) The “wallpaper stripes” were made with my old Scor-Buddy, which also helped make the striped curtains using an easy-to-follow tutorial from the web.
I’m entering this card into several challenges including Passion for Markers Challenge: 13th Anniversary Celebration which includes a wonderful selection of prizes with a theme of Spots and/or Stripes (my card includes stripes in the wallpaper and curtains plus a spotty feline!)
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Patties Creations- Allie Winter Window

·   Curtains made with a tutorial found HERE

·   Sentiments- Jans Digi Set (PAWSitivity)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Woodgrain added to window with fine point end of a Tombow tan colored marker.

·   Pawprint sticker- Hobby Lobby

·   Cardstock, patterned paper, upcycled calendar photo, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Patties Challenge- #94 Anything Goes (May)
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #642- Spots and/or Stripes (Happy 13th!)
            I’m a DT for Sheepski (one of the sponsors), so please don’t include me in the draw for their prize!
The Paper Shelter- #513 Embellishments
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

17 comments:

  1. Very clever paper piecing and folding. Purrfect :-) Thank you for joining the challenge at Allsorts this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super display of cards, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your friend has a cat named Jabba...that makes me laugh! This card kitty looks like a Jabba; perfect for your friend! The sentiment is too funny! Thanks for sharing a laugh with us at Path of Positivity! Made my day! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My, all the cards are wonderful and fun! I enjoyed reading your post as much as seeing all your lovely projects! Thanks for entering your lovely project in The Paper Funday Challenge.
    Donna
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm back wearing a different DT Hat to say Thanks for entering your PAWS-itivity project in The Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.
    Donna
    Admin for Jan's Digi Stamps Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are all such fabulous cards, beautifully done and especially loving all the cat cards. We had a young pregnant stray cat walk up to our house a couple of years ago. My daughter and I named her Daisy and yes we had planned on keeping her including a kitten and find homes for the other kittens. But turned out our other two cats were not having it and it even made one of my cats run away for 3 days and we started to freak out because we really didn't have a clue with the birthing etc. So sadly we had to take her to a shelter where she safely had her babies and all were adopted. She was such a sweetie though and glad we could give her a home/food/water for a few days!

    Thanks so much for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a clever way to use that fun digistamp, Kathy and I love the little pelmet you created for the window. Great texture that you've coloured on the cat and woodgrain frame too!
    Thanks again for playing along with our special Anniversary challenge at Passion for Markers this week! Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a fabulous image Kathy! Spots must be loving the warm indoors, with that beautiful view through the window. Great curtains! Thanks for sharing this with us at Passion for Markers!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. A wonderful selection of cards. The first one is such fun and a fab sentiment on the inside. I just love those curtains! Thanks for taking part at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great selection of cards - Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge this week.
    Pauline x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun cards Kathy! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Monochromatic’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often. We appreciate your support!!

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, this is such a clever idea! Love this spotty feline looking out of the window and the way you've done the stripey curtains is just brilliant! Thanks so much for joining in with this week's challenge at Passion for Markers. Hugs, Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kathy,
    Happy Rudolf Days.
    These cards are so lovely and your have created such fabulous designs too.
    I love all your wonderful work gone into them especially the first one she sure is a diva.
    Beautidful colouring also.
    Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cards are marvelous, Kathy. Sometimes, life just gets very busy so, one does what one has to do. Thank you for playing along with us on The Paper Shelter Challenge Blog. We hope to see you again soon. Hugs, Lori DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab card and thanks for sharing at Passion for Markers

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry to hear work has been so hectic Kathy, but I'm glad you're still managing to get some crafting done. We all need a little bit of downtime, life gets a little too stressful otherwise.
    Your cards are fantastic as always. I love how you've coloured and "blinged" (not sure that's a word) Eunice, she looks like quite a character! Great idea for an unusual Christmas card too.
    I love your Doomsday - I mean Birthday - card! How fun is that?! I can imagine giving this to a close friend or family member on one of those "big" birthdays. You've done a brilliant job colouring the image. I particularly like the touches of white.
    The kitten in the basket is super cute and I love the sentiments that go along with it. Again, your colouring is fantastic Kathy, you really make the image come to life.
    Your final card in this post is wonderful too. I can just imagine that cat sitting by the window watching all the birds and squirrels in his yard! I love that you've coloured the image based on a pet you had in childhood, that's a lovely personal touch.
    Thanks for sharing your fabulous cards!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  17. A fantastic collection of cards, I love the fun Christmas one. Thanks for joinig the fun at Rudolph Days this month.

    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!