Friday, May 27, 2022

Myasperations 5-27-22

Work has been hectic the last few months and it doesn’t look like that will change until fall. To reduce my stress level a bit, I temporarily stepped down from several of my DT responsibilities. However, making cards and entering challenges are therapeutic for me…  so I want to continue with both. I decided that I want to reduce the time it takes to develop my blog writeups. So…I’m going to keep the info that I add to a minimum. (Hmm. Hoping I can do that. I tend to be verbose…i.e. chatty!)
I’m happy to see that Power Poppy has started offering challenges again. This first one is to feature Spring flowers. I knew exactly which of my Power Poppy digi sets I wanted to use- Blossoming Cherry!
Supplies: 

·   Digi and Sentiments- Power Poppy (Blossoming Cherry)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Boxed set of Plaid cards and envelopes- Hobby Lobby

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Power Poppy- The Blossom Challenge- April Showers Bring May Flowers  
Scribbles Designs Challenge- #109 Anything Goes
Jan’s Digi Stamps- May 2022 Anything Goes    
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #545-546 Anything Goes                   
Outlawz Challenges- Monday Greeting Challenge- Anything Goes
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

A sweet digi (that sadly appears to no longer be available), freebie sentiment, upcycled card front, and sparkly stickers… together they make a pretty little card!
  
Supplies: 

·   Digi- Dis Digis (Butterfly Fairy) Appears to be retired

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Front Sentiment- Birdscard Freebie (Just Flying by)

·   Floral background- Upcycled card

·   Floral Stickers- K & Company Flora & Fauna Adhesive Border

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Digi Chooseday Crafting Challenge- Week #21 Anything Goes  
Dare 2 Be ArtzyMay Flowers
Colorful Options Monthly Challenge- May Pretty Pink     
Digi Doodle Studios- #49 Fantasy/Light and Sprite/Believe in Magic   
Outlawz Challenge- Twisted Thursday Anything Goes

My last card was so fun to make using a sketch, snippets (aka paper scraps), a die, a computer-generated sentiment and one of my favorite wood-mount stamps.
I’m entering it into several challenges including the Cupcake Color Challenge (the many snippets are my card are mostly striped paper in a rainbow of colors!), Passion for Markers Challenge: 13th Anniversary (my card offers a burst of colors and patterns in celebration of the special anniversary!), and the Path Of Positivity Challenge: Celebrate Something Special about your Friends (I really enjoy people with a sense of humor. So feel blessed to be married to someone who can make me guffaw for 45 years and counting!)  
 
Supplies: 

·   Rabbit image-All Night Media Wood Mount Stamp (company out of business)

·   Colored with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Filmstrip Die- Marianne Design

·   Sentiments- Computer Generated

·   All other items from my stash.
Entered into: 
Sketch N Scrap-Card Sketch #218     
Cupcake Inspirations- Challenge #544 Color Challenge (stripes)  
The Paper Shelter- #513 Embellishments
Pixie's Snippets- Week #428
Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper Challenge- May                        
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #101 
Passion for Markers Challenge- Week #642- Spots and/or Stripes

19 comments:

  1. Hope things calm down for you soon Kathy, but I'm glad that you're still creating and enjoying your craft. All your cards are wonderful! I love your colourful snippets and super design. The image is wonderful and the sentiment is fantastic! Love that you have your funny bone by your side. Thanks for sharing this with us at The Paper Shelter!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry things are hectic, but happy you find relief from stress in crafting! That last card definitely made me laugh...and that's good for stress! It's great to surround ourselves with fun friends who bring joy to our lives! Thanks for sharing some fun with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great bunch of cards! Especially the striped one! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake Inspirations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy - good to see you found some time to de-stress with this fabulous hobby of ours! Three lovely cards, but I'm particularly commenting on your entry over at the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND.

    It's always lovely to see a humorous card - so the sentiment really works for me! Loving the sweet All Night Media bunnies too (bet that's an old stamp!).

    Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground. I'm trying out cocktail recipes, so grab a comfy chair in the Playground Treehouse and come help test some cocktails out! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely projects! Sometimes it's best we step back, take a breather and just create for ourselves and for fun. And thanks for reminding me of the Power Poppy Challege, I've recently colored up a PP image so I need to hop over and enter. Thanks for sharing your lovely project with us at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.
    Donna
    Admin for Jan's Digi Stamps Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow.. such amazing cards! The flowers outside the window are so delightful! Love the way you incorporated stripes on your last card, very cool and cute s well. Thank you for joining us at cupcake inspirations. Hugs~ Ishani

    ReplyDelete
  7. How absolutely adorable are those little critters?? Seriously your card is fantastic! Great take on the card sketch too! Thanks for playing along with us this month at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great snippets card Kathy - do remember to take time to 'stop and smell the roses'. Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card Kathy. Wonderful way of using up scraps. Thank you for entering the Celebrate Something Special About Your Friends Challenge at Path of Positivity.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a sweet little girl on your lovely floral card!
    Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Digi Choosday! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet and I love your sentiment label too.

    Thanks for joining us at the Digi Doodle Studios Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great card, Kathy! Love those cute bunnies and your use of paper scraps, following that simple sketch and the sentiment is such fun!
    I know what you mean about trying to cut back on the 'waffle' (as I call it) when blog writing, but it is hard to just get straight down to business without a bit of life thrown in?!
    Thanks for playing along with our special Anniversary challenge at Passion for Markers this week! Lisa x
    PS I love your blossom card, perfectly coordinated inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All beautiful cards but those cute bunnies got me. So adorable.
    Thanks for joining us at Craftyhazelnuts patterned paper challenge blog.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your charming bunny card! Thank you for playing along with us over at PFM this week.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful cards! Love those bunnies! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketch N Scrap! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful cards! Love It! Thanks for entering the Digi Choosday Challenge. Good luck!! - Linh (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such gorgeous cards!! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, Kathy - you've been the busiest little crafter this week. I'm so impressed. I just love the window scene on your first card. I can't thank you enough for sharing your wonderful art with us at Word Art Wednesday. It means so much to me, and I really do appreciate you. I hope you're having a great week!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  19. The idea of putting that cherry branch outside the window...genius! I love it! It was fun seeing all your creations here! Thank you for playing along with the May Power Poppy Blossom Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!