Sunday, May 15, 2022

myasperations 5-15-22a

I am honored to have served as a Guest Designer for Beccy Muir at Beccy’s Place and am now one of her “Contributors” (which means that she provides me with digis or clear stamp sets several times a year and I get to create cards or other items with them!) It is always fun to see the images Beccy invites me to use.  This time, the digi and sentiments are all from a just-released set named All That Jazz.
I love how Beccy colored the pup on this digi set, so I used the pre-colored version, adding a few shadows and highlights. I also attempted to add a bit of woodgrain texture to the base by sketching a wood pattern with a fine line tan maker, then adding some highlights with a white colored pencil to provide a light sheen. (I am not musically inclined- just ask my husband who has requested that I not sing in his presence- so I didn’t even recognize this instrument. My hubby identified it as a Bass or a Cello. So I did a bit of research and learned a lot of neat things, including that this is a Bass, and plus found a photo that guided my coloring of it HERE.
Supplies: 

·   Digi and Sentiments- Beccy’s Place Digi Set (All that Jazz)

·    Precolored- Shading added with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and highlighted with Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Pioneer Black Photo corners- available from several sources

·   Patterned Papers, cardstock, heart punches, circle templates, other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
2craftycrittercrazies challenge- May 2022                                     
Lil Patch of Crafty Friends- #182 Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesday Challenge- #543-544 Anything Goes                   
Gem of a Challenge- Week #10 Anything Goes                             
Jan’s Digi Stamps- May 2022 Anything Goes    
Paper Funday – #41 ATG

This is my second entry into the current Butterfly Challenge, which is one of my favs!  Each challenge offers several colors and themes we can use on our cards, plus provides instructions for a creative fold that we can use if desired.  The current challenge is to create an Arrow Card, which is surprisingly easy to make. My card features all four of the required colors (African Violet, Amaranth, Asparagus, and Aero Blue) plus all three of the themes (Arrow Fold Card, 2 Design papers, and Butterfly.) I took a closeup of a few flowers and butterfly to show that they hold a bit of glittery bling!
I’m entering my card into several other challenges including Papercraft Challenges: Add Bling (the flowers and butterflies both are sparkly with clear glitter); and Outlawz Sunday: A Dream Is a Wish Your Heart Makes (I didn't know how bittersweet the words to this Disney song is until I realized how closely it fits this card and a dream that I had last night. Allow me to explain- my mom went to her heavenly mansion 12 years ago… but I still miss her. When posting this card, I was looking through potential challenges I could enter, and when I saw the lyrics for this challenge, I smiled. First, it is for Mother’s Day, which is when I miss my mom so very much.  Also, her name was Rose, and I have so many reasons for thanking her. I was wishing that I had another chance to do that… so was surprised when I had a wonderful dream last night that featured her.  In my dream, we were both widowed and had just rented a new apartment together. As we unpacked the many boxes of our possessions, we came across so many “childhood treasures” sewn by my mom, and Christmas ornaments created by moms' six kiddos over the years. My dream included discussions about the many blessings during our lives, and lots of laughter, especially about the parade of unusual “pets” that my kind-hearted mom allowed us to care for in our crowded home- cats, dogs, budgies, and rescued salamanders, river turtles, chipmunks, and even assorted bugs! I woke from the dream with a smile and the memory of her warm laughter in the air. It was the sweetest dream EVER!)
Here are the lyrics to the song- “A dream is a wish your heart makes When you're fast asleep. In dreams you will lose your heartache Whatever you wish for you keep. Have faith in your dreams and someday Your rainbow will come smiling through. No matter how your heart is grieving If you keep on believing The dream that you wish will come true. A dream is a wish your heart makes When you're feeling small.  Alone in the night you whisper Thinking no one can hear you at all. You wake with the morning sunlight To find fortune that is smiling on you. Don't let your heart be filled with sorrow. For all you know tomorrow The dream that you wish will come true. No matter how you heart is grieving If you keep up believing The dream that you wish will come true”
Supplies: 
·   Instructions for Arrow Card available HERE

·   Embellishment Stickers- K & Company Flora & Fauna Adhesive Border

·   Front Sentiment “Sweet as a Rose”- Imagine That! (Company no longer in business)

·   Inside Sentiment “Happy Mother’s Day”- Imagine That! (Company no longer in business)

·   Music Score patterned paper- Hobby Lobby

·   Cardstock, striped patterned paper and all other items from my stash.
Entered into:  
Outlawz Sunday Challenge- A Dream Is a Wish your Heart Makes
Butterfly Challenge- #170 A is for Arrow Card 
Papercraft Challenges   Challenge #82-Add Bling

I’m working on cards to include in card assortments that I like to give as wedding and graduation gifts. I’ll need both types in the coming months. This fun Rudolph digi always makes me smile… plus it includes BLING! (I took a closeup to try to show Rudolphs red glittery nose, but it is hard to see in the pic. In real life, it does really sparkle. I also added red glitter to the "o" in "Rudolph" in the Subway Art background on the card front.  
Supplies: 
·   Rudolph Digi- Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Here Comes Christmas)

·   Precolored- Shading added with Spectrum Noir Classique markers and highlights with Sakura Gelly Roll white gel pen

·   Reindeer Subway Art by Dawn Collins (Outlawz Freebie) 

            Note-You must sign up for access to the site (Join to find challenges, freebies and lots of great people!)

·   Inside Sentiment- “Thinking of You At Christmas” from a Beccy’s Place Digi Set (Christmas Cardinals)

·   Assorted die-cut Snowflakes: Cheery Lynn Designs Die (C146 Snowflakes) and Lawn Fawn LF995-Mini Snowflakes Die Set

·   Red glitter, cardstock, hand-cut snowflakes, and other items from my stash.

Entered into:  
Christmas Craft Creations challenge- Two Colors (plus neutrals)        
Path Of Positivity Challenge- Challenge #101 (Twist- Celebrate... Friends  
Beccy’s Place Challenge- May  Since I’m a Contributor for Beccy’s Place, I’m entering just for fun!
Digi Chooseday Crafting Challenge- Week #19 Anything Goes  
Outlawz Challenge- Festive Friday (Christmas) 
Outlawz Challenge- Saturday Paper Ala Mode- Theme: Thinking of You
Outlawz Challenge- Inlinks Challenge

13 comments:

  1. Great image and your card design is very nice. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge and we look forward to seeing more of your designs.
    Donna
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm back wearing a different DT Hat to say Thanks for playing along in the challenge at Jan's Digi Stamps!
    Donna
    Admin for Jan's Digi Stamps Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a festive card! Great use of the subway art behind him and all the snowflakes are perfect! So happy you shared your cute Christmas card with us at Path of Positivity! ~Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are all lovely Kathy!

    Thank you for playing along with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends this time around- good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very fun card! Thanks for playing at Christmas Craft Creations

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card!! Love It! Thanks for entering the Digi Choosday Challenge. Good luck!! - Linh (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. More gorgeous cards for your stash Kathy, these are fabulous! I love the colouring on the first one, especially the beautiful wood grain you added to the base.
    Your butterfly card is gorgeous! The combination of the music score, the flowers and other ephemera is perfect and has a lovely old world feel. It's a beautiful way to honour your dear Mom.
    The last card is your post is awesome! I really love the contrast between the image and the beautiful background. The soft colours are wonderful and I love all the texture. The glittery nose is a great touch too.
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a great Christmas Card! I love the image and the background layers are fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Craft Creations and hope to see you again soon. Tammy DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love, love, love this card. So pretty. Thankyou for coming along and playing in the garden with me again. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the different fold on the card. Very pretty flowers. Thank you for joining us at Di's Digi Challenge! We hope to see you join us again! Nancee DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous design and I love that sentiment!

    Thanks for joining us at the Paper Funday Challenges.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a pretty card. Love the patterned paper you have included in your work. Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper challenge this month and hope you join us again soon.
    Anna, Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kathy,

    I love all 3 of your cards, but my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE is the first one, because we have a Basset Hound! Your cards are always wonderful, and I'm so glad I got to stop by your blog again for a visit! Thanks for always sharing with us at Lil Patch of Crafty Friends, and good luck! :)

    ~Marie B -DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks you for your comments. They bring joy to my day!